Ford Mustang Forum banner

Which seats covers to get?

VOTE: Aftermarket Leather Seat Covers

12K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  145566 
#1 ·
I'll be swapping out my cloth covers for some leather covers this spring. I was intent on getting the basic charcoal colour with some white contrast stitching but I got a little adventurous and am now considering some two tones. I like how the black cars look with red interiors but I fear that one day I may feel that these particular ones will become tacky or that I will tire of them.

Should I go with the standard charcoals or something more bold?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
go with what you want now. you probably will tire of them because its human nature. we always tire of what we have and want what we don't have. learn to not tire of it, or just replace them when you do.

#6 ·
I voted for the bold and the beautiful.

Might be some chemical treatment out there you can use to preserve the color.

#7 ·
Yeah I'm sure some of the conditioners are better than others. There were a couple guys here who installed some red DIY covers about a year ago. They claimed the leather was a step up from factory. I have some swatches and it may be the case--it's real leather. I wonder if the higher quality hide makes a difference.

#8 ·
you could save yourself some serious dough if you can find some Roush/Shelby New takeoffs.

#9 ·
I have take off leathers on mine and I love them,but there is still part of me that wants to put some aftermarket ones in red and black on. I understand that Katskins will last much better than the stock ones. Ive seen them at a car show and they look amazing.

#10 ·
Which ever you prefer. They're both nice.

#11 ·
I think black with red trim accents if to can find them. Too much red doesn't look as rich.

#15 ·
How do these threads get restacked? I know when I responded I didn't search for it. Guess I need to watch the dates closer. Good catch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.