Ford Mustang Forum banner

2014 Ford Mustang Damage Cost

4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  MustangLife 
#1 ·
Hello allformustangs, I recently got into a car accident and rear-ended someone. Fortunately, no one got hurt, however some damage was caused... to her car. I would like to know what possible amounts I would be paying out of pocket to fix the person's car.
Her car is a 2014 Ford Mustang
It is the two little circular dents on the bumper

#5 ·
Insurance likely won't pay for a new bumper cover (mine didn't) and instead opt for filler/repaint so they don't have to pay as much money...still could easily cost $600-$800.

A body shop in your area should be able to give a more accurate ballpark figure if you show them the picture.

#6 ·
tmv6:

2014 Mustangs are still considered "new" vehicles and will have the bumper cover replaced with a new, OEM piece. Insurance companies will still replace bumper covers 3-6 years out, but will typically use used/remanufactured pieces, unless the customer comes up with the difference for a new OEM bumper. I have a 2014 GT/CS with 19,000 (Jan 2013 production date), and if someone rear ended me, State Farm would replace the whole bumper with a new, OEM piece. I hate paying out so I keep my deductibles at $100.00 collision, and $0.00 comprehensive. No matter what the year of the vehicle, if the damaged bumper is cracked or has a hole puncture completely through, the entire cover is always replaced for liability reasons.

JediDave

#7 ·
The bumper of the vehicle was neither cracked or punctured completely through. The damage was a circle-like dent with a diameter of about a 4th of an inch. Only cosmetic damage was done to the vehicle. The lady says she will visit the ford dealership with the estimate on the repair. I do plan on paying out of pocket for her repairs. But will it be necessary for the whole bumper to be replaced and is she allowed to make me pay for the replacement instead of doing work on the actual bumper?

#10 ·
Basically she hands you the bill. You hand her a check. If you don't then she will notify your insurance company and get it from them. Like a previous poster said. Stay on her good side.

#13 ·
.Wow, everyone is being nice to the new kid.....as far as not going through insurance Rob had it correct it very well may be a good idea to see if you can do this as a side thing ie No insurance I had someone hit me and pay for it on the side. I did learn to make a police report after another incident back in the day when I was a kid (yeah yeah) when I was backed into then they claimed I hit them. Be nice and pay what they ask and learn from it.

I find it easier to meet people at the supermarket but if this method works for you......:surprise:

#14 ·
Ok I am going to comment on something I am surprised nobody has yet.

If you do pay out of pocket rather than through insurance be sure to get the person to sign an agreement after you pay that they have been paid in full by you and that they agree to not pursue the accident any further including, but not limited to vehicle damage or injury. If you don't do this you could end up paying for the repair bill presented to you and then they could still just file the claim with your insurance company as well. They have 3 years from accident date to file with your insurance. (Even if they sign an agreement you could still be liable under some state laws. I would consult with a local attorney. Most will give a free first consultation and that might be worth while.)

The damage looks very minor and could easily be repaired. I am willing to bet the person will get a quote(s), get you to pay them, and then pocket the money and/or buy a touch up paint pen. (Which by the way is ok to do and they can do that with money paid by insurance as well as they have a right to compensation of damage of their self and/or property.) My guess would be a good body shop can make it look new for a estimate I would guess of around $100-500 depending on shop. As stated though I would get them to get more than one estimate. Not just a Ford dealer as the dealer like said above will more than likely just say it needs to be replaced. I would suggest to them if you could be present at one of the estimates if the first two estimates come back crazy.

Just me .02 cents unless you want this to be legal advice and in that case you can pay me some $$. haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.