Ford Mustang Forum banner

Now own my first S197...a 2014 GT500

2K views 18 replies 18 participants last post by  Pete Grimaldi 
#1 ·
Picked this 2014 GT500 up about 1 month ago. Got it from an older gentleman in Texas. It had 3700 miles, all factory options but glass roof and included the thick pile Lloyd's mats. Garage kept its entire life. Has 20" True Forged Super Sport wheels and MPSS tires. I also have the original SVTPP wheels and tires, too.

Car rides and drives like a dream. The power and torque for a bonestock car is truly incredible. It put down 613rwhp/611rwtq SAE in 73 degree weather about 2 weeks ago.

Since the car has been in my possession I've added the following:
-UPR brushed oil separator with billet check valve
-Corsa Sport axle back
-Lloyd's trunk mat

Future mods will include Steeda suspension pieces, smaller upper pulley, mono blade TB, CAI and a Rob Shoemaker 93 custom tune. Goal is to hit 700rwhp/700rwtq and call it a day.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Beautiful! Nice find!

#11 ·
Thank you!
Awesome... Wish I had one. :crying:
I love it!!
Congrats,Very nice ride!!
5.0 Coyote.:laugh2:
Thank you!
Is this sub forum really needed?

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2013-2014-shelby-gt-500-5-8l-trinity-tech/1006329-sub-forum-really-needed.html

Congrats man!

You get the honor of posting in this very active area if you so please :wink: !
Thanks and LOL!!
Absolutely gorgeous ride, congratulations!
Thank you!
Wow, that's one heckuva nice "first S197" !
Thanks! This is my 11th Mustang.
Exactly what I was thinking.

WOW, you did it right.
LOL!! It's a badass car.
OP, it looks like you started your s197 ownership the right way.
Thanks! Love the Shelby. It's a big conversation piece and head turner.
Go big or go home.......Mission accomplished. Nice one!
Thanks!!

Can't wait to get my Steeda suspension bits installed. Need to firm up the suspension a bit since my S550 had the full Steeda catalog on it with adjustable Koni dampers.

#3 ·
Awesome... Wish I had one. :crying:

#7 ·
Wow, that's one heckuva nice "first S197" !

#13 ·
AWESOME!:laugh2:

#16 ·
Damn that's a nice ride - my first 197 and 5th Mustang was a V6 PP - guess I was doing it wrong....
Welcome and Damn that's a nice ride

Scott

#17 ·
If I weren't supercharging my '14 GT I would probably buy a GT500, but I like not having a payment.

#19 ·
Welcome to the club!

Pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.