Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang > 2005-2014 Mustangs > 2011-2014 Mustang Talk

Welcome to our Mustang forums where Mustangers come together to hang out, discuss and enjoy their favorite Mustang hobby with fellow Mustang enthusiasts. We invite everyone to read, post, and enjoy our Mustang forum as well as the many other sections of our site.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. By joining our community you gain access to post topics, communicate with members, upload your photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free so why wait, join our Mustang community today! If you have any problems with registration or your account login, please contact support.

2011-2014 Mustang Talk Forum

2011-2014 Talk | 2011-2014 GT | 2011-2014 V6 | 2005-2010 Talk | 2005-2010 GT | 2005-2010 V6 | Shelby GT500 | Mustang Tech 

Reply   Post New Thread
Unread 11-18-2012   #1 (permalink)
Katastrophe is offline PONY Member

Katastrophe's Country Flag
Winnipeg   Manitoba
Katastrophe is on a distinguished road
Default 2013+ Mustang Roush Hood Scoop...

I'm sure most of you have seen the 2013 Roush and I'm probably one of the few here...but I think that "stick-on" hood scoop looks MEAN. I think it really sets the hood off...especially when it sits between the heat extractors.

Anyway, I just looked at the install instructions and holy balls...much more than I originally thought.

http://www.blueovalindustries.com/me...structions.pdf

It's obviously not very hard to do, but I really didn't think I'd be drilling so many holes in my hood.

I'm tossing this up mostly for others who like the scoop and are thinking about it, too. Call me crazy, but I really like it. I may get it for summer.

Thoughts?

Steeda Adjustable PHB (Street) and Steeda PH Brace, Stainless Works Retro Catback Exhaust...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2012   #2 (permalink)
Seadog is offline Banned

Seadog's Country Flag  View Seadog's 33 photos
Stillwater   Oklahoma
Seadog is on a distinguished road

I bought the scoop, but the first one got damaged at some point before it came to me. Right now, I am waiting for a replacement from Roush. While I could install it myself, with the number of holes, and having to paint it, I decided to leave it to a Roush dealer to do it. It looks great in person, and it is comforting to see that many holding points.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Unread 11-18-2012   #3 (permalink)

Winnipeg   Manitoba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
I bought the scoop, but the first one got damaged at some point before it came to me. Right now, I am waiting for a replacement from Roush. While I could install it myself, with the number of holes, and having to paint it, I decided to leave it to a Roush dealer to do it. It looks great in person, and it is comforting to see that many holding points.
Tough luck on the first one...hopefully the second will fair better. I'd like to see it when it's all finished up!

I'd tackle this install myself (aside from painting, of course) as I've done some "bolt-on-body" stuff in the past. I agree 100% with you about the holding points, though. I've seen some scoops in the past raise up in certain areas (mostly the sides) and hopefully this new design gets rid of the problem.

I was thinking of picking up the Roush side splitters along with this...and maybe some side window scoops/louvers, too.

Steeda Adjustable PHB (Street) and Steeda PH Brace, Stainless Works Retro Catback Exhaust...
Unread 11-18-2012   #4 (permalink)
Seadog is offline Banned

Stillwater   Oklahoma

IMHO, the side splitters are a good idea. I plan on that myself to protect the paint on the rocker panels. I have not decided on the side louvers yet, but I am old school and think the rear louvers would be a good look for me.
Unread 11-18-2012   #5 (permalink)
dusman59 is online now PONY Member

dusman59's Country Flag  View dusman59's 9 photos
Mesa   Arizona
dusman59 is on a distinguished road

I had the Ford scoop installed at the dealer when the car arrived. The tech had done several and the paint match was perfect. One could do this as I see the instructions look very well written. Some like the scoops some don't. Do what you like. I did.

2011 Red Candy /build 2/1/11/ 401A
MT with Redline MTL/ Brembos/355's/glass roof
Shaker 1000/Clear bra/Steeda UCA and PH bar
Redline hood lifts/Bilsteins with Ford Racing P springs & axle bks
UPR catch can/ES shift bushing/whiteline kdt928/Epco ball
Shaftmasters DS/BMR loop
Unread 11-18-2012   #6 (permalink)
elsuave is offline PONY Member

elsuave's Country Flag
chicago   Illinois
elsuave is on a distinguished road

My car is pretty much all roush parts right now. I like the scoop. the thing that is stopping me is the fact i have to drill all those holes in a brand new car and affraid of the corners lifting like previous scoops. If i do decide to get it in gonna let my buddy that works at a body shop paint and install. Op when you receive your scoop can you report back here and let us know if the scoop sits flat with no gaps on corners?
roush axle backs,pypes x pipe,resonator deletes, jlt oil catch can,20% tint, sr pc blk strut tower bar, painted engine bay and airaid cai, 93R] Bama tune, full roush splitters,cs rear diffuser,stillen gen 1 chin splitter, am black billet hidden fog light grille.Ford p springs, koni Orange struts, shocks, gt500 mounts, eibach sways, umi lca+reloc brak, 19x9.5 sve pc gloss blk wheels, cooper ra3 275/40/19 tires
Unread 11-18-2012   #7 (permalink)

Winnipeg   Manitoba

^ Yeah, the old ones had that issues sometimes with climate change. For me, being that my car is a DD during winter, this could pose a problem.

Seeing the instructions, though...it makes me think it will resist that problem. I'll be the guinea pig for the winter testing, I guess. I still think that if it's bolted down with that many hard points...it shouldn't be an issue.

