Ford Mustang Forum banner

New England Fall Cruise 2013 Edition

12K views 100 replies 23 participants last post by  tmv6 
#1 ·
Hey Folks,

Once again GT1120 and I are getting together for a ride in Western Mass. It'll be on Saturday October 26th (rain date Sunday the 27th) I'm thinking it will be the same route as last time (except maybe CCW instead of CW) GT and I will give more details later but if your schedule is like mine advance notice is helpful. Here is a link to the last Spring Cruise so those who haven't been before can read about it and see some photos.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mustang-talk/439825-new-england-spring-cruise.html

Important note learned from another forum....GT and I assume NO responsibility for what happens, in fact we intend to try and make you end up in the ditch. This will give us the opportunity to strip your car of worthwhile parts before leaving you behind.

#88 ·
Pictures!

Great cruise everyone! well got kinda broken up at the end but whatever.
Here are my pics from the day.

Attachments

#90 ·
Thank you for putting this cruise together, it was definitely fun. It was great to meet so many nice individuals. Will definitely be going next year. Thanks everyone.

#91 ·
Also, Thanks from us...wife and I had fun. A few Pics very similar to the others.

Attachments

#92 ·
Had another great time on this cruise, thanks again for taking the time to organize this. My son looks forward to this, and wants to go to future events. It was also nice to have my wife & daughter come along too. She also pointed out that she was surprised that when we started out from the truck stop that I 'jumped in front' of the line when we pulled out, with Strange Mud in the lead. I was clueless that the thing to do was to all just pull out in single file from left to right... So I apologize for not hanging back and waiting my turn. I'll be glad to hang in the back of the pack next spring.

I can see that this is probably a good idea, as long as everyone is ready and plays follow the leader. Later when 'Mud had to stop for gas and we queued up again across from the shell station, that small lot was filling up. The white Mustang in front of my would have been the last car to 'fit', and I pulled around on the left side, and the white Mustang pulled around to the right side of the queue to leave room for the last few cars to gather. Then I pulled around in the back part of the lot behind the queue and turned around and stopped to wait my turn in the queue. So my wife sees me pull up and around everyone again, and thinks I'm pulling another 'me first' move to cut the line. I tell her I have proof on my gopro that I pulled through and stopped to wait, but only did so AFTER being waved in. I pleaded with my wife that if was being a jerkface that I would have just pulled in right behind Mud while we were waiting for everyone (think KenWins from Breaking Bad) but she would have none of it.

It was such a great time, and I don't want to have people hoping that 'pushy guy in the red Boss' doesn't show up next time! Was a great group of people, and nice to see new faces there. I bet we get over 20 for the spring cruise. This will make it challenging to stick together and almost impossible to avoid getting split up going through some traffic lights. We did a good job sticking together, hopefully we can keep up the good work next time. It was a little tricky that last time we had to pull over on that narrow street while waiting for the pack to catch up, almost had a small traffic jam like we did in that last big intersection where we took a left.

Perhaps on the next cruise we can plan on a few planned stops during the route so that folks who are 'stuck in the back' will have a chance to cycle up front? I was towards the back on one leg of the spring cruise, so I'm familiar with the view from the back of the train.

I wasn't thrilled with the HD quality of the youtube video that I have uploaded so far, and my camera had a glitch so I missed the first half of the cruise =(. Here are some pix.

#93 ·
Ace - Tell your wife that we have no idea what she is talking about. No issues here. Glad to have the family join in on the fun.

Rob

#94 ·
Nice pics Ace, im not sure what the wife is talking about either, you guys are a beatiful family, great to see you there, and look forward to seeing you and everybody else in the spring.

#96 ·
Hey thanks, I told her there was no 'set plan' or organization to establish the pecking order of who drives where when. I think she's was peeved that I didn't make sure she was either in front of me or behind so we could 'cruise together'. On that she's got me, I should have been paying better attention. I'm a definite type A personality, and she's B all the way, so together we make a good team (married 23 years!). So when she tells me I make have stepped out of line, I try and listen. No harm, no foul, it's all good. (Cept for me throwing her under the bus, but she doesn't read this forum, mwhahaha).

All that being said, if we have a bigger turn out next spring - and I bet we will - is to add a few planned stops so that those in the back can move up. My wife said she had SO much fun heading down the last stretch as she wasn't behind a dozen other cars. She also mentioned some anxiousness at being 'left behind' when traffic lights and such split us up. *I* knew that 'Mud is always aware of keeping the pack together when we go through the high traffic areas, but she did not. So again, if I can convince her to come along again, I will make sure to stay with her. If anything I'd like to see if I can get the whole family together next time, even if I have to rent a new V6!

Gave her props when we got home for passing those slow pokes on the last leg. She gave me 'the look' and told me that she knows how to drive a Mustang, and I can't argue with that! Will take a while before I have any video, the youtube uploads show it will take like 2 days to upload what I have... sigh.

#97 ·
well, that was fun............

a couple of things: my favorite part didn't involve you folks (sorry) but was the flatbed truck on the first road that was doing 50 mph through the twisties so he didn't really hold us up much, it did take him both lanes but he was pushing it way harder than I'd push a truck. I will suggest folks look at a map at that 1st road 112/116? looking at the map I would say it ran East/West getting to the intersection and seeing the choice of North/South didn't make me happy...ah well. Ace, you and your Love are both paranoid, I think the boy was the only one of you who had it right in looking forward to spring.

Did you all get a chance to roll down your windows for the brick canyon of the mill buildings in North Adams the sound of wailing exhaust in that bit is pure music. I'm thinking that will make a nice waiting point in spring as it is on the far side of town. I'll post a recent photo of my car as the pixs I took look pretty much like the ones already posted.

See ya again in spring.....

Attachments

#98 ·
^Ah, so *that's* the tractor that eats all the old gas. ;)

Ace, no worries here either...was just great fun to hang out with you all.

Yeah, a couple of additional "regrouping" stops (and maybe a "goodbye" stop at the end) sound like a good idea to me, but I'll leave that up to the group.

That flatbed driver gets major points in my book, though.

#99 ·
We normally have that "good bye" stop at the end. A few of us were pressed for time at the end (I was going to be late for a party that I was hosting) so we had to jump on 91 instead of stopping. We usually stop near the McDonalds in Greenfield to say good-bye. Sorry if I caused the group to miss out on that.

Rob

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#100 ·
It was pretty lonely at the McD's, I was in the end position for the last leg, and was the only one that stopped (had to make a pitstop, and that was convenient even if everyone else had booked it).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.