Your Thoughts on the 2018 Mustang ! - Ford Mustang Forum

Like Tree87Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 120 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
GT Member

Your Thoughts on the 2018 Mustang !

Ok guys,the 2018 Mustang photos and some specs have been released today,so far it seems like there is a LOT of unhappy folks.Please post your thoughts.
PS. 5.0 Coyote DOESN'T like it at all,may my garage queen S 197 2011 GT live forever,LOL.

Cem Sengul likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 120 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

5.0 Coyote and Beechkid like this.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
No Bandwidth wasting by Mentioning Non Site Sponsors in my Sig
post #3 of 120 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
PONY Member

I looked at some pics and didn't see many major changes. It's still the same ugly post-retro car. No thanks!
5.0 Coyote likes this.

2014 Mustang GT Premium black on black
Mods: GT500 axle-back exhaust, Tint, DrawTite Hitch Receiver

post #4 of 120 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I'm sticking with my '12, thanks. Just having a hard time warming up to the look of the +15 Mustangs despite the goodies underneath (flat plane crank, big brakes, magnetic suspension, IRS, freer flowing heads and intake, etc.). The lower hood on the '18 is a good improvement step but the front just needs a lot of work. Despite my squawks, Ford will sell a bunch of Mustangs so I have hope that they will eventually make another gorgeous Mustang someday.

Chris

2012 GT RTR 6MT; performance white / charcoal
* 3.73's, ProCal tune, MGW R/S, FR GT500 Touring axlebacks, BMR LCAs, Steeda Panhard & brace, JLT PCV catchcan
post #5 of 120 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
GT Member

Question

Anyone care to guess what the MSRP will be on the 2018 Mustang GT?
post #6 of 120 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

It's the Mustang upgrade I would seriously consider. The Magneride suspension, more horsepower (no specifics yet), LCD display for gauges and my favorite, heated steering wheel. Yes. I'm old and grabbing on to a -3 degree steering wheel, even with gloves, is not fun.

As for looks, I like it.

2012 Grabber Blue GT Premium, 6MT, 3:31, Brembo, Nav, Comfort pkg, backup camera.
Goodies: GT500 Mufflers, MGW Shifter, DSS AL Driveshaft, Bondra Clutch pedal extension
Tune: Bama 91 Octane V2 Performance Tune
Suspension: Steeda Ultralite Springs, Koni Yellows, Steeda HD Strut Mounts, Steeda UCA - lowered cars, BMR Adj. Panhard bar
Tires: Continental DWS06 275/40-19
Track Days: Bama 93 Octane Race Tune, 18x10 SVE Drifts with Bridgestone RE-11 285/30
Just for show: Raxiom Smoked tail lights
post #7 of 120 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
I think it's better than the 15-17, but still ugly! 11-14 ftw
5.0 Coyote likes this.

INSTAGRAM --@allen_nightmare5oh
2014 5.0 6R80 - Mods - Bama Tune, Roush Axle Backs. - 1/4 Mile - 12.56 @ 116.8

2005 GT 5-spd - Mods - JLT 3 Intake, Bama 93 Tune, MAC Boomtubes. - 1/4 Mile - 13.28 @106 --- SOLD!!
post #8 of 120 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
PONY Member

I've tried so hard to make me love the 2015+ Mustangs, I can't

'Little Red'. 2011 V-6 Mustang. Automatic Trans. C&L C.A.I. Ceramic Coated BBK Long Tube Headers and Catted Shorty X-Pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 rear gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. JLT Catch Can. Axle Exchange Aluminum Drive Shaft. Steeda Watts Link. Several more mods...1991 F150 4X4 59,000 miles. Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
post #9 of 120 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Without a doubt, the 10-12 cars had the best front ends and are my favorite iteration of the Mustang. I do like the hood change, the interior is nice, not fond of the computer screen gauges though, like old school gauges better, glad to see the handling and exhaust improvements, and I like the wider rear in the 15-18 cars. Still hate the headlights - they don't look Mustang to me. But the most important thing is how it will drive!
1DrunkCat likes this.

