Ford Mustang Forum banner

2011 GT/CS front license plate mounting

6K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  applebit 
#1 · (Edited)
Did not like the options I found available so decided to make my own. What do you guys think?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
It's blocking the radiator. I'm not sure if that would make a difference or not though. Otherwise it looks good, better than having a hole drilled in your bumper

#4 ·
Buy the retractable front plate holder from AM. It works really nice on the GT/CS front end...

G
#5 ·
Front plates look pretty bad. Luckily in FL we don't need them. But when I lived in NY where they had front plates, I never ran one for 15 years and never had an issue...it's not a moving violation anyway.

#6 ·
Looks like it's blocking the air flow quite a bit, also I can't imagine what that angle does for deflection into the valance. Also, I think it looks kind of weird. Just my.02

#8 ·
Yup, have the Craigs Custom bracket and like it a lot. Can install or remove the plate and bracket in about 30 seconds. Looks very minimal when in place.

#11 ·
I also own Craig's Custom Braket. I no longer use it since the black rubber stopper on it stained my white bumper :(

#12 ·
I got 'em on both my Shelby's and I've had no problems. I usually just throw the front plates in the trunk and if I get pulled over I'll put it on in 30 seconds.

Attachments

#13 ·
That doesn't help after you get stopped.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.