Ford Mustang Forum banner

Unable to decide on wheels/tires

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  foozer 
#1 ·
I have these 19" option wheels on my car currently.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Rim

It's time for a tire change for my car and I have been contemplating to upsize to 20" wheels and a little wider setup. But I am here to just gauge some opinions.

These are the wheels I am considering. Any one here have reviews on Verde custom wheels?

Alloy wheel Rim Spoke Wheel Auto part

Alloy wheel Rim Spoke Wheel Product

Here is a rendering I did in Photoshop.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Rim

Another from instagram.
https://instagram.com/p/6eKVPzkODm/?taken-by=verdecustomwheels

Secondly, I would like to know what tire setup would be ideal for 20s? I don't wanna go staggered. 275 is the max width I will go.

Cheers!

See less See more
#2 ·
DirtyChamba has that wheel. He is an Instagram guy. Check him out, he's got a lot of great shots of his ride. It was also featured at Sema

Love those wheels tho. They would have been my first choice had i know about them. If you arent planning for boost then a 275 will be plenty of tire to hold 420whp. If you plan on the squared stance then make sure the offsets will work for front and rear, as I dont think you can rotate the tires if that is your motivation for not going staggered. The offsets will be completely different if you want a flush rim for the fronts and rears.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dir...odf1kNrA#tbm=isch&q=dirtychamba+mustang+verde

#3 ·
. . . . . The offsets will be completely different if you want a flush rim for the fronts and rears. . . . .
hmmmm, I'm pretty sure that is not correct, offsets should be the same front and rear to set the wheels / tires the same in the wheelwells front and rear, assuming the wheels and tires are the same width

These cars come from the factory with the same offset front and rear; when making the wheels/tires wider, you want to maintain the same centerline . . . so the offset will change from the original to do that (because of the way offset is measured) but I don't see why it would be different front and rear.

I'm pretty sure you see different offsets for staggered setups, not squared setups.

#5 ·
You probably already know this but just in case -- some people with 20's complain about the ride comfort being harsh compared to 19/18 inch. You should prepare yourself for that.

Good luck whatever you decide. You have a beautiful car, that's for sure! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.