back seat squawking - Ford Mustang Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
 
OkieHick's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Oklahoma!
Posts: 650
 
Question back seat squawking

2012 V6 Premium: On occasion my back seat will start squawking. I simply go back there and press on the back cushions to stop it. Then it returns later on.

I need to grease the back cushion retaining hardware. How do I disengage the seats or access the hardware in order to do this?

Last edited by OkieHick; 12-10-2012 at 01:48 PM. Reason: clarify
OkieHick is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012
GT Member
S197 Member
 
Allez Rouge's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Off The Back
Posts: 1,281
 
Feel around between the edge of the seatback cushion and the molded interior liner, behind the shoulder belt. You'll find a cloth pull loop. Yank on that to release the seat back. There's one on each side.

Allez Rouge
2012 GT Premium Coupe | Performance White | 401A Charcoal+Grabber Blue | Comfort Pkg | MT82 | Boss 302 Shift Knob | 18" Pony Pkg Wheels w/Brembo Pkg Center Caps | Boss/CS Front Valance | Scott Drake 5.0/Tri-bar Fender Emblems | FRPP Strut Tower Brace | Redline Hood Struts | GT500 Rear Splash Guards | Rear Spoiler Delete | Sound Tube Delete
Allez Rouge is offline  
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
 
OkieHick's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Oklahoma!
Posts: 650
 
GREAT!! The car is currently at the dealer having a knocking and squawking front end evaluated. It's at 32k miles and needs to get any warranty issues out of the way...



2014 Mustang GT Premium black on black and blacked out...
MODS: Sound pipe delete, tint and 1-1/4 inch Draw-Tite hitch receiver

2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i: NO MODS
OkieHick is offline  
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012
Grimace427
Guest
 
Grimace427's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
How do you know your rear seat is squawking? Are you getting random calls from air-traffic controllers failing to acknowledge your flight I.D?






Damn, that was horrible.

What Allez Rouge said.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012
Apprentice
5.0L Member
 
djwill's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Upper Marlboro
Posts: 62
 
I had a thin piece of metal behind my seat that vibrated and made noise on occasion. was able to get to it from the trunk... A little dab of silicone and haven't heard a sound since!

dj

___________________________________
2011 Performance White GT/CS
MT6 / Security / HID / Comfort / Shaker 1000 / Ford Racing Sport Axle-Backs
Tints / Cervini's Mach 1 Hood / 93P Bama Tune /
___________________
1989 LX 5.0, 5 sd - Sold
1971 Mach 1, 4 sd - Sold
djwill is offline  
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012
OFFICIAL FORD REP.
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Dearborn
Posts: 6,425
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieHick View Post
2012 V6 Premium: On occasion my back seat will start squawking. I simply go back there and press on the back cushions to stop it. Then it returns later on.
I need to grease the back cushion retaining hardware. How do I disengage the seats or access the hardware in order to do this?
Id like to escalate this to the customer service manager of your area and have it looked into, OkieHick. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha

FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline  
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012
PONY Member
 
Tim13's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Southwest
Posts: 690
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
How do you know your rear seat is squawking? Are you getting random calls from air-traffic controllers failing to acknowledge your flight I.D?






Damn, that was horrible.

What Allez Rouge said.
I just hope it's not squawking 7500.....LOL.

That was just as bad. Sorry.

Tim

Mustang base coupe, V6, manual transmission, Red Candy tint, performance package.

Upgrades: DSS aluminum driveshaft, BMR LCA's, Yukon 3.73 gears, MGW shifter.


Displaying 3.7 fender badges is like telling everyone your wife is "office hot."

Tim13 is offline  
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
 
OkieHick's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Oklahoma!
Posts: 650
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustSrvc View Post
Id like to escalate this to the customer service manager of your area and have it looked into, OkieHick. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Thanks Deysha. This is squawking that sounds like metal rubbing against metal that can be resolved with a little grease. I also have a new wind noise on the passenger side that needs to be addressed. I don't mind chasing these things myself. I do not like leaving my car at the dealer except for more serious issues such as the current one involving a rattling and knocking frontend that I cannot and dare not resolve myself. Part of my "playing" with my car investigating and fixing what I consider minor issues. It's relaxing.

The region's CSR called me this morning about the car's frontend issues and told me that he would be in contact until resolution. I think that's pretty cool.

Soon after I bought the car in May 2011 I submitted a complaint about water coming into areas inside the door weather stripping through the door latches and collecting in the MUSTANG placard area. This turned into case #1419762141. I never heard anything back on that case after 2 calls from the area CSR. Do you have its status? Just curious. In the meantime, I have taped a small wire that laps over the sill (on both the driver and passenger sides) which disturbs the weather stripping enough when the doors are closed to allow the water to drain out. ...a little Okie engineering!...



