Ford Mustang Forum banner

is base pre-wired for fog lights?

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  DUBL07 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows if base trim is pre-wired for fog lights. I was completely surprised to find out that it is completely pre-wired for auto head lights on/off including sensor and I just had to swap the $20 switch. Since the switch works with fog lights, I am wondering if car is pre-wired for fog lights same way as it is pre-wired for auto on/off.

Thanks,

Vadim

#3 ·
My Base has fog lights so id say there is a good chance.

#4 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows if base trim is pre-wired for fog lights. I was completely surprised to find out that it is completely pre-wired for auto head lights on/off including sensor and I just had to swap the $20 switch. Since the switch works with fog lights, I am wondering if car is pre-wired for fog lights same way as it is pre-wired for auto on/off.

Thanks,

Vadim
More info on the auto on/off?????? :D

#5 ·
Look in the center of your dash and you'll see a little round plastic thing. That's the light sensor for automatic headlights. By simply swapping out the switch with one from a car that has fog lights, you are able to use the switch position for automatic headlights. At least it was this way for the 11-14 cars.

On the base 2011 V6, the wiring harness for the front lights doesn't have a provision for fog lights, which is what I believe the OP was asking.

#6 ·
There's a company called Starkey that makes a complete plug and play set up for fog lights.

Scott

Reactions: 5.0 Coyote
#9 ·
nope there is no pre wiring for it. if you check the fuse block under the hood the fuse and relay are missing and there are no contacts in the box for them. have to buy an aftermarket kit for it. i too installed the auto headlamp switch ( SW6659) im still unsure i want the fogs. a guy in my area has some led ones in his car. trying to chase him down and ask where he got them or if he made them. his have individual led's in them, so like 4 along the bottom and 3 across the top since the opening is wedge shaped. they look so good and compliment the led's in the headlights.
upgrade your dome lights too, think i put 168 style l.e.d's in mine, anyways picked up some from a local parts store. 20 dollar mod that makes the interior so much brighter than stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.