Ford Mustang Forum banner

Trunk latch failing

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  JBert 
#1 ·
Hey all — the trunk latch is failing on my 2012. Makes the standard horrible buzzing sound, won't close sometimes, shows Trunk Ajar status at times...

Took it to the dealer (cough Garnet Ford, Chadds Ford, PA, cough) last year before the warranty was up (just as I did with the rear stabilizer end links) and was told "nothing is wrong."

Anyhow, now I'm out of warranty (shocking) and after paying to fix the stabilizer links, I'm trying to figure out whether the latch system is something I can take on and whether the parts are something I can order. I know there was a TSB on the parts and a redesign....

#2 ·
Don't suppose you got some kind of receipt or record of taking it to them while it was still under warranty?

I had that problem on my 2010, and I did get it fixed under warranty. And yeah I'm pretty sure there is a TSB. Can't tell you how hard it is to do, because the dealer did it.

#5 ·
This is worth a try, and it is what the dealer told me to do, before they actually looked up the TSB and fixed it. For me, it did not help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.