Who do you let drive your Mustang? - Ford Mustang Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014 Thread Starter
GT Member
Who do you let drive your Mustang?

marylandGT had a good idea in another thread, who do you let drive your Mustang?

Me, no one other than the service tech where I have work done to my car if I don't want to or can't do something. (like the front end alignment)

2013 GT 6 spd, GT500 mufflers, BOSS quad exhaust, Roush CAI, Barton shifter & 2 post bracket
CS GT-40 Wheels, Hotchkis sway bars, upper and lower control arms, springs (1.1/1.6 drop) and adj panhard bar KONI yellow struts and shocks J&M caster/camber plates,
BMR Upper control arm mount and lower control arm brackets.

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014
5.0L Member
S197 Member
No one but me. I have tried to get my wife to drive it but she wants nothing to do with it and I'm okay with that.

1993 LX 5.0 5 speed with a few extras / 2006 GT 5 speed Eleanor kit - sold
1993 LX 2.3 5 speed - sold / 2002 Mustang 6 cylinder - sold
1994 GT 5.0 auto - sold / 1969 Mach1 351 Windsor auto -sold
1968 Fastback 390 4 speed - sold / 1966 Coupe 200 six 3 speed - sold
2000 GT auto - my sons to drive, mine to fix!
Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014
MACH I Member
I've let a couple close friends drive mine while I was in the car. I did let one of my sisters take it by herself for about 30 minutes though.
post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014
GT Member
Just about anyone. I have full coverage insurance and some warranty left. Besides why should I be the only one to get enjoyment from driving it?

Mods list in profile...
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014
GT Member
My mother complained about her 95 Trans Am she bought being so much faster until I let her drive it. Now, she wants it..

2007 Mustang GT 5-speed 3.31 gears, Hidden Hitch Receiver, Barton Short Throw, JLT Series 3 CAI, Steeda UDPs, Borla Touring Axle Back, and Brenspeed SCT X4.

2006 Mustang GT Automatic JLT Series 3 CAI, Borla Stingers, and a SCT X3 Brenspeed 93 Octane tune
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014
PONY Member
Noboby but me!

2014 Shelby GT500:Delivered 4/3/13, Black/Black stripes/Black interior, SVT Track Package, SVT Performance Package, JLT Oil Seperator, FRPP Resonator Delete, Syntha Max blue air filter, Revan Racing shifter bushing, Michelin PSS tires, Lloyd GT500 mats, and yes the stock Shelby seats.
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014
GT Member
Outside of Ford techs for warranty work or other trusted techs anticipated future performance mods, no one but me has driven it or ever will.

2012 GT Premium, Sterling Gray, 6MT, 3:73, Brembo Pkg, RR Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg, Borla S.
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014
PONY Member
Nobody, but only for insurance reasons. A friend crashed my new 01 Celica GT when I got it and my insurance went up and I had to dump the car at a loss as it just never looked the same. The Mustang isn't built to the same tolerances so it will be fixable in a crash IMO.
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014
PONY Member
5.0L Member
There are only three people in the world that I let drive my Mustang.
Me, Myself, and, I.
I let my wife drive it whenever she wants. She's driven all my cars, except the ones with manual trans. And she's a damn good driver and mechanics helper. Her opinion is that "If God wanted her to drive a stick, he wouldn't have invented the automatic transmission". She's funny that way.

2005 V6 Convertible
GT Member
Let my old man drive it a few times. First thing he does is mash the throttle and do a rolling burnout in 1st gear.... "oh wow its powerful"... LOL yeah....

Also the last time i let him drive my previous mustang he got a reckless driving charge in new york state which was then bartered to a 600$ ticket for tint.

2014 GT 5.0 | Premium | 401A | Roush A/B
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
The only ones that have driven my car, me, the salesman,and I let my boss drive it once because he was going to get one but ended up buying a new F 150 eco boost.I think he regretted that decision.my wife cant drive stick lucky me!!
5.0L Member
Absolutely no one but me, with the exception of the shop that does my work.
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member
No one besides the shop that does my outside work, alignments and tires. Oh and me.

I work away from home weeks at a time so when im not working, my mom loves to take the GT out all by herself. I dont mind at all. She deserves it. The only rule i have is: dont park next to anyone else.....ever. My older brother and younger sister on the other hand cant drive ithe car without me in it. My brother has a history of magically breaking things while my sister somehow flipped three times into a field in my 2010 GT Oh, and my girlfriend has only driven the car once. She immediately noticed how it brings out the worst in other drivers and vowed never to drive it again. Mostly thanks to some drunk looking middle aged fat guy in a rundown nissan z
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page