Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang > 2005-2014 Mustangs > 2011-2014 Mustang Talk

Welcome to our Mustang forums where Mustangers come together to hang out, discuss and enjoy their favorite Mustang hobby with fellow Mustang enthusiasts. We invite everyone to read, post, and enjoy our Mustang forum as well as the many other sections of our site.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. By joining our community you gain access to post topics, communicate with members, upload your photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free so why wait, join our Mustang community today! If you have any problems with registration or your account login, please contact support.

 

2011-2014 Mustang Talk Forum

2011-2014 Talk | 2011-2014 GT | 2011-2014 V6 | 2005-2010 Talk | 2005-2010 GT | 2005-2010 V6 | Shelby GT500 | Mustang Tech 
 

Reply   Post New Thread
Unread 01-24-2013   #1 (permalink)
mikona is offline Apprentice


Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 123 Threads: 40
 mikona's Country Flag
Lancaster   California
mikona is on a distinguished road
Default Day 1 with the NEW BOSS

I received the car last night. It was not until this afternoon that I was off of work that I was able to really get into it. I drive a very curvy canyon road home each day.

I have not driven a stick in 10 years, so I am still getting used to it again. It is like riding a bike, but I am not super confident yet.

Anyway, I am blown away simply from the acceleration of this vehicle. At high RPMs, it feels like you are being shot out of a cannon. And, it handles so incredibly well. So tight in the turns. I feel like I am on a very smooth rollercoaster.

From a complete stop, I was spinning the tires in first, second and third gears! So much more impressive than my 2012 5.0 convertible.

Honestly, someday I am sure I will add a supercharger (after my warranty is up), but I cannot even imagine what I would do with another 200 or 300 hp to the ground.

Honestly, for cars like this, they should force drivers to take a special class on how to drive it. For someone not used to the power or proficient driving a stick, I can see where people could get hurt. It really is like giving a gun to a baby.

I haven't even used the track key that came with the car yet. I am trying to get a feel for it stock so that I can really feel and understand the difference.

Oh, the Recaro seats are AMAZING.

This car is truly a beast and just so fast and nimble. So much faster than my buddy's 2012 5.0 NA car with mods.

I cannot wait to drive it some more. :laughlitt
mikona is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Unread 01-24-2013   #2 (permalink)
PW_Pony is offline MACH I Member


Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,824 Threads: 13
 PW_Pony's Country Flag
Mount Vernon   Texas
PW_Pony is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikona View Post
I received the car last night. It was not until this afternoon that I was off of work that I was able to really get into it. I drive a very curvy canyon road home each day.

I have not driven a stick in 10 years, so I am still getting used to it again. It is like riding a bike, but I am not super confident yet.

Anyway, I am blown away simply from the acceleration of this vehicle. At high RPMs, it feels like you are being shot out of a cannon. And, it handles so incredibly well. So tight in the turns. I feel like I am on a very smooth rollercoaster.

From a complete stop, I was spinning the tires in first, second and third gears! So much more impressive than my 2012 5.0 convertible.

Honestly, someday I am sure I will add a supercharger (after my warranty is up), but I cannot even imagine what I would do with another 200 or 300 hp to the ground.

Honestly, for cars like this, they should force drivers to take a special class on how to drive it. For someone not used to the power or proficient driving a stick, I can see where people could get hurt. It really is like giving a gun to a baby.

I haven't even used the track key that came with the car yet. I am trying to get a feel for it stock so that I can really feel and understand the difference.

Oh, the Recaro seats are AMAZING.

This car is truly a beast and just so fast and nimble. So much faster than my buddy's 2012 5.0 NA car with mods.

I cannot wait to drive it some more. :laughlitt
Congrats on the Boss! I will say from my understanding, if you are planning on buying a tuner, the track key isn't worth it.

Remember to shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
__________________
| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
PW_Pony is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013   #3 (permalink)
Ghipera is offline Made Member


Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 459 Threads: 3
 Ghipera's Country Flag
Chicago   Illinois
Ghipera is on a distinguished road
Default

Dont these motors have a break-in period?
Ghipera is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013   #4 (permalink)
mikona is offline Apprentice


Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 123 Threads: 40
 mikona's Country Flag
Lancaster   California
mikona is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghipera View Post
Dont these motors have a break-in period?
I am sure the do. But, I bought mine certified preowned. It had 1300 miles on it. So, it was pretty broken in.
mikona is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013   #5 (permalink)
mikona is offline Apprentice


Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 123 Threads: 40
 mikona's Country Flag
Lancaster   California
mikona is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW_Pony View Post
Congrats on the Boss! I will say from my understanding, if you are planning on buying a tuner, the track key isn't worth it.

Remember to shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
I do not think I will be buying a tuner. The track key came with the car.

I would LOVE to mod it immediately, but I do not want to mess up the warranty. Wish there were mods I could do to increase the hp and torque without voiding my warranty.

But, as I said, the car is just so fast now, I can't even imagine more HP.
mikona is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013   #6 (permalink)
notaV8
Guest


Posts: n/a Threads:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikona View Post
I do not think I will be buying a tuner. The track key came with the car.

I would LOVE to mod it immediately, but I do not want to mess up the warranty. Wish there were mods I could do to increase the hp and torque without voiding my warranty.

