Ford Mustang Forum banner

GT/CS lower valance fog light bulbs

7K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  dseg 
#1 ·
Anyone have a v6 or GT/CS with the lower valance fog lights (instead of the grill lights)?
They do not match my white headlights (probably 4500k), the lower fog lights are a ugly yellowish color.
Not looking for powerful fog lights but does anyone know where I could get a direct replacement bulb to change the color?

#2 ·
I was researching this not long ago, thinking of switching grilles and getting the lower valance lights and wanted matching bulbs. What I found was that the lower bulbs in the ford fog light set up was stated to be H11 bulbs. H11 bulbs are available at pretty much any auto parts store. I would pull one of the bulbs to verify the bulb style just to confirm though.

#3 ·
You're not going to find an exact match other than some kind of HID or LED replacement. The Slyvania zXe H11 from what I've read is the closest match, they have mixed reviews.

#4 ·
There is a website called diode dynamics. They have the bulbs you are looking for. A little pricey but they will match $140 for a pair.

#5 ·
dseg:

I have a set of new open boxed Hoen H11 55w Xenonmatch that are the one of the best on the market. They are a direct replacement for the factory GT/CS yellowish fogs. These bulbs come very close to the Mustang HID option "white" headlights. I've had these sitting around for awhile (picked them up on a whim) and have decided not to mess with the factory bulbs. If you want them ($28.00 w/free shipping continental US only) PM me.

JediDave

Jedi

Attachments

#12 ·
dseg:

The rating is 4000k, however, the K rating alone doesn't tell the whole story. I've seen these in action and they come pretty close to matching the "white" of the HIDS.

JediDave

#14 ·
So I was looking at getting HID bulbs to actually match the color of my HID headlights.
The problem is the fog lights in the lower valance are reflector housings versus the projector housings needed for HID bulbs.
It looks like this is extremely frowned apon as could blind drivers. I am thinking that is only for headlights as these housings are pretty small.
I would also only be getting a 35w, like these.
Was going to try 6000k to match the factory HIDs.

Anyone have experience with this?

#15 ·
So I was looking at getting HID bulbs to actually match the color of my HID headlights. All the halogen bulbs just won't match. These GT/CS fog lights are completely useless, no light output.
The problem is the fog lights in the lower valance are reflector housings versus the projector housings needed for HID bulbs.
It looks like this is extremely frowned upon as it could blind other drivers. I am thinking that is only for headlights as these housings are pretty small.

#16 ·
So I was looking at getting HID bulbs to actually match the color of my HID headlights. All the halogen bulbs just won't match. These GT/CS fog lights are completely useless, no light output.
It looks like this is extremely frowned upon as it could blind other drivers. I am thinking that is only for headlights as these housings are pretty small.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.