Ford Mustang Forum banner

Thinking about getting a used 2014

2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  MustangLife 
#1 ·
Still flip-flopping on the 2015's...thinking of getting a left over or used 2014...what's the max mileage on a used one you would purchase? Price too?

#2 ·
If your looking at a year old there really shouldn't be that many miles unless they were all highway miles anyhow which wouldn't be that bad. I have a 13 and if I didn't have so much into it is consider a fifteen even though I'm not a huge fan of the look either. It's growing on me. Better suspension. Better engine internals for future mods. Depends on what you want out of it overall.

#4 ·
I bought my used 2013 GT in the summer of 2015. 7,000 miles on it. $8k below sticker ($28k is what I paid). It was the Brembo brake package with 3.73 gears. I'd probably put my limit at 30,000 miles on a 2013 and maybe 15-20,000 on a 14. These numbers are completely personal and not based off of a whole lot. So take it with a grain of salt. Price I can't say much about as it varies wildly with trim choice and packages, mileage, location, time of year, etc.

#5 ·
See if you can find a left-over new 2014 on a dealership lot somewhere. Often times they will be desperate to sell it (after a year on the lot they've lost more money on the car than they will ever be able to recover) and you can get a better deal than on a used one.

That's how I snagged my 2012 GT/CS. I paid $28,000 for a car with a $47,000 sticker price. Used ones were going for around $31,000 at the time.

Reactions: Edmund K
#6 ·
That is a almost to good to be true deal. haha You must have known them and been at the right place at the perfect time to get that deal.

#7 ·
Hey p411mstang! Welcome to the forum and hi neighbor. I'm in Cheshire, just on the other side of the mountain. The others have given you the stuff to look out for but you can't go wrong with either a low mileage 13 or 14...or even a 12 (I have 26k on mine). The 5.0 is a beast, no matter which year. It has taken me a while but I have finally come to like the 15 styling, especially after seeing a couple of them in person. Not enough to trade my car for but maybe....just maybe some day. So anyway....when you finally decide which one and buy it, be sure to check out this forum and join us for our Spring, Summer and Fall Mustang cruises!

Rob

#16 ·
I specifically waited for the 2015's to come out before i started looking for a 13/14 gt because i knew the prices would drop. Then i got lucky and found a local toyota dealer that had something like 16 mustangs on lot, one of which was pretty much exactly what i was looking for. It had been sitting there for 6 months already (they said only a few weeks, but i had traced back to their original listing and there were 2 months between my first test drive and me going back to get the car.) I also knew that my very low mileage WRX hatchback would be worth a good bit because subaru stopped making them for the 2015 model (the sales manager knew this as well). I traded the wrx for only $2,000 less than what i payed for it used almost 2 years earlier, plus i owed much less on the subi than i had budgeted for. The 2013 Premium Gt had an original MSRP of $38,225 and i got it for $26,450 with only 6,500 miles on it. With a little patients and luck you can find anything for the right price.

#17 ·
A guy at work just bought a '13 V6 premium vert off Ebay for 15G....49,000 miles....premium interior.

I paid $28G for my '14 5.0 vert before trade..... with 22,000 on the clock....would not have looked at another color BTW...:laugh2:

#20 ·
Just to updated this poll with info I just got. You can purchase used Mustang Gt's in the 05-14 year range, but any leftover new Mustangs in the year range can't be sold/delivered due to the active recall. After reading this article I found a new 2014 GT and was starting to work a deal when the sales manager called and said he regretted to say they had to stop the deal talk until recall was able to be fixed. He said this could take months.

I am hoping as time goes price the price will be even lower. haha

I confirmed this info with our forum ford rep over on this thread.
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...l-2005-2014-mustangs-takata-airbag-issue.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.