Really dissapointed with Scamsoil - Ford Mustang Forum

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Really dissapointed with Scamsoil

I waited 1 month for this order and it finally came today but the oil containers are leaking. I attached pictures so you can see what happened.

One of the gallon containers has a crack so now i do not have enough oil to do an oil change on my vehicle. So now i have to go to the store and spend more money on this oil change. This is the most expensive oil change ive ever seen.

I could have just went to the store to begin with and gotten royal purple or mobil 1 and it would be cheaper and faster than waiting 1 month for a leaking box.

Ordering from this company was a horrible mistake. I don't know what I was thinking i guess i fell for the hype.

I have to pay $120 for oil then wait 1 month then i have to put a leaking box in my trunk and get oil all over my clothes. Now i dont have enough oil so i have to go buy more? It really makes no sense to order from this company.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0877_1485529200763.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	416.0 KB
ID:	551449   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0880_1485529245551.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	573.6 KB
ID:	551457   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0883_1485529273339.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	570.8 KB
ID:	551465   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0885_1485529302069.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	606.3 KB
ID:	551473  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017
SHELBY GT 350 Member

so what did they say when you told them? How much oil does your car take (or how many vehicles are you changing oil in)

2012 V6 with Weathertech Floor mats from a Boss 302.
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017
PONY Member

Garage
Did you order it directly or through a dealer?
I've done several orders through them, and every one arrived in less than a week in perfect condition.

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by noldevin View Post
Did you order it directly or through a dealer?
I've done several orders through them, and every one arrived in less than a week in perfect condition.

I went on the amsoil website and i paid the membership to be a preffered member. Then i ordered it from their website. So i dont know if it was directly or from a dealer? I assume directly from their warehouse.

I wish it could take me less than 1 week but im shipping to an APO address so it takes 1 month (thats probably also the reason the box is so badly damaged) According to amsoil it takes 4-6 weeks to ship to an APO so im lucky it wasnt 6 weeks.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
so what did they say when you told them? How much oil does your car take (or how many vehicles are you changing oil in)
I Emailed them but the website says they need a couple of days to reply. I wanted to email instead of call so they can see the pictures. It doesnt really matter to me what they say im done with this company. Its so expensive and then you have to go through all this extra trouble? Its really not worth it.
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017
SHELBY GT 350 Member

I'll agree with the not worth it (but I know their are lots of oil opinions) but we all make mistakes and some of it may be the shipping company. I see APO...blame may also be with them once the Govt or it's contractors take the box.

2012 V6 with Weathertech Floor mats from a Boss 302.
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017
GT Member

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience. But I highly doubt that Amsoil sent out damaged products. It had to have been damaged in shipping. I can guarantee you the Amsoil 5w50 full synthetic is worth the money compared to motorcraft full synthetic 5w50. I have oil analysis data from my oil changes for proof. I will post that information in this forum when I have the time.

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, GT500 Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDmustang13 View Post
I am sorry to hear about your bad experience. But I highly doubt that Amsoil sent out damaged products. It had to have been damaged in shipping. I can guarantee you the Amsoil 5w50 full synthetic is worth the money compared to motorcraft full synthetic 5w50. I have oil analysis data from my oil changes for proof. I will post that information in this forum when I have the time.

No oil change is worth $120.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
moonrakercat and ew1usnr like this.
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDmustang13 View Post
I can guarantee you the Amsoil 5w50 full synthetic is worth the money compared to motorcraft full synthetic 5w50. I have oil analysis data from my oil changes for proof. I will post that information in this forum when I have the time.
a couple of things here....IMHO...

With the extended oil changes 5,000 up to 10,000 miles, withthe reduced ZDDP and the longer exposure to periodic oil filter bypassactivation, this is another parallel to the hydraulic timing chain actuatorsfailing at 50K to 100k miles as compared to their design specs which say theyshould be good for 150K+ miles. Those who have experienced these specificfailures, the majority report they are on extended oil drain frequencies- mostof the Ford Master Techs i have spoken diretly too regarding this, agree theirgut instinct says there is a relationship between the two.

