Ford Mustang Forum banner

"OFFICIAL" Engine Bay Picture Thread

64K views 144 replies 66 participants last post by  jjjferro 
#1 ·
We previous had a post about engine covers: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mustang-gt-tech/333968-custom-engine-cover.html

But I thought it would be neat for those who wish to post just a single picture of their engine bays with a list or description of what's been done..short and sweet.

Mine:

1. Steeda Cold Air Intake (polished aluminum)
2. Steeda Billet Hood Struts (delete stock hood prop)
2. Custom Hydrocoated engine cover from emblempros.com
3. Painted and clearcoated coil covers.
4. Chrome fluid caps, chrome strut tower caps, chrome strut tower brace, all from American Muscle.
5. Billet fuse box cover
Coming soon: repaint coil covers silver, hydrocoat radiator cover, Paxton 2200 or TT system :bigthumbsup

RC

See less See more
#2 ·

Boss 302 intake manifold
JLT intake
painted coil covers.
No sound silly tube.

#3 ·

#13 ·
Simply awesome man. I like that brace too

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

#4 ·
I would but I got tired of people copying what I have done. I changed it up again, and am going to try to keep it unique.

#10 ·
Seriously? You get butt-hurt over people copying you? You should take it as a compliment. Good grief!

This is not mine, but it belongs to a buddy of mine (and he doesn't mind if you copy it...lol):

This post has been deleted
#9 ·
Wrong thread. :wavey

#12 ·
Here is mine. Pretty simple..
All chrome is now painted a satin silver. I have had the strut brace on since Christmas.

#16 ·
TruFiber Engine cover
Carbign Craft Coil covers
Airaid CAI
JLT catch can
Misimoto air diversion plate
Scott Drake billet Cap covers

This post has been deleted
#20 ·
In my opinion, the Magnuson is a really ugly supercharger (sorry, but it really is!) and all of the TVS superchargers for the Mustang outperform this any day (Roush, FRPP, Edelbrock) as well as centrifugals by Paxton and Vortech. Hell, the Kenne Bell is the "Big-Boy" for these cars and made in California yet you rarely see it on a 2011+ Mustang.
Just to keep it straight, the FRPP supercharger is a twin screw... the Roush, edelbrock, and magnuson, are all eaton based 2.3l Twin Vorticies Series (TVS) and have the same internal four lobe helix rotors. Although there are minor diferences in the intakes, intercoolers, runners, etc of these three, they essentialy should perform very similarly. The Magnuson may be the easiest to install, with the E-force second, and Roush right behind them in third. The roush is the most widely used, with the most developed tuning, with the e-force in second, and the magnuson following in a close third. That is not to say that there are not great tunes out there for all three, i am just basing this on the total # of units that have been installed on the coyote motors. It may be the case that the factory tune that comes with the Magnuson is a little more mild, but do not confuse this with the units potential. A CAI, smaller pulley and custom tune, will turn into the same screamer as the one on my car. :bigthumbsup

G
#22 ·
Thank you GoT midlife CS, I caught my error with the FRPP twin screw shortly after posting...

I was genuinely curious about the Magnuson and your response helped to clarify, I thought it was a twin screw and really haven't heard much about it aside from the folks in the Dodge/GM scene. My facts were backwards!

My apologies to 94GTLaserRC, sorry for 'thread-jacking'. So, belay my last...let's move on with the great engine-bay photos!

#23 ·
Thanks for the post..I know there are lots more good ones out there. Let's get some more up here!

#26 ·
I used Krylon Fusion spray paint to add the red color.

Attachments

#28 ·
Here's a sneak peek of mine. Still waiting on my lettering from emblempros. Should be here this week. Then I'll reveal the rest.

#29 ·
Here's a sneak peek of mine. Still waiting on my lettering from emblempros. Should be here this week. Then I'll reveal the rest.
So you DID go to emblem Pros? Did you tell Roger I referred you? I told him I would get some sales for him.
RC

#30 ·
I changed the Coil Covers on Mine..

Here are some new pics:

Brightens it up a bit.

RC

#31 ·
Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Automotive engine part

I like my Magnuson. And, like GoT midlife CS says, it's the easiest to install because you don't have to machine anything on the engine front cover. It has a 3.900" pulley from Magnuson, so if you want more boost, just order up a new one a little smaller. I think the others - Roush and Edelbrock - come from the manufacturer with a slightly smaller pulley - 3.800" or so.

Other than that, it's the same Eaton blower as the Roush and the Edelbrock. Like the Edelbrock, it's also low enough that you can install a Boss 302 strut brace over top of it. I've also added a Moroso catch can on the pax side.

The car's a bit of a mudball right now - four track days at The Ridge Motorsports Park in Washington State. The Ridge is still a construction site, so the car gets really dirty when it rains.

#33 ·
#34 ·
Just in time for the show season. My engine bay is 95% complete, just waiting on the lettering for the coil covers to be made.. I used factory colors, sterling gray (UL) and ford black (UA). Everybody who has seen it says its very ME, lol. Here's some before and after.

Before:

And After:

#37 ·
Engine cover and coil covers are sterling gray metallic. You can see the metal flake and depth of the paint in the pic I put up last week. Engine cover lettering is black composite from Roger at emblempros. Waiting for him to have the coil cover lettering kit available and I will do those also. Told me to call back in two weeks and they should be ready to go.

#38 ·
I used the raised lettering from him for the engine cover, but painted the coil cover lettering myself. You may want to consider that too to save money. Doesnt sacrifice looks at all, and not too difficult.

RC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.