Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
482K views 6K replies 288 participants last post by  2013MustangGT 
#1 ·
Hey guys, has anyone ordered and received their 2013 mustang GT's yet???? Also, if you have ordered them, how long did it take for you to get your VIN number after your dealer placed the order?

#3 ·
I ordered mine. Unfortunately Track Pack cars are taking longer. My info is in my Sig.

#4 ·
Why is it that the track pack cars are taking longer? Cause of the different rear end differential? Mine has the track pack too :(

G
#5 ·
I placed order 1/23 with a refundable deposit-(I was still awaiting pricing info to be released). Ford Customer Service rep Deysha gave me info for VIN on 3/15 & link for window sticker, which came up on 3/23. Build date is sometime this week (unsure of exact day), with delivery probably late April (I need to confirm that with my local dealer). :racer:

#8 ·
I'm not sure exactly when my order was put in to Ford. Things get a bit hazy with the military program I'm using. I put it in to Navy AutoSource early February (that was the earliest they would let me order).
The rest of my dates were/are: VIN: 10 March 2012 / Window Sticker: 28 March 2012 / Build Date: 2 April 2012.
Pretty excited. Hopefully there aren't any delays getting it here (supposed to be here by 19 April).
I've heard of track pack delays, but nothing firm. Does anyone have more info on that? What is the delay for, and how long until the delays are fixed?

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
That doesn't make any sense to me. I read that all the models come rolling down the same line.. V6s, 5.0s, Bosses and even the Shelby.. Why can't they completely customize the car to exactly what a consumer wants? I'm not saying V6 body with Shelby motor etc etc.. but as far as the options go? WTF? This irritates me.

But how sick of a sleeper car would a badge-less V6 looking shell be with the Shelby tech underneath it?

#13 ·
That doesn't make any sense to me. I read that all the models come rolling down the same line.. V6s, 5.0s, Bosses and even the Shelby.. Why can't they completely customize the car to exactly what a consumer wants? I'm not saying V6 body with Shelby motor etc etc.. but as far as the options go? WTF? This irritates me.
I totally agree with you! 100% and I complained to my dealer about the same thing when I ordered my base GT. I wanted an exterior option(the CS style spoiler) that is only avalible on the premium... From what he explained they only run 1 type of car down the line at one time like theyll do nothing but v6 bases, then stop those and do GT bases then v6 premiums ect. My dealer said they "wont break the line" to put a premium option on a base order. Basically it's a stupid way to get you to spend more money.

G
#41 ·
Congrats, 2013 gt! I can help you track it! Just PM me with your dealer's name and order number so I can help.

Does anybody know when they are supposed to arrive at the dealers to buy off the lot????
People are already posting pics of 2013s on the lot now. They don't have any at my dealer yet. They still have 15 or so 2012s that they haven't sold yet. There is supposed to be a green boss coming in to my dealer soon, but it isn't here yet.
They should be arriving now, Johnboy89. They've been shipping out since last month (march). It does depend on the dealer though.

I ordered mine march 22 the order went in the next day.
Send me your VIN or dealer's name and order number so I can track it, elsuave.

I ordered my Mustang on March 19th, and Deysha says my build date is Apr-13 and ETA to the dealer is Apr-22. I can't wait!
Me either, FletcherJ! I want to see the pictures!:yup:

Ordered a race red Boss w/Recaros and Torsen today! :laughlitt Q3 Build which gives me more time to save up for the down payment. :grinroll:
thats awesome!!!!! I've got to get in touch with this Deysha person! She seems to be helping a lot of people out!!
Lol! Congrats, guys!! I received your PM dastefster. I'll get back to you as soon as possible. ace72ace, PM me your info so I can track yours as well.

I ordered 3/2 got vin 3/14. Waiting on build date and eta. Car is a black base GT (301a) with Recaro seats, and track package.
Ordered my 2013 V6 Premium Coupe PP 6MT a month ago through a special program for deployed service members.
Congrats, guys. You can PM me with your VINs so I can track them for you.

This is very encouraging because I heard from someone on another thread (not that I believed them 100%) that the Track pack cars were delayed..but obviously from your post, they aren't! I'm hoping I have a similar build/delivery date as you do! I ordered mine 3/24. Haven't gotten a VIN yet but I'm expecting mine soon!!
They started scheduling about 2 weeks ago, dastefster. That info may have been accurate, depending when it was posted.;)

Deysha

#23 ·
they're already arriving at the dealers. have been for 2 weeks or so. There were 3 at my local dealer last week but 2 of them sold already.

