Ford Mustang Forum banner

Wheels that best match ingot silver

23K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  fourdegrees11 
#1 ·
Looking at the boss 338 gunmetal, shelby cs70, or the black supersnakes from cruzin concepts......though they are an arm and a leg. I can't tell if the grey would be too much.......i've never been crazy about black wheels, but that's all i can find in the supersnake..........thoughts?

#2 ·
GT 500's in gun metal grey on my Ingot Silver GT
will give you a idea how gun metal will look

Attachments

#4 ·
don,

any reason you haven't gone with springs......you like the stock ride height?

Your Car is clean
Thanks, but it has to go into the body shop in a few weeks, some stupid lady backed out of a gas pump into my car the other day, nice dent on my fender right no

Yes I like the stock ride height, and the stock spring rates. It seams most of the aftermarket springs are stiffer than stock. Plus even at stock ride height, I have scraped my lover CS valance pulling into parking lots. I have lowerd other cars, and they never handle right, even with correction parts. With the Koni yellows it handles awesome, though I am starting to get the rear end clunk from the stock sway bar end links, so thinking of doing some aftermarket sway bars, I bet that will make it handle even better

What size wheels you looking at? if 20's there are some bright silver wheels that might look awesome
I was at the dealer the other day and the 20 inch silver GT 500 wheels looked awesome

Reactions: Nomad8888
#5 ·
oh check this out
a Roush with 2013 20 inch GT 500 wheels

Attachments

#9 ·
Figured this a a good place to show some pics of my new wheels. Got a deal on these wheels, which was to good to pass up, so I sold the GT500 wheels, and giving these a try.

Boss 302 wheels 265/40/19 front 275/40/19 rear Michelin pilot SS
Was getting late so rhese are the best pics I can do today

Attachments

#12 ·
My '14 GT is Ingot Silver and I replaced the factory base 18x8's with a set of 19x9 Boss 302 wheels. Gloss black with machined aluminum accents. I bought them from my local Ford dealer who also has a major wholesale operation. They matched my best internet price and unlike the internet, shipping was free. I did have to pay Il. sales tax, but it was still less than the shipping charge would have been. They also came with the tpms sensors and the programing tool. On the minus side they are a bit heavy. On the plus side the offset is correct and the build quality is quite good ie. they are round, true and neutral balance. The black looks really sharp against the silver body color.

#13 ·
I would go with gloss black or chrome. Lots of options out there. If black, I think they look best with some kind of silver ring around the rim to separate the wheel from the tire.

#15 · (Edited)
Don, did you paint part of your grille assembly? I was always under the impression that 2011s had entirely black grilles.

As for dark wheels on a silver car, OP, have you considered Bullitt wheels like the ones above? I'm weighing the same options as you, but black with a grey car.

#17 ·

Black with a mirror lip (FR500) looks pretty good to me :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.