With regards to Amsoil, it's nothing more than Mobil 1 with an additive and dye.....and as far as syn vs non-syn oils, today, all oils are are considered synthetic. While I amnot promoting this company nor their products, they have an excellent, detaileddescription as to how & why all oils today are considered “Synthetic” http://www.synlube.com/synthetic.htmand was confirmed through legal proceedings http://www.scribd.com/doc/217558103/Motor-Oil-s-Day-in-Court.Mfgs such as castrol, are actually using a oil base that is not by previousindustry standards to be even considered a "synthetic", was sued (ByExxon/Mobile IIRR) and they won in court because they were able to demonstratewith additives they were essentially delivering a syn product. When looking at all the refineries in the US(2014), the only one really capable of supporting 100% synthetic oilmanufacturing is Chevron/Phillips refinery in Texas…and it is not promoted as asynthetic oil.

As far as oil analysis goes, the majority of 'mail order" labs are a joke......"labs" in most states are required by law to be licensed and certified by that state.......most of the "oil analysis labs" are absent of this and just say, they don't have to have that...then they are NOT A LAB!!!! Inquire specifically about 1) what training and certification is required of the tech & supervisor? 2) how often does recertification occur? 3) How often is the "machine" recalibrated? 4) when was the last time it was calibrated 5) Who calibrates the "machine"? 6) What training is required of the tech that performs the calibration, when was their last certification? 7) the test "devices" (for calibration), where are they purchased from- the "machine manufacturer or ?

next time send in two separate samples, wait 3 weeks between submitting the 1st and 2nd one......2/3 rds of the time, they are totally different as a result of staff training, calibration or improper handling....

This is just an example of what an industry trainer see's on a daily basis...
http://oil-analysis.testoil.com/?p=56

By: Tim Nelson, Technical Services Manager, InsightServices

A company recently hired me to train their samplers. Thecompany used the drop tube method to collect their oil samples so I grabbed aline of tube and began waking around taking samples with a trainee. At thefirst piece of equipment I cut a line of tube and took a sample and then threwthe used tube away. The trainee immediately stopped me and asked why I wasthrowing away the tube. I was shocked to learn that he was taught to reuse thetube.

Samples taken from a drop tube or drain port have ahighest potential of producing inconsistency among samples. In situations wheredrop-tube vacuum sampling must be used on circulating systems, the bestsampling location is between the return line and the suction line. This isknown as the short circuit. In addition, tubing should never be reused. Toavoid minimizing sample contamination a new line of tube should be used foreach sample taken.

Does your plant have a standard method for takingsamples? Have all of your samplers been formally trained in taking samples? Doyou have questions about the different sampling methods?

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechkid View Post

With the extended oil changes 5,000 up to 10,000 miles, withthe reduced ZDDP and the longer exposure to periodic oil filter bypassactivation, this is another parallel to the hydraulic timing chain actuatorsfailing at 50K to 100k miles as compared to their design specs which say theyshould be good for 150K+ miles. Those who have experienced these specificfailures, the majority report they are on extended oil drain frequencies- mostof the Ford Master Techs i have spoken diretly too regarding this, agree theirgut instinct says there is a relationship between the two.

With regards to Amsoil, it's nothing more than Mobil 1 with an additive and dye.....and as far as syn vs non-syn oils, today, all oils are are considered synthetic. While I amnot promoting this company nor their products, they have an excellent, detaileddescription as to how & why all oils today are considered “Synthetic” http://www.synlube.com/synthetic.htmand was confirmed through legal proceedings http://www.scribd.com/doc/217558103/Motor-Oil-s-Day-in-Court.Mfgs such as castrol, are actually using a oil base that is not by previousindustry standards to be even considered a "synthetic", was sued (ByExxon/Mobile IIRR) and they won in court because they were able to demonstratewith additives they were essentially delivering a syn product. When looking at all the refineries in the US(2014), the only one really capable of supporting 100% synthetic oilmanufacturing is Chevron/Phillips refinery in Texas…and it is not promoted as asynthetic oil.