DT

2010 GT Premium / Red Candy Metallic / Automatic / RapidSpec 401A Leather Interior / 19" Premium Painted Wheels / MMD Decklid Panel / MMD Classic Quarter Window Louvers / MMD Black Tail Light Trim / GT500 Splash Guards / GT valve caps / FRPP GT500 Brake Cooling Shields / FRPP-SVT GT500 Cooling Fan / Steeda LCAs / Redline Hood Struts / JLT Oil Separator / JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake / Pypes O/R X-pipe / Pypes Violators Axelbacks / Steeda UDP / Steeda CMDPlugs / Brenspeed Tune
post #10 of 120 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
BOSS Member

I would gladly trade my 12 V6 for a new V8......I like the 11/12's (V6 for a look win) but like the s550's more

"every one of you was going 50"
post #11 of 120 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
Rookie

Nope... Never..... Will probably keep my '11 forever!
5.0 Coyote likes this.

2011 5.0 Convertible Premium :yelpleased:, Black, Auto, Acc Pkg #6; GT500 Axle Backs, FRPP Tune.
2012 LTD Escape AWD (Winter Driver).
post #12 of 120 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
I'm somewhere between neutral/indifferent/OK to it and sort of like it. I really need to see more pictures, with different colors and from more angles. The fuzzy initial pictures (the yellow ones) aren't good enough to waste any time with beyond "yeah, the 2018 Mustang is coming". The only picture from the rear that I've seen . . . it needs wider wheels and tires. From the side, I think the nose sits a little too high relative to the rear - not much, and it might only take half an inch of front lowering to fix.

Externally, all I'm likely to notice would be the hood line when I'm driving and my opinion on most everything else would be about how well it contributes to function (cooling, head light illumination, maybe reduction of lift on the track, etc.) and whether or not it makes washing the car a fussier process. Otherwise, out of sight, out of mind.

Internally . . . I might be OK with the instrument panel, but I'd have to actually experience it first. There are times and sunlight conditions where the gauges in my '08 GT are virtually unreadable at a quick glance (say, at a track day when you're going to have adverse lighting at least once on every lap). But I know I don't want a huge screen for the radio and whatever else anywhere on the dash. Don't even want a little one, but probably don't have that choice any more.

Norm

'08 GT coupe, 5M, wheels, tires, pads, fluid, a few suspension mods . . . still almost stock height
'10 Legacy 2.5GT, 6M (hers)
'01 Maxima 20AE, 5M (spare, winter driver)
post #13 of 120 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
I'm somewhere between neutral/indifferent/OK to it and sort of like it.

Norm
Although in summary I think it is ugly, this is my position. There are FEW angles where it looks nice (e.g. full side view). However, most of the angles show it as being disproportionate. I've rented 2 S550s. I CANNOT get beyond that football field sized hood that seems to stretch forever in front of me.
5.0 Coyote likes this.

2014 Mustang GT Premium black on black
Mods: GT500 axle-back exhaust, Tint, DrawTite Hitch Receiver
post #14 of 120 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
BOSS Member

I have never liked the S550 except for the GT350 but I think the 2018 is a step in the right direction. The lower hood and the quad exhaust kinda won me over. I'm due for a new Mustang since it's been 3 years, so ......................

Black 2014 GT Premium BBP 6R80
post #15 of 120 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

My only complaint in the looks department is that the front end looks a little too squashed, too compressed for my liking. I don't know if it's the sloping hood or the side profile that makes it look like the bottom half of the bumper is sloping up a tick but it just looks horizontally squashed to me. Not a total dealbreaker for me and seems like something that can be solved fairly easy when new exterior parts become available.

I like the goodies in the new models and my next Mustang will definitely be a v8 now that the v6s have gone to that v6 engine farm in the sky. However, I'll be keeping my 2011 v6 for a long LONG time so the desire to upgrade just isn't there at the moment.

It doesn't look bad to me based on the pictures I see. I'd drive it with no shame if I had to get one but I'd like to see it in person before I cast my final judgment on the looks.

For Play: 2011 Ford Mustang v6 Premium Coupe w/Pony Package. Stock...for now.

For Work: 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE. The fun daily driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page