2014 Mustang GT Premium black on black and blacked out...
MODS: Sound pipe delete, tint and 1-1/4 inch Draw-Tite hitch receiver

2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i: NO MODS
OkieHick is offline  
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
 
OkieHick's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Oklahoma!
Posts: 650
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieHick View Post
Thanks Deysha. This is squawking that sounds like metal rubbing against metal that can be resolved with a little grease. I also have a new wind noise on the passenger side that needs to be addressed. I don't mind chasing these things myself. I do not like leaving my car at the dealer except for more serious issues such as the current one involving a rattling and knocking frontend that I cannot and dare not resolve myself. Part of my "playing" with my car investigating and fixing what I consider minor issues. It's relaxing.

The region's CSR called me this morning about the car's frontend issues and told me that he would be in contact until resolution. I think that's pretty cool.

Soon after I bought the car in May 2011 I submitted a complaint about water coming into areas inside the door weather stripping through the door latches and collecting in the MUSTANG placard area. This turned into case #1419762141. I never heard anything back on that case after 2 calls from the area CSR. Do you have its status? Just curious. In the meantime, I have taped a small wire that laps over the sill (on both the driver and passenger sides) which disturbs the weather stripping enough when the doors are closed to allow the water to drain out. ...a little Okie engineering!...
BTW the door latch leaking issue was confirmed by the service adviser on other 2012 Mustangs on the dealer's lot. So I assume it went forward as a design issue. Maybe that's why I haven't heard anything?



2014 Mustang GT Premium black on black and blacked out...
MODS: Sound pipe delete, tint and 1-1/4 inch Draw-Tite hitch receiver

2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i: NO MODS
OkieHick is offline  
OFFICIAL FORD REP.
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Dearborn
Posts: 6,425
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieHick View Post
Thanks Deysha. This is squawking that sounds like metal rubbing against metal that can be resolved with a little grease. I also have a new wind noise on the passenger side that needs to be addressed. I don't mind chasing these things myself. I do not like leaving my car at the dealer except for more serious issues such as the current one involving a rattling and knocking frontend that I cannot and dare not resolve myself. Part of my "playing" with my car investigating and fixing what I consider minor issues. It's relaxing...
Your CSM will make sure this is taken care of for you. I see your previous case is fully documented. Please have him go over it with you as well. Thank you for the update.

Deysha

FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline  
Apprentice
S197 Member
 
2010GT_NC's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Sanford
Posts: 94
 
Send a message via Yahoo to 2010GT_NC
How does a back seat squawk The back seat is literally the most simple part on the entire Mustang that can be removed/installed in 3 or 4 minutes. Having seen all of those parts up close, can't think of anything that would make a sound at all, much less a squawking sound.
2010GT_NC is offline  
Rookie
 
gabi's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 36
 
i was chasing a rattle in the rear and turned out to be the rear seatbelt reel coming loose

the dealer couldn't locate it and fix the rattle so I had to find it myself
gabi is offline  
PONY Member
 
740weapon's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Salem
Posts: 607
 
My back seat makes this noise as well.

If you find a long term solution, let me know. I tried Vaseline and silicone spray all over the place and it had no effect.

I got every contact surface, hinge, and latch that I identified. No effect. I can however reproduce the sound by sitting back there and wiggling around.

I may try covering everything with something greasier like black magic at some point.

2012 V6 Base. 6-speed. 3.31. Roush Wheel Hop Kit. Brembo GT Suspension. Camber Mod. Airaid Intake. 91R-AUTOX Bama Tune. Carbon Fiber Trac-Lok. Spec Al Flywheel, 18x10.5 Enkei Wheels. 285 35 R18 RS-3 Tires.
740weapon is online now  
OFFICIAL FORD REP.
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Dearborn
Posts: 6,425
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by 740weapon View Post
My back seat makes this noise as well.
If you find a long term solution, let me know. I tried Vaseline and silicone spray all over the place and it had no effect.
I got every contact surface, hinge, and latch that I identified. No effect. I can however reproduce the sound by sitting back there and wiggling around.
I may try covering everything with something greasier like black magic at some point.
Hey 740weapon,

You should also make an appointment with you Ford dealer as soon as possible to have this noise diagnosed. Then, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate it to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha

FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline  
PONY Member
 
Don's Stang's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Chestnut Hill
Posts: 640
 
I had a rattle coming from the rear seat as well
In my case it was the plastic trim behind the seat, a little dynomat in a few spots solved my rattle

My only real problem on my car are all the rattles everywhere, I dynomatted a buch of areas, inside the doors, behind the rear seat, in the trunk, and behind a bunch of the plastic interior parts

2011 VMPcharged GT Auto, Borla Touring, Alum Driveshaft, tuned by VMP 10.028@138.99

Fired up the willing engine, responding with a roar.Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime.Wind in my hair Shifting and drifting Mechanical music Adrenaline surge - Rush -
Don's Stang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Random Question

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183