Ford Mustang Forum banner

Ford Service Department not interested in fixing problem on my 13 GT.

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  CDN5.0 
#1 ·
I have a 13 Track Pack GT that is still under warranty. As of about a week ago, the clutch suddenly became harder to push. It feels like a towel is under the pedal. Also, the puddle lights are again bad (3rd pair so far), so I figured kill 2 birds with one stone.

I bring the car in (Port Richey Ford in Fl) and the service girl pulls the car forward in line and says to me that she had a 12 GT and has a 15 GT and that there is definitely something wrong with the clutch. I said that I suspected the slave cylinder as the fluid was also very low last week. She had the mechanics spend about 30 minutes looking at the car and said... the car is fine and there are no leaks. She then tells me to bring the car back and leave it, so that they can pull the trans to check the clutch and pressure plate and the puddle lights had not come in yet.

So today I rearrange my schedule and get a ride to pick me up and bring the car back as instructed. I proceed to explain to the other service guy (the girl was off today) what was going on (in addition to check to see why the car wandering all over the road) and he acted like I had 2 heads. The entire time, he acts like I am asking for charity or something and proceeds to go ask the mechanic what they determined. He comes back and tells me that the car is fine and they are not going to do anything. The mechanic tries to tell me that it is normal for a clutch to get harder with age. So I inform him that I am not stupid and know that is completely false. So the service guys tells me that all they can do is pull the clutch and I would be responsible for paying for that. I then determined he had no intention of trouble shooting the problem, so I asked for their names and left. Never did he mention the wandering issue that I just told him about, nor the defective puddle lights that were supposed to be replaced.
If this is how they treat people with warranty issues, they are going to lose a lot of loyal Ford customers. I know for sure I would never buy a car from this dealership, let alone bring any of my cars to them for warranty work. Several of the salespeople and tech workers I have encountered there are very unprofessional and today my 7 year old got to hear the tech guys chatting and dropping the f bomb.... 10 feet away from where we were waiting.
I plan to let Ford know about this experience.

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds like you need to contact Deysha. She is the Ford Customer Service rep on this forum. Send her a PM at FordService. She has helped many people here with these types of problems.

#3 ·
I had some similar issues in the past and wound up leaving these small dealerships in the area and going to Tampa and had my issues resolved. Before that you should definitely reach out to Deysha she is our Ford Service connection in Dearborn and she will do all she can to help you out.

#4 ·
Will do. Thanks guys. My blood pressure is starting to come back down to normal. You'd think that when you buy a car and have a "bumper to bumper" warranty, you would be treated very differently. I even paid extra for the extended Ford warranty for peace of mind. I love Brandon and Elder Ford, but there are over an hour from me. :frown:

#5 ·
Sorry to hear about your bad experience...dealership employees can be really really terrible sometimes...hope it gets worked out for you.

G
#7 ·
Hello shelbygt1969,

Thank you for the PM! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Sounds like you need to contact Deysha. She is the Ford Customer Service rep on this forum. Send her a PM at FordService. She has helped many people here with these types of problems.
I had some similar issues in the past and wound up leaving these small dealerships in the area and going to Tampa and had my issues resolved. Before that you should definitely reach out to Deysha she is our Ford Service connection in Dearborn and she will do all she can to help you out.
Thanks for the mention and support, guys!

Deysha

#8 ·
I have an auto but do have the puddle lights. I was told by the dealer near me that Ford now makes them take pictures of the puddle lights and they have to send them off before they will do anything with them. They won't replace under warranty unless they get approval first.

#9 ·
Stealerships

If it helps at all we experience the exact same lack of concern up here as you do down there - I took my '12 in because the right front wheel bearing was howling - the service mgr got all big and bad to impress the little cuties that handle the phones and the booking in - told me it was the front tires and for $1700 that would fix the howling wheel bearing - I politely said no thank you - put it outside and I'll look after it - lol turns out there was a $90 "diagnostic" charge to pay before I got my keys back - laughable because clearly they had not even put it up in the air and spun the wheel - let alone taken the wheel off and attempted to diagnose anything - so I stopped at another dealer - purchased a front hub assembly - took my car home, put it on the hoist and changed the hub - and lo and behold no more howling.
Needless to say I will never be returning to Kanata Ford. .....don't even get me started on the paint bubbling on the hood...

