New Wheels and Tires Ordered!!! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

New Wheels and Tires Ordered!!!

I am not usually one to plug for an internet merchant...and I really hope I haven't fallen into some elaborate scam...BUT I just ordered
MHT Forged Edition 'Paragon' wheels, 20x10 rear and 20x9 front, wrapped with 295/30/20(r) and 255/35/20(f) Pirelli PZero tires.

Ordering from "Mr. Wheel Deal" saved me $627 over the cheapest internet wheel distributor I could find...

2011 GT Coupe (Black), Manual, 3.73 gears, Brembo pkg. with CS lower valance, Saleen grille, Bassani X-Pipe Cat-Back, C&L CAI, SCT Tuner (Brenspeed 93 Octane Street Tune 396 rwhp 382tq Dyno), Steeda Sport Springs, Koni "yellow" rear shocks, Steeda "heavy duty" upper strut mounts, MHT Forged Wheels.

Ordered and waiting for delivery:
Koni "yellow" front struts...I hate back-orders!
Saleen S302 Body and Interior ordered 3/29...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010
PONY Member

No link no pics? :beauty:

2011 Mustang 5.0 412HP SG Charcoal Premium Comfort: Auto, Secure & NAV, Remote, HID, ButtCam & GTcs wheels, Sport Stripes, Roush AB's & plush 5.0 Mats!
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

2011 GT Coupe (Black), Manual, 3.73 gears, Brembo pkg. with CS lower valance, Saleen grille, Bassani X-Pipe Cat-Back, C&L CAI, SCT Tuner (Brenspeed 93 Octane Street Tune 396 rwhp 382tq Dyno), Steeda Sport Springs, Koni "yellow" rear shocks, Steeda "heavy duty" upper strut mounts, MHT Forged Wheels.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I ordered through Steve at MrWheelDeal.com - Save big on XD, Moto Metal, Boss, and more and MHT is building my wheels. Estimate 3-4 weeks for delivery...

The process of ordering wheels through Mr. Wheel Deal is pretty straight forward...you find the perfect wheel for your needs and then fill out the form on his page. Within a few hours, I had an email from Steve with a few questions...after I responded, he contacted MHT and then came back to me with a quote...which was over $100 cheaper per wheel than the nearest online retailer.
I had included what tires I wanted...his initial quote for the tires was more expensive than another online retailer. He asked for the website, which I provided, and a few hours later he came back able to meet the same online price with MUCH less shipping costs! He explained that he had to order from different vendors offering low stock discounts on the tires...so he is getting the tires from different vendors to fulfill my order.

Here is the kicker...I believe that he is only charging what it costs him to ship the wheels. Where most sites charge at least $99/wheel, Steve is only charging ~$160 for the entire set of wheels and tires.

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010
PONY Member

Big Birt, mind telling us what color your car is in your signature? Great looking wheels, add some pics of your car before & after.

The Silent Majority always get slaughtered! It's always the small minority radicals that impose their will on the majority who don't speak up!
Americans have nothing to apologize for except for letting progressives force their will on the majority. :run_over:
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poneyup View Post
Big Birt, mind telling us what color your car is in your signature? Great looking wheels, add some pics of your car before & after.

As you wish...it is as stated in the Sig block...for now...I have other plans...to which I can credit Chip Foose...I used to own a 1997 Autumn Orange GT 'vert...I loved that color...it too had a black top!!

Last edited by bigbirt; 12-12-2010 at 06:49 PM. Reason: add
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-13-2010
Grimace427

After reading this tread, I put a quote request for some Foose Classics 500 18x9 and 18x10. Right after the request I went on google to look for other retailers to look at prices and I nearly died. Averaging $1100-1500 per wheel. Let's see what kind of deal this guy can make!
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-13-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
After reading this tread, I put a quote request for some Foose Classics 500 18x9 and 18x10. Right after the request I went on google to look for other retailers to look at prices and I nearly died. Averaging $1100-1500 per wheel. Let's see what kind of deal this guy can make!

Make sure you let us know what Steve comes back with...from what I read on other sites and his own site, I am sure you will be getting the best price through his site...

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011
PONY Member

Waiting on my Boss 338s to arrive from Steve now.
Boss 338 wheels 20x8.5 & 20x10
KDW2s F:255/35/20 R:275/35/20

Price:$1646...that includes shipping.

--Dan--
SOLD>> 07 GT 5 speed,20x9 Razors,FRPP springs,Kook stainless LTs and catted H package,Mac Boomtubes,C & L cai w/sctx3 and 93 race tune from BAMA,FRPP 4.10's

The New>> 2011 5.0 6spd,black on black premium ,3.73 option, Roush axelbacks,C&L cai,SCT SF3 w/93 race tune from Bama.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

So...I had an interesting experience with Steve...bottom line is that he did make everything right...

I received my custom build wheels in Jan. When I test fit them, the front wheels contacted the Brembo brake calipers...OUCH! Additionally, they were 20x8.5" instead of 20x9". I contacted Steve and he responded within 2 hours...

As it would turn out, I had two separate email exchanges with Steve prior to my purchase, and failed to remind Steve that my GT had the Brembo package...therefore, the offset was designed for standard GT brakes. I told Steve that I understood what he was saying, but that does not excuse the fact that I ordered the front wheels as 20x9 and received 20x8.5...

Steve convinced MHT to fix the caliper clearance, since the wheel was the wrong size...the catch was that all four wheels had to be returned because to fix the caliper clearance, the spoke design had to be curved.

MHT is NOT fast at building wheels...and I JUST received my wheels two days ago. They were definately worth the wait. I'll upload a few pictures and post here in a few.

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Mustang 5.0 with new shoes by bigbirt, on Flickr

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Mustang Rear Wheel by bigbirt, on Flickr

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Mustang Front Wheel by bigbirt, on Flickr

GT Member

DAMN those are nice!

Would you mind sharing (or PMing me) the total cost of your order?

I've been searching for a good place to buy wheels and if this is true, I may use Steve.

Past: 2011 3.7 6AT SG
Current: 2014 5.0 6MT Black
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidhadriel View Post
DAMN those are nice!

Would you mind sharing (or PMing me) the total cost of your order?

I've been searching for a good place to buy wheels and if this is true, I may use Steve.
I paid $4537 for the wheels and tires, shipped.

Because I had to send them back for rebuild, it cost me another $200 (I assume for shipping both ways). Bringing my total cost to $4737.

In comparison, the same wheels and tires from the cheapest online source I found was $5219.

The real kick in the shorts was having to wait. I don't think this was Mr. Wheel Deal's (Steve's) fault though. The MHT wheels I purchased were a custom order. MHT claims 3-4 weeks for delivery, but it took nearly two months to receive the wheels....and when they didn't fit properly, I had to wait another two months.

In the end, I am pleased. They fit perfectly now, and look awesome. Even my tire place was impressed with the wheels, as they only needed one or two small wheel weights to balance out...

I was kind of disappointed by the weight of the wheel/tire combo. Because they are two piece forged, I thought they would be lighter than the factory 19" Brembo package wheels. I don't have a scale, but my impression is that the front 20x9 with the 255/35/20 Pirelli PZero carcas weigh the same as the stock brembo setup (Cast wheel with PZero 255/40/19). The 20x10 rear wheels with 295/30/20 PZeros definately weigh more than the stock rollers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page