Ford Mustang Forum banner

any suggestions to fill front license plate bracket screw holes?

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Blackpenguin69 
#1 ·
Moved to a 1 plate state, anyone use rubber plugs or patch and touch up? Like the look without the bracket, thanks.

#2 ·
I went to AutoZone and looked through their hardware section. They sell plastic caps for all different applications. I'm talking plastic push pins for securing body panels and parts for different makes of cars. I bought some GM bumper push pins and some color matched paint and deleted my front license plate bracket. It cost like $2.60 for the pack of push pins and $12 or so for the can of DupliColor paint. I would recommend sticking the push pins down into a cardboard box, hitting them with primer, then painting them to match your car. You might have to get an Exacto knife or really good razor knife and carefully clean up the holes in the bumper. Or if you Google Bumper Plugs, you can spend a lot of money and buy them pre-made.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

#3 ·
How about a couple of LED bulbs to fill those holes? Silicone might work, then paint with your touch up body paint. If you're good, you could make it all look flush and be hard to tell there ever were holes.
Push pins or plugs would also work.

#4 ·
#6 ·
I walked into Lowe's and found some screws/nails that look like bullets... Perfect girth, flat ended, smooth sides that slides right in. I really don't know what they are used for or what they're called... I just covered them with touch up paint and popped them in. They look just like the bumper plugs but they aren't nearly as big

#7 ·
Thanks guys found some of the auto push pins in lowes and painted, look ok wish they were more flush...maybe the nylon screw with a flat head is better.

#8 ·
mount a backup camera there, and the screen somewhere in the back seat and freak people out when you put it in the "wrong gear".. haha act like your backing up but youre really in first and you are flooring it around cars.. passenger excretes fear onto the seat.. im making this up as i go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.