Ford Mustang Forum banner

Dirty 5.0 engine badge

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  GLOCKer 
#1 ·
Sadly the 5.0 engine badge on my 2014 is already looking dirty and the chrome (I guess it's chrome...?) is starting to pit. Anyone polish or clean their's with a specific product?

#2 ·
Uhhh....water? It's just a plastic piece, and it's in the engine bay. That's just a dirty place to begin with

#3 ·
Actually, it is metal, and I replaced mine entirely! I changed out my fender badges to flat back and colored my decimal point to match the color theme of my car. It irked me that my engine "5.0" badge didn't match the fender badges, so I did something about it!

Before:

After:

I carefully used a butter knife to pry it off; the badge is metal and will bend and not be reusable because of this. There is 3M style thick double-sided tape under it that I just left and stuck the new badge down on it. You can find the replacement badges for cheap on Amazon. Here is the link: .

I think it's definitely worth swapping the corroded badge out! And then after that, clean your motor with something like S100 motorcycle cleaner (lightly mist the motor with water, spray this on, rub it around with a sponge, and lightly mist it off). S100 Motorcycle Cleaner: http://www.amazon.com/S100-12001B-Total-Cleaner-Bottle/dp/B000WJX6IM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434483479&sr=8-1&keywords=s100+motorcycle+cleaner And then just maintain under the hood of your car and the new badge should last awhile!

Here is what my engine bay looks like!

And my fender badge:

#6 ·
Awesome! Thanks for the response, car looks fantastic!

#8 ·
Glocker, you my friend, know how to properly do appearance mods, your car looks absolutely fantastic...love the look of your engine bay too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.