#21 ·
People are already posting pics of 2013s on the lot now. They don't have any at my dealer yet. They still have 15 or so 2012s that they haven't sold yet. There is supposed to be a green boss coming in to my dealer soon, but it isn't here yet.

#24 ·
Hey guys got updates from Deysha today. Build date 4.13. ETA 4.22. Car is in my sig

#27 ·
I ordered mine march 22 the order went in the next day. I called my dealer and told him about a mustang like the one I ordered except this one had a spoiler delete at a different dealer. My sales guy called them but they never returned there call. But wait that's not even the best part of the story. I was told they have the hook up with the big shots and they put in my order along with theirs. My sales guy has the vin and he told me that I will have this car in about 2 weeks to 3 so by the end of April. Oh and I get to keep the $500 ford rebate because I ordered when that deal was still around and I still get the $750 off from the brochures. So all for invoice plus $1250 rebate Hell yea! I couldn't be much happier. :gringreen

#28 ·
That's awesome! Lucky you! I ordered mine on the 24th of march haven't gotten a VIN yet but I'm on A/Z plan(Ford employee) which gets a high priority when ordering + I get my car BELOW invoice :) but I still don't think I'll get mine by the end of April! That's crazy! I expect mine by the middle May. What specifically did you order? Model/options?

Oh and the $500 rebate is good through 1-2-13. Well at least the student/military rebate is. I don't know which one you got.

#31 · (Edited by Moderator)
No, you can't order factory either from the factory on the base GT.
And which stripe? The only stripe you can currently order is the side tape stripe on base

I didn't go to crazy on my order the only thing I got is a race red gt premium 400a auto with a pedestal spoiler, and charcoal interior. That's it LOL. I had x plan but the sales man did not recommend it because its $100 or so over invoice. My best friend works for this big body shop and he is a painter. I'm ganna ask him to order me the side scoops, blk billet grille, bottom fogs, rear boss diffuser, and front lower part just like the cs. He gets all parts for very cheap and does favors for me next to nothing. That's what buds are for. My plan was to get a cs but the tax kinda killed it for me. I'm already putting a big chunk of change down. So shoot ill be done paying for it in a year or 2
Ahhhhh I see. That's what I did with my current stang. Just ordered a base and then slowly added the stuff I wanted myself.

Yeah.. I totally understand that, tax is a killer. Well I know you're excited! My first stang was race red! Pretty color, definitely let me know when you get it! Post pics!

Oh and one of the reasons yours is expected to come so fast is cause you barely added any options.. Options, especially mechanical, tend to hold up the orders /:

#35 ·
thats awesome!!!!! I've got to get in touch with this Deysha person! She seems to be helping a lot of people out!!

oh and what exactly did you order? Model/options?

#38 ·
Ordered my 2013 V6 Premium Coupe PP 6MT a month ago through a special program for deployed service members. Got it the way I wanted with the Saddle Leather with a Sterling Grey paint job and nothing else. $24.4 final price :bigthumbsup, can't wait to take delivery of it in September when I come back from my tour. First Mustang, first Ford, first American car, and first sports call in this buy. Expectations are high and I can't wait to be wowed.

#39 ·
This is very encouraging because I heard from someone on another thread (not that I believed them 100%) that the Track pack cars were delayed..but obviously from your post, they aren't! I'm hoping I have a similar build/delivery date as you do! I ordered mine 3/24. Haven't gotten a VIN yet but I'm expecting mine soon!!

#68 ·
Has anyone run into an issue with a vehicle that you've ordered being placed on hold because of a "compatibility error?". I've got an order in for a '13 mustang GT base 6 speed manual. Two options: Track pack and Recaro seats.

The dealer contacted me today and indicated that the order is at the factory, but they can't manfacture the vehicle because of this error.

From the tone of the message it sounds like there's an option or a part that is out of stock; and because of it the vehicle is on hold...

I also contacted Deysha and she indicated the same..Has anyone run into this before? I'm thinking that it's related to the Recaro's or the Track pack.
Also, my order has been in since 2/13....

#42 · (Edited by Moderator)
its been 18 days and counting since i ordered it and i still have no VIN number on my 2013 mustang gt with the track package! :weeps

Congrats, 2013 gt! I can help you track it! Just PM me with your dealer's name and order number so I can help.

They should be arriving now, Johnboy89. They've been shipping out since last month (march). It does depend on the dealer though.

Send me your VIN or dealer's name and order number so I can track it, elsuave.