But yes...we need pics!

Unread 11-18-2012   #8 (permalink)
venom800tt is offline GT Member

5.0L Member
S197 Member

venom800tt's Country Flag  View venom800tt's 31 photos
Coquitlam   British Columbia
venom800tt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katastrophe View Post
I was thinking of picking up the Roush side splitters along with this...and maybe some side window scoops/louvers, too.
I got the hood scoop, front chin splitter, side & rear splitter + the quarter window louvers. The quality of them are great however I havnt install them yet. I am too waiting to get them painted and install. I love the combo of the hood scoop and front chin, they look aggressive from side view. My install might not happen anytime soon though so I'll wait for someone with pics as well.
Btw I had the 05-09 roush hood scoop on my 07 and going over 80km they would lift up, this one doesn't look to be that way.
Unread 11-18-2012   #9 (permalink)

Winnipeg   Manitoba

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom800tt View Post
I got the hood scoop, front chin splitter, side & rear splitter + the quarter window louvers. The quality of them are great however I havnt install them yet. I am too waiting to get them painted and install. I love the combo of the hood scoop and front chin, they look aggressive from side view. My install might not happen anytime soon though so I'll wait for someone with pics as well.
Btw I had the 05-09 roush hood scoop on my 07 and going over 80km they would lift up, this one doesn't look to be that way.
PICS! If you could please toss up or PM some pics of how the pieces look when they come out of the box, that would be great! I want to know if the side splitters match the front and rear OEM pieces (in terms of colour and finish).

I have a GT/CS, so I'm keeping the Boss 302 front splitter that came from factory. Same goes with the rear splitter. I'm stuck on what kind of side window louvers/scoops to get, though. I wanted something like a scoop-type instead from either 3DCarbon or Cervinis.

So for me...the Roush hood scoop and side splitters will be a for sure.

Can't wait to see some pics of your ride!

Unread 11-18-2012   #10 (permalink)
Jus Cruisin is offline Rookie

Jus Cruisin's Country Flag
Central Florida   Florida
Jus Cruisin is on a distinguished road

Here's how Roush does it.

Here's the finished product.

Unread 11-18-2012   #11 (permalink)
412horses is offline GT Member

5.0L Member
S197 Member

412horses's Country Flag  View 412horses's 5 photos
Columbus   Ohio
412horses is on a distinguished road

I have to admit the Rousch in GHIG with the black stripe around the scoop featured on another thread looks pretty darn good, but I'd be thrilled just to have those stock functional louvers period, something those of us with a '11 or '12 didn't get.

On the '13s the stock louvers plus a decal plus a non-working scoop seems like a lot going on. I think if I really wanted a hood scoop on the car I'd put the money towards a functional ram air hood.

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
Unread 11-18-2012   #12 (permalink)
powerhogger is offline PONY Member

5.0L Member
S197 Member

powerhogger's Country Flag
Houston   Texas
powerhogger is on a distinguished road

I want those roush fog lights.
Unread 11-19-2012   #13 (permalink)
Seadog is offline Banned

Stillwater   Oklahoma

The scoop kit comes with a sheet like the one shown. It covers more area, and has a pair of cutouts for cars with the hood vents. The Ford factory hood scoop is OK, but the Roush seems a lot better to my taste.
Unread 11-19-2012   #14 (permalink)
venom800tt is offline GT Member

5.0L Member
S197 Member

venom800tt's Country Flag  View venom800tt's 31 photos
Coquitlam   British Columbia
venom800tt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katastrophe View Post
PICS! If you could please toss up or PM some pics of how the pieces look when they come out of the box, that would be great! I want to know if the side splitters match the front and rear OEM pieces (in terms of colour and finish).

I have a GT/CS, so I'm keeping the Boss 302 front splitter that came from factory. Same goes with the rear splitter. I'm stuck on what kind of side window louvers/scoops to get, though. I wanted something like a scoop-type instead from either 3DCarbon or Cervinis.

So for me...the Roush hood scoop and side splitters will be a for sure.

Can't wait to see some pics of your ride!
I just took some quick snaps from the side, rear splitter + hood scoop (I just put it on the hood of the car to get the idea lol). The splitters are all made of ABS plastic, i'll leave them black to match all around the car, the scoop and louvers are unpainted and needs prime, clear coat etc... I also have a Boss grille that will go at the same time as the front chin. I wrapped my front chin with bags to avoid damage since i threw the box away so ignore the walmart bag

Unread 11-19-2012   #15 (permalink)

Winnipeg   Manitoba

^ Wicked pictures!

I am amazed at far out those side splitters go. I like that. It's hard to tell from pictures, but I think they look great. I will be getting those for sure.

I'm still not sure about those splitters for the rear, though. I'd have to see them in person or a real close up or a nice 3/4 rear shot to see if they make that much of a difference.

I LOVE that hood scoop. It looks like the front will have to be painted black, though. Or is there a grille insert for it? On a darker car this probably won't matter much, but it would probably look better on a lighter one with some black paint or a grille.

412 - I know what you mean. The 2013 hood already has some nice details. I just think the hood scoop just makes it that much better. I won't end up doing any GFX on mine because I have my stock GT/CS stripes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply   Post New Thread

Mustang Photos
Mustang Links    Top Sites    RSS    Link To Us    Add to Favorites    Archive    Terms of Use    Site Rules    Privacy    Contact    Sponsors    Advertise   
AllFordMustangs is not affiliated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company. ©Copyright 2002-2011 All Auto Enthusiasts Network

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172