Scott

#13 ·
If it helps at all we experience the exact same lack of concern up here as you do down there - I took my '12 in because the right front wheel bearing was howling - the service mgr got all big and bad to impress the little cuties that handle the phones and the booking in - told me it was the front tires and for $1700 that would fix the howling wheel bearing - I politely said no thank you - put it outside and I'll look after it - lol turns out there was a $90 "diagnostic" charge to pay before I got my keys back - laughable because clearly they had not even put it up in the air and spun the wheel - let alone taken the wheel off and attempted to diagnose anything - so I stopped at another dealer - purchased a front hub assembly - took my car home, put it on the hoist and changed the hub - and lo and behold no more howling.
Needless to say I will never be returning to Kanata Ford. .....don't even get me started on the paint bubbling on the hood...

Scott

I understand where you're coming from, Scott. I'll document your feedback in our system. Please send me a private message with your full name and VIN or phone number.

Mariel

#11 ·
Lights on the bottom of the outside mirrors that project a running pony on the ground at night when you open the doors.

#12 ·
Update

Thanks Deysha,
I brought my car to Flammer Ford today. I found out that the extended warranty I bought was not "bumper to bumper" after the standard 36k miles, like I was told when I bought the car.
So "certain parts" of the clutch are not covered under the extended warranty and nobody at Ford could tell me what is and what isn't covered. I am 99% sure it is a hydraulic issue, since 2 weeks ago half of the fluid was gone out of the reservoir. Still, I have no idea if it will be covered, because they won't know if the parts are covered until they remove the transmission to check for a leaking or defective slave cylinder and THEN can determine if it will be covered. If I tell them to go ahead and do that and it turns out to not be a covered part, I am out at least $600 for the labor alone to check it out. I did actually leave the car, but have no idea what they will find or what it will cost me.
So much for buying the extended warranty for peace of mind. facepalm2.gif
The puddle lights obviously have a flaw and today I am told that they are not covered under my "extended warranty".
I am on the 2rd pair and now these are also bad. It looks like the image melts or gets wet. I see that the 15s also have them, I wonder if they fixed them? It's a shame, because people comment on them everywhere I park at night. I'd be crazy to spend good money on a new set only to have them go bad in a few months again.

I'll post an update with what happens next. $100 deductible so far and counting.......

G
#14 ·
Thanks Deysha,
I brought my car to Flammer Ford today. I found out that the extended warranty I bought was not "bumper to bumper" after the standard 36k miles, like I was told when I bought the car.
So "certain parts" of the clutch are not covered under the extended warranty and nobody at Ford could tell me what is and what isn't covered. I am 99% sure it is a hydraulic issue, since 2 weeks ago half of the fluid was gone out of the reservoir. Still, I have no idea if it will be covered, because they won't know if the parts are covered until they remove the transmission to check for a leaking or defective slave cylinder and THEN can determine if it will be covered. If I tell them to go ahead and do that and it turns out to not be a covered part, I am out at least $600 for the labor alone to check it out. I did actually leave the car, but have no idea what they will find or what it will cost me.
So much for buying the extended warranty for peace of mind. facepalm2.gif
The puddle lights obviously have a flaw and today I am told that they are not covered under my "extended warranty".
I am on the 2rd pair and now these are also bad. It looks like the image melts or gets wet. I see that the 15s also have them, I wonder if they fixed them? It's a shame, because people comment on them everywhere I park at night. I'd be crazy to spend good money on a new set only to have them go bad in a few months again.

I'll post an update with what happens next. $100 deductible so far and counting.......
You have the Premiumcare ESP, shelbygt1969. Yyou can check your coverage here. I hope this helps.

Deysha

#16 ·
Sorry for the thread hijack but.....

HWebb if you go to a cruise night or similar this summer and walk by pretty much any S197 Mustangs you will see bubbling - from 05 and up - they all do it - clearly a build issue but yeah Ford capped it quickly to avoid fixing it. I discovered mine was doing it at 60,463 KMS - the body shop manager wouldn't even step outside the building - just waved me off and walked away like I was asking for spare change.....

Mariel, thanks for the offer but I won't be dealing with Ford dealers anymore if anything I need is aftermarket available and I won't be buying any new vehicles from a Ford Dealer - I realize there are good people in any company but your compatriots at Donnelly Ford and especially Kanata Ford are the dark side of your dealership network and undermine you all.

On the upside companies like American Muscle have had awesome service and I just recently installed the EIBACH pro system. My Mustang looks awesome, handles great and still rides comfortably - and spring is here!!

Thanks

Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.