Me either, FletcherJ! I want to see the pictures!:yup:

Lol! Congrats, guys!! I received your PM dastefster. I'll get back to you as soon as possible. ace72ace, PM me your info so I can track yours as well.

Congrats, guys. You can PM me with your VINs so I can track them for you.

They started scheduling about 2 weeks ago, dastefster. That info may have been accurate, depending when it was posted.;)

Deysha

Deysha is it true that fords manufacturing warehouse only picks up new orders on thursdays and fridays? instead of any time throughout the week?

G
#46 ·
its been 18 days and counting since i ordered it and i still have no VIN number on my 2013 mustang gt with the track package! :weeps
Deysha is it true that fords manufacturing warehouse only picks up new orders on thursdays and fridays? instead of any time throughout the week?
Yes, drogotem. They do the scheduling on Thursdays. PM me with your dealer's name and order number and I can track yours for you.

Yeah I get that! But thats awesome yours is coming in so soon! I doubt mine will come in that fast (cause of the Track Pack) but I hope it does!
It'll schedule soon, dastefster. Don't worry. :)

Mine was ordered on 01/20. Build day was last Friday, 03/30. Got new delivery ETA of 04/17 today. Thanks Deysha!
It'll ship out soon, Mustangue! Congrats!! :bigthumbsup

Deysha

#45 ·
Mine was ordered on 01/20. Build day was last Friday, 03/30. Got new delivery ETA of 04/17 today. Thanks Deysha!

Grabber Blue GT Premium, 6 sp manual
- 401A interior with Charcoal Black w/Grabber Blue Accent
- Reverse sensing System & Security Package
- Comfort package
- Electronics Package
- 3.55 rear gears
- Rear video camera

I also ordered 4 new rims. 19x9.5" matte black Niche Circuit with 40mm offset. I have them custom built because the normal offset is 35mm.

She's born and on her way home :D

#122 ·

Grabber Blue GT Premium, 6 sp manual
- 401A interior with Charcoal Black w/Grabber Blue Accent
- Reverse sensing System & Security Package
- Comfort package
- Electronics Package
- 3.55 rear gears
- Rear video camera

I also ordered 4 new rims. 19x9.5" matte black Niche Circuit with 40mm offset. I have them custom built because the normal offset is 35mm.

She's born and on her way home :D

This is VERY close to the one that I ordered!! Great minds think alike! :bigthumbsup

This post has been deleted
#59 ·
Wow! Congrats man I wish that tomorrow when I call they give me the same answer! And you asked me what I got on my gt and I ordered mines base... color performance white...manual...and with the track package which includes the brembo package as well and other goodies which I'm sure you already know what they are...

Right now I drive a 2010 acura tsx withbluetooth the voice command and all that stuff...and to be completely honest I never use that crap...all I use is the bluetooth and I rather just buy a bluetooth headset than to pay 1100 for the sync and all that stuff...so I got the track package that brings the real deal sshhhh@t!!!! Lol

#55 ·
Congrats Dastefster - I think your car and mine are going to be coming down the line together 'cause that's the build week I got from Deysha too! It's all very exciting!
Some things I learned from hanging out in this forum for a long time before pulling the trigger: 1) Pick a big dealer who will have the allocation to get an order in right away, and 2) Don't pick options that will slow the order down - like the track pack now, or the metallic paint last year, or the electronics packages a year or two ago. Of course, this is all on a roll of the dice!

#56 ·
You have learned well, grasshoppa':D

Congrats to all of you who pulled the trigger and are awaiting your new Mustang.:bigthumbsup

It's only been 6 months since I started down this road myself, I remember and feel your pain for having to wait.

The day I drove mine off the lot felt eerily similar to the day my wife gave birth to Slo Jr. Not EXACTLY the same, but similar. And months later, the feeling still hasn't worn off (I guess the fact the Mustang doesn't wake up screaming at 2am needing a filter change or a bottle of 93 octane helps out alot, too).:laugh:

#58 ·
Just got word from Deysha (thanks Deysha!). My car was built on the 2nd. The ETA is the 14th of April. Crossing my fingers for no delays. Hopefully not too long now...

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

G
#65 ·
Just got word from Deysha (thanks Deysha!). My car was built on the 2nd. The ETA is the 14th of April. Crossing my fingers for no delays. Hopefully not too long now...
You're welcome, Bizzaro! :D

WOW DUDE! Im so F^CKING HEATED RIGHT NOW! I just called FORD and they said that my vehicle is still in order process this is rediculous!
drogotem, PM me with your dealer's name and order number so I can help.

Deysha

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.