post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Takata Corp.........

Takata is going to file for bankruptcy as soon as next week. I hope they keep getting the replacement air bags in stock. I have not had mine replaced yet, & I`m sure there are many others in the same boat:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...PemEoMQtmhMgA:

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.

Donít confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.

AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Someone will have to pick up the ball on manufacturing. Even if all had been replaced, there has to be a parts supply available for replacements needed from normal accident deployments. Both my Mustangs (2014) were replaced.

2014 Black GT Premium w/Track Pack - 401A - (Apocalypse)
2017 Black Nissan 370Z Roadster - (Lucille)
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago
PONY Member

Takata's management should be facing prison time. Bankruptcy should be the 'least' of their problems This airbag **** pisses me off . Sorry.............
Urambo Tauro and 5.0 Coyote like this.

'Little Red'. 2011 V-6 Mustang. Automatic Trans. C&L C.A.I. Ceramic Coated BBK Long Tube Headers and Catted Shorty X-Pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 rear gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. JLT Catch Can. Axle Exchange Aluminum Drive Shaft. Steeda Watts Link. Several more mods...1991 F150 4X4 59,000 miles. Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago
Apprentice

Garage
There seems to be some difference between US and Canada. I know of two 2014 GT's in Canada that had not yet had the inflators replaced, and the local dealer in both cases was able to replace within days once requested. Therefore, parts seem to be readily available in Canada and not so much in the US.

Maybe the lower number of cars here makes a difference somehow? Both cars were in higher humidity areas of Canada (Victoria BC and Windsor ON), but I would think SC is generally hotter and more humid than both Canadian locations I listed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago
Apprentice

Garage
As far as continuing to provide replacements, I think part of the reason Takata hasn't yet filed for bankruptcy is because they've been trying to come up with a solution to sell/merge with another airbag supplier to ensure continuity into the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago
S197 Member

I live in S/W Florida,I just called all of the Ford dealers in a 50 mile radius of me, and I stated my recall letter was almost a year old for passenger side air bag,they all stated the same thing,SORRY we have NO information as to when we will be getting the replacement parts.My drivers side has been replaced,but my question on that fix is that the new and improved style air bag, or more of the same, but just a more recent date,I hope that doesn't go on a recall list again.Very SAD state of affairs for the entire auto industry.
5.0 Coyote.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago
Apprentice
S197 Member

I just got mine done earlier this week and I was in & out in an hour; was very impressed with the quick turnaround. Try calling other dealerships to see if they have the parts in stock.

2013 Mustang GT Premium
Build Date: 01/14/2013
  • Ford Performance 3.73 Gears
  • MGW Race Spec Shifter
  • Flowmaster Outlaw Catbacks
  • American Racing Long Tube Headers / off road x-pipe
  • Ford Performance Cobra Jet Intake Manifold
  • Ford Performance 65mm Cobra Jet Twin Blade T/B
  • Ford Performance Cobra Jet CAI
  • SCT Tune
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago
SHELBY GT 350 Member

I saw this coming long time ago....where it will end up IDK. At least with the Japanese culture they'll feel guilt.

5.0 Coyote likes this.

2012 V6 with Weathertech Floor mats from a Boss 302.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago
Apprentice

I still put a lot of blame on the Auto manufacturers. If they did not demand dirt cost on items, and actually cared this could have been avoided. Many companies bidded, and many when questioned about pricing stated it was impossible under the cost to use the right chemicals, and anyone with a low cost was using inferior chems. What did they do... buy from cheapest without care.

Only when people started to die did the manufacturers care or question. They were told this from the very beginning, bean counters.

I don't believe Takata is being allowed to suppy the new bags, I thought I had read one of the above mentioned manufacturers are doing the replacements. No doubt Ford is "staggering" supply, but in life and death that is BS.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

mfr's or consumers? If $ was not the main concern for the consumer the made in China wouldn't be relevant.

open for discussion

2012 V6 with Weathertech Floor mats from a Boss 302.
BOSS Member

Ford is now using TRW airbags for replacements.

Black 2014 GT Premium BBP 6R80
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
mfr's or consumers? If $ was not the main concern for the consumer the made in China wouldn't be relevant.

open for discussion

Manufacturers mainly as they are producing a product that kills (and I know what their profits look like), but there is lot more involved otherwise than a customer not wanting to pay $50,000 for a vehicle.

We would need to know what really goes on through import/export taxation, shareholder dividends, company spreadsheets, CEOs' salaries, gov backdoor deals, and a whole lot more information to have any real reasonable discussion that puts any blame on the consumer for desiring a safe, fairly reliable product at a non backbreaking cost.

IMHO
MACH I Member

Quote:
I saw this coming long time ago....where it will end up IDK. At least with the Japanese culture they'll feel guilt.

They use to, but not anymore........and that ended with Mr. Shoichiro Toyoda who was directly involved in one of the greatest insurance fraud/scams in the US....Toyota & GM partnered to create an oem extended warranty company...........IIRR, in year 4 when claims on TMC vehicles began to climb, they declared bankruptcy......this was in or around 1991......the Toyoda family has not blinked an eye at any of this......................

The Japanese are very shrood business people and if they can fix something great, otherwise they simply look out for themselves 1st....just like many wealthy business people

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
I still put a lot of blame on the Auto manufacturers. If they did not demand dirt cost on items, and actually cared this could have been avoided.
I work in the industry and the OEM's have strict specifications that must be met along with the quoted price for all products. If a supplier (Takata in this case) gives the OEM test data supporting that their product meets all the specs at the quoted price, how is the OEM responsible? If the OEM's test specifications are too weak, then I would agree. It has been reported that in this case that the supplier lied about the performance of their products and this is why some executives have been charged.

Quote:
Many companies bidded, and many when questioned about pricing stated it was impossible under the cost to use the right chemicals, and anyone with a low cost was using inferior chems. What did they do... buy from cheapest without care.
Sorry to dampen the corporate bashing, but we all benefit by the constant pressure OEM's and suppliers put on themselves and each other to continually improve features and performance while simultaneously lowering costs. Look at the features in a 2017 Mustang compared to a 1967 Mustang. In 50 years the advancements have been incredible, and this doesn't come without a lot of pressure and pushing from many sides.

Quote:
I don't believe Takata is being allowed to suppy the new bags, I thought I had read one of the above mentioned manufacturers are doing the replacements.
The airbags themselves are not the problem, it's the inflators. The supply of replacement inflators is coming from Takata and other suppliers.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:

Maybe, but I can`t see any of the big kahunas on executive row committing hara kiri anytime soon.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.

Donít confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.

AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page