As far as oil analysis goes, the majority of 'mail order" labs are a joke......"labs" in most states are required by law to be licensed and certified by that state.......most of the "oil analysis labs" are absent of this and just say, they don't have to have that...then they are NOT A LAB!!!! Inquire specifically about 1) what training and certification is required of the tech & supervisor? 2) how often does recertification occur? 3) How often is the "machine" recalibrated? 4) when was the last time it was calibrated 5) Who calibrates the "machine"? 6) What training is required of the tech that performs the calibration, when was their last certification? 7) the test "devices" (for calibration), where are they purchased from- the "machine manufacturer or ?

next time send in two separate samples, wait 3 weeks between submitting the 1st and 2nd one......2/3 rds of the time, they are totally different as a result of staff training, calibration or improper handling....

This is just an example of what an industry trainer see's on a daily basis...
http://oil-analysis.testoil.com/?p=56

By: Tim Nelson, Technical Services Manager, InsightServices

A company recently hired me to train their samplers. Thecompany used the drop tube method to collect their oil samples so I grabbed aline of tube and began waking around taking samples with a trainee. At thefirst piece of equipment I cut a line of tube and took a sample and then threwthe used tube away. The trainee immediately stopped me and asked why I wasthrowing away the tube. I was shocked to learn that he was taught to reuse thetube.

Samples taken from a drop tube or drain port have ahighest potential of producing inconsistency among samples. In situations wheredrop-tube vacuum sampling must be used on circulating systems, the bestsampling location is between the return line and the suction line. This isknown as the short circuit. In addition, tubing should never be reused. Toavoid minimizing sample contamination a new line of tube should be used foreach sample taken.

Does your plant have a standard method for takingsamples? Have all of your samplers been formally trained in taking samples? Doyou have questions about the different sampling methods?
Know how I "analyze" my oil? I pull the dipstick out and look at it. How I tell if my oil is "working" or not is if my motor is still running and is knock free. I'm not paying to have someone say, "yeah, it's good."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I`m surprised it was delivered in that condition. I know at the USPS, any leaking container is quarantined as hazmat & then usually returned to the shipper (unless its a toxic substance)

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.

Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.

AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechkid View Post

With regards to Amsoil, it's nothing more than Mobil 1 with an additive and dye.....
I am curious on your first statement to hear more. As I have been told, zinc is not the go to additive for aluminum block engines (and certainly not for catalytic convertors). Also, synthetics give the long interval because they are able to suspend the additives longer. Other than this property, your filter is just as important as it must filter out material for 5,000-10,000 miles.

As fars as Amsoil being Mobil 1, that is just wrong. Amsoil is a good synthetic however it is different than Mobil 1 and some examples of the differences can be seen here:

DT

2010 GT Premium / Automatic / RapidSpec 401A Leather Interior / MMD Decklid Panel / MMD Classic Quarter Window Louvers / MMD Black Tail Light Trim / GT500 Splash Guards / GT Valve Caps / FRPP GT500 Brake Cooling Shields / FRPP-SVT GT500 Cooling Fan / Steeda LCAs / Whiteline Front Sway, RTR Rear / Whiteline Adj Panhard / Redline Hood Struts / JLT Oil Separator / JLT Series 3 Cold Air Intake / Pypes O/R X-pipe / Pypes Violators Axelbacks / Steeda UDP / Steeda CMDPlugs / Brenspeed Tune
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Wow! So much controversy over oil. I just take mine to Ford & tell them to change using FS 5/50 Motorcraft and forget it until next time. In between changes I (like 90lxwhite) pull the dipstick. I guess I'm not up to par.
90lxwhite likes this.

2014 Black GT Premium w/Track Pack - 401A - (Apocalypse)
2017 Black Nissan 370Z Roadster - (Lucille)
MACH I Member

Garage
Looks like it was dropped during shipping- or thrown down at delivery. I've used Amsoil for a number of years followed by sampling after each oil change. It is very good oil. Their products usually aren't shipped direct from the manufacturer, rather they are shipped from third party suppliers in your area.

There are a couple threads floating around SVT Performance with spreadsheets documenting oil sample results.

Oil changes using Amsoil don't come anywhere close to $120.
Apprentice

I order amsoil. Ive never waited more than 3 days for it. Ive never had any leaks or damage.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page