But, as I said, the car is just so fast now, I can't even imagine more HP.
Tunes don't void the warranty, I'm so sick of hearing this crap. IF the tune was the CAUSE of what went wrong, THEN it voids the warranty. If your suspension goes bad, of course the tune didn't cause it so no your warranty won't be void.

I talked to my dealer about it because I didn't believe it myself and they just told me"Just in case tune it back to stock for any warranty work done, that's what we all do".
 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013   #7 (permalink)
PW_Pony is offline MACH I Member


Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,824 Threads: 13
 PW_Pony's Country Flag
Mount Vernon   Texas
PW_Pony is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by notaV8 View Post
Tunes don't void the warranty, I'm so sick of hearing this crap. IF the tune was the CAUSE of what went wrong, THEN it voids the warranty. If your suspension goes bad, of course the tune didn't cause it so no your warranty won't be void.

I talked to my dealer about it because I didn't believe it myself and they just told me"Just in case tune it back to stock for any warranty work done, that's what we all do".
Ford techs can pretty much write down whatever they want. Just because they are supposed to prove it doesn't mean they can't pencil-whip it.

Remember to shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
__________________
| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
PW_Pony is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013   #8 (permalink)
PW_Pony is offline MACH I Member


Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,824 Threads: 13
 PW_Pony's Country Flag
Mount Vernon   Texas
PW_Pony is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW_Pony View Post
Ford techs can pretty much write down whatever they want. Just because they are supposed to prove it doesn't mean they can't pencil-whip it. I talked to Ford techs that do the paperwork.

Remember to shop smart. Shop S-Mart.


Remember to shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
__________________
| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
PW_Pony is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013   #9 (permalink)
PW_Pony is offline MACH I Member


Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,824 Threads: 13
 PW_Pony's Country Flag
Mount Vernon   Texas
PW_Pony is on a distinguished road
Default

What the...damn autoguide app...

Remember to shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
__________________
| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
PW_Pony is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013   #10 (permalink)
FordService is offline OFFICIAL FORD REP.


Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,200 Threads: 7
 FordService's Country Flag  View FordService's HomePage
Dearborn   Michigan
FordService is a glorious beacon of lightFordService is a glorious beacon of lightFordService is a glorious beacon of lightFordService is a glorious beacon of lightFordService is a glorious beacon of lightFordService is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikona View Post
I received the car last night. It was not until this afternoon that I was off of work that I was able to really get into it...
Congrats on the Boss, mikona! Enjoy!

Deysha
__________________
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013   #11 (permalink)
08blackout is offline Made Member

5.0L Member


Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 320 Threads: 13
 08blackout's Country Flag  View 08blackout's 5 photos
Pittsburgh   Pennsylvania
08blackout is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW_Pony View Post
What the...damn autoguide app...

Remember to shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Lmao think he gets it App messing up?
__________________
2013 Mustang GT - MT82 - Gotta Have It Green
Flowmaster Hushpower mufflers | Barton short throw | Roush chin spoiler
08blackout is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013   #12 (permalink)
PW_Pony is offline MACH I Member


Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,824 Threads: 13
 PW_Pony's Country Flag
Mount Vernon   Texas
PW_Pony is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08blackout View Post
Lmao think he gets it App messing up?
Yeah, in the autoguide app I tapped modify but it quoted myself instead. Not really sure how I like this app, but I refuse to pay for tapatalk.

Remember to shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
__________________
| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
PW_Pony is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013   #13 (permalink)
08blackout is offline Made Member

5.0L Member


Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 320 Threads: 13
 08blackout's Country Flag  View 08blackout's 5 photos
Pittsburgh   Pennsylvania
08blackout is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW_Pony View Post
Yeah, in the autoguide app I tapped modify but it quoted myself instead. Not really sure how I like this app, but I refuse to pay for tapatalk.

Remember to shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
What phone do you have?
__________________
2013 Mustang GT - MT82 - Gotta Have It Green
Flowmaster Hushpower mufflers | Barton short throw | Roush chin spoiler
08blackout is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013   #14 (permalink)
PW_Pony is offline MACH I Member


Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,824 Threads: 13
 PW_Pony's Country Flag
Mount Vernon   Texas
PW_Pony is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08blackout View Post
What phone do you have?
Samsung Fascinate. First gen Galaxy S on Verizon. First time I've had a problem with the app though.

Remember to shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
__________________
| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
PW_Pony is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013   #15 (permalink)
jaywoo is offline Apprentice


Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 73 Threads: 2
 jaywoo's Country Flag
Sherwood   Arkansas
jaywoo is on a distinguished road
Default

When you say it has the track key, did they tell you it has already been programmed for it? All Boss's come with the track key, but they have to be activated.
__________________
2013 Race Red Boss 302 #1972
2011 Race Red GT/CS *Sold*
FRPP Springs, MGW Shifter, Lethal O/R H-Pipe, AED Tune, 2013 GT500 mufflers and some cosmetic stuff. So far.
jaywoo is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply   Post New Thread



Thread Tools



Mustang Photos
Mustang Links    Top Sites    RSS    Link To Us    Add to Favorites    Archive    Terms of Use    Site Rules    Privacy    Contact    Sponsors    Advertise   
AllFordMustangs is not affiliated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company. ©Copyright 2002-2011 All Auto Enthusiasts Network

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164