Ford Mustang Forum banner

New Cheaper $90 BMR LCAs

12K views 71 replies 28 participants last post by  BMR Tech 
#1 ·
Hi Group

BMR offer a new cheaper version of their boxed rear LCAs. Only $90. Curious to try them out. They look like the TCA019 BOXED DOM LCAs but seem to be made of steel.
Would be nice if Kelly could comment the difference between those 2 options.

TCA032 - Lower Control Arms, Rear, Non-adjustable, Poly Bushings

2005 - 2014 Mustang GT | Lower Control Arms | TCA032 - Lower Control Arms, Rear, Non-adjustable, Poly Bushings | BMR Suspension - The Leader in High Performance Suspension & Chassis

#2 · (Edited)
Here's the deal. I talk to a lot of S197 owners. A LOT.

The #1 item that most people tell me that they have on their car, that is not made by BMR, is LCAs.

When asked, their response is typically "they all do the same thing, so I got the cheapest I could find"

Ironically, they are calling me for tech advice - because Brand X doesn't have a "tech" to call, and get the low down and dirty on how to make their car "work"...

So, I decided that it was time to make a LCA that would blow everyone out of the water. Give people the option to use, and experience the BMR difference, for $89.95.

The TCA032 is basically on it's way to replacing the TCA019.

The difference is minimal. The TCA032 are built of a slightly narrower tube....to allow us to MIG weld it, instead of TIG. The 032 features the same 95 durometer Poly Bushings, the same Zinc Coated Sleeves, the same Zinc coated grease fittings, the same bushing ends. The 019 is TIG welded, and has a larger tube for the body.

The TCA019 is going to end up receiving our new line of bushings, that we have been working on for about 2 years now. I actually have them in testing right now, as I type. They (bushings) are made in Australia, instead of U.S.A....and feature some amazing technology, that is not present in our current bushings (red)

The TCA032 @ $89.95 is the best deal on the planet, for S197 RLCA - I promise.

Hope that helps.

#15 ·
The TCA019 is going to end up receiving our new line of bushings, that we have been working on for about 2 years now. I actually have them in testing right now, as I type. They (bushings) are made in Australia, instead of U.S.A....and feature some amazing technology, that is not present in our current bushings (red)
When is this coming out? Sounds like the Australian Whiteline bushings which is an interesting read about their technology?

#3 ·
BMR products and service is great. These new rear lca's are an amazing deal. I have the adjustable ones on mine and the quality is top notch!

#4 ·
Thanks Kelly!

you answered all my questions... and more :)
This looks like a winning product.
Definitely my next mod.... coming soon!

#6 ·
Please tell us about your car and come back to share your experience with these LCAs. Those will probably be my next mod..... they are kind of irresistable at that price ;-)

#7 ·
Well I put all my goodies on today. Koni orange, frpp p springs, gt500 mounts, bmr new lca, bmr adjustable panhard, and lca relocation brackets.

The fit and finish is great like all other bmr products. I did however find that I was not able to put the weights back on my axle after the relocation brackets no matter how hard I tried. The hole was just a touch off and I was not about to grind the bracket to fit them back on.
The LCAs did go on good on the drivers side however it did take a while to get the passenger side to line up. In the end I got it on and everything seems to work for the 3 miles I put on it thus far. Going Tuesday for an alignment at Ford so I'll let you know after how they perform.

I did notice though when I got on the car (track pack) the tires spun but I did not notice the axle hoping like it used it. Thus far I am happy with them.

BMR- is the Lucas red grease okay for your bushings?

#8 ·
So, did you install the provided bolts in the damper positions? You need to have bolts there. I know, sometimes it can be difficult....but it can be done. Just takes some maneuvering, and often different order of installing the bolts. Typically, if someone has an issue with those holes at the damper weights...its a front to back issue, and you can move the bracket into position. Not saying it is always easy though!

I do not like the Lucas Grease. It may work okay, but I do not have good results with it, compared to some of the other top tier synthetics like Amsoil, RP, Super Lube, etc.

#9 ·
well I went outside and looked again and the bolts where the damper goes was now to far forward instead of not being far enough forward. So I loosened all the bolts gave the bracket a few small taps and low and behold the holes all lined up. I remember when I took it out last night I heard a clunk! Maybe that was the bracket settling in. Measured from the front bolt to all the holes with a tape measure and they all came close to 18.5. Ended up with 3/16th difference on drivers vs passenger from the side skirt to the tire. I think this should work as it tracks straight down the road.

Thoughts BMR?

#13 ·
Glad you got it all "squared" away! As long as the holes lined up, and the thrust angle does not exceed to the factory tolerance range of -.50 to .50....then you are good to go.

There IS enough adjustment in the system to get those gaps even.....it is just time consuming. I would not worry about it at this time, if there is nothing noticeable happening, negatively.

Enjoy your parts!

So does BMR offer an AFM discount? Would have just PM'd Kelly but still am not able to send PM's on this site for some stupid reason.
+1 bump for answer.
At this time, the best "deal" on the TCA032 LCA would be here.

BMR Suspension TCA032 Lower Control Arms Rear Non Adjustable Poly Bushings | eBay

:)

#10 ·
So is everything OK now, I was thinking of buying one of those.

#11 ·
So does BMR offer an AFM discount? Would have just PM'd Kelly but still am not able to send PM's on this site for some stupid reason.

#12 ·
+1 bump for answer.

#14 ·
bought a set of New LCAs on EBay, picked them up yesterday at Border Mail Depot. For $90 and free shipping, those are a bargain. They are surpringly light and nicely build. Need to install them now.... need to find the time. Then will try them out at monday night lapping.

#16 ·
These are a screaming deal for $90.

#18 ·
I purchased this set about a month ago.. NO ISSUES at all ! Fit and Finish EXCELLENT.
NO bushing noise, ZERK fittings for future lub (used the clear energy suspension grease) <----BMR can you comment on the grease I used? will this be ok?

#19 ·
GREAT to hear that you are happy. I find it very cool that you guys are able to throw a set of BMR LCA on your car, for <$100.

I have been getting VERY good feedback from these. I am very happy about it.

As for the grease, that stuff you have - is perfectly fine.

My primary recommendation is simply to ensure that you use synthetic lube. This will aide in the bushing lasting longer, staying quieter, and less frequent "re-lubes".

Enjoy your BMR!

#21 ·
Subscribing for updated bushing availability.

#22 ·
BMR Releases New Product - S197 Mustang Budget Lower Control Arms: TCA032

This is the official product release for these $89.95 Control Arms:

BMR Releases New Product - S197 Mustang Budget Lower Control Arms: TCA032

BMR Suspension
S197 Mustang Lower Control Arms - $89.95

Launch harder, reduce wheel hop, and add cornering consistency to your 2005-2014 Mustang with Lower Control Arms from BMR Suspension. These budget control arms are manufactured from 1x2-inch steel tubing, which increases strength over the stock arms, while remaining an economical option for improved handling. The BMR Lower Control Arms (PN TCA032) use 2.0-inch greasable, high-durometer, internally fluted, polyurethane bushings, adding a solid, more responsive feel over the factory rubber bushings. These are the perfect upgrade for the enthusiast looking to improve handling, while maintaining near-stock NVH and ride quality. Installation time is 2-3 hours. Available in black hammertone or red powerdercoat.

To preview all of BMR’s high-performance suspension parts, please visit BMR Suspension - The Leader in High Performance Suspension & Chassis, email sales@bmrsuspension.com, or contact us at BMR Suspension, 928 Sligh Avenue, Seffner, FL 33584, 813-986-9302, Fax: 813-986-8055.

#23 ·
How different are these than the ones I got from you guys back in December of '13?

#24 ·
They look very similar to the TCA019, and there are only a few small differences that we made, to get the cost down.

The tubing on this TCA032 is 1"x2"....compared to the TCA019's 1.5"x2"

The TCA032 is slightly lighter. It weighs about 3.5lbs each, compared to 4lbs each for the TCA019. (OEM is 6lbs each)

The TCA032 is MIG welded, instead of TIG welded.

Moral of the story, the TCA032 cost us less to build, so we are passing the cost savings on to the customer. We could have just changed the TCA019 to this, and REALLY pocketed some coin - because the TCA019 are our most commonly sold LCA here at BMR, out of all the LCA for 15+ cars.

The TCA019 is going to eventually get our new bushings that we have been working on for over 2+years. This LCA was basically made to take the place of the TCA019.

Hope that helps!

#25 ·
Gotcha! Thanks for the help. I've been putting off the whole install until soon due to being out of the country and busy as heck. Have a new car lift coming in next week hopefully, so HOPEFULLY by the end of July, I'll have all your parts on. Haha talk about procrastination.whistling.gif

#28 ·
installing my BMR LCAs tonight. Those are very nice for only $90.

#29 ·
Been driving on my new LCAs since thursday night and i wonder why i did not install them as my first suspension mod. The car feels more solid than with the stock V6 LCAs and it is also more confortable now and more in control. So those LCAs are a good match for my Koni Yellows, Route66 55D springs and BMR Adj Panhard bar.

Now, onto the track.... that should be fun :)

#32 ·
I'm so glad I read this post. I have been on the fence about these new LCA's. My dad used to always tell me "you get what you pay for"
But in this case I think the price for what you get is great.
Thanks BMR for doing something many businesses dont do.
Passing on cost savings to the customer.
I will be ordering a set tomorrow.
Question: Do I need the Lowering brackets (NOW) when I install the LCA's or can I wait a couple weeks and install then?
I will be lowering my GT (I Have the springs, Shocks, Struts and Panhard bar ready to go. 1.5" all around.
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.