• Lava Red

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Competition Orange

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • School Bus Yellow

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Yellow Blaze

Votes: 10 3.0%
  • Other (If you favorite color was forgotten comment below.)

Votes: 1 0.3%

2011-2014 What is the best color in your opinion POLL.

34K views 87 replies 63 participants last post by  V6 Cannonballer 
#1 ·
Just as the title said vote on your favorite color for the 2011-2014 Mustang.

This could be good knowledge for future resale values for people interested in buying a mustang with resale value on their mind.

Special Note: You CAN choose more than one color. It is a "multiple choice poll".

#3 ·
DIB or nothin.

#5 ·
I genuinely like dark colors, but they are hard to keep clean. I once had a black Plymouth and it was a pretty sharp looking car when it was clean, but that only lasted a few minutes. I live in a rural area and dust and an occasional rock nick are just facts of life. I learned from my first Mustang [ an '01 six cyl. 5 speed manual ] that silver has to be one of the most forgiving colors when it comes to dirt and being able to touch up rock nicks. That's the main reason why I got my '14 GT in ingot silver. With tinted windows and blacked out hood vents it looks pretty good too. The Boss 302 wheels in gloss black and machined aluminum also help with the appearance. My girlfriend would have preferred red, but she's not the one who has to keep it clean or pay for it, so silver it is.

#6 ·
Voted for my own color, of course. There are others that I like however. But I have had enough of white, black, silver, and grey. Aren't there enough cars on the road already painted these four colors?. However as for my color, I have to say its impossible to color match. Chips and scratches are something to either live with or learn to look past. I think this is because I read somewhere that red candy actually starts off as gold with a red clear coat over it, making it impossible to touch up with one coat of mixed paint.

#61 ·
Deep impact blue and gotta have it green were my votes.
My wife's 2013 GT premium is deep impact blue and looks terrific. I chose gotta-have-it green for my 2013 Boss 302 because I already have a torch red with black stripes 2008 GT500. Deep impact blue might be the best color, because it looks great with white stripes on a GT500 or with no stripes, like my wife's car. I love my green Boss 302 with the Boss stripes, but would not like an all-green GT coupe (with no stripes to offset the green). Several other colors also only look good to me if they have contrasting stripes (or a contrasting color convertible top), including grabber blue and any shade of yellow.

#11 ·
That is definitely Deep Impact Blue, I also voted that color. You mentioned liking dark colors, Kona Blue was last on a Mustang in 2012 which they switched to Deep Impact after, it was slightly darker but also seemed more dull, at least to me, Deep Impact has more of a metallic effect.

#16 ·
Yeah I think that is what it is looking like. I mean that is fine and all I guess as my purpose for this was to see what the most popular colors are as in theory the most popular colors will be easier to re-sale and maybe bring a little more money.

Probably should be changed to what color, other than your own, would you have picked as a first or secondary selection assuming you did not buy your car not caring what color it was.
Yeah I don't think you can edit polls. If you can somebody let me know how. haha

#14 ·
Probably should be changed to what color, other than your own, would you have picked as a first or secondary selection assuming you did not buy your car not caring what color it was.

#15 ·
My car is Red Candy, the new version of that is Ruby Red . . . those probably should have been combined in the poll since they are basically the same color with different names.

After owning the Red Candy car, it will be hard for me to buy any other color . . . it is just plain gorgeous, gets compliments all the time, and even looks good when it's a bit dirty.

#26 ·
I think ruby red is darker.

Perhaps the best way to ask the question would be what color, other than your own would you buy today?

I like the deep impact blue, but I already have a blue car in the garage (not a mustang) and I like variety. Also I have a thing where I don't like to buy two cars of the same color in a row. I traded a blue-ish/purple car in when getting mine.

Attachments

#17 ·
White or black for me with white being#1. I think white is timeless!

#18 ·
My car is ingot silver but my favorites are sterling gray and performance white. The ingot silver is definitely growing on me, but I've never seen a sterling gray stand that wasn't gorgeous

#19 ·
I have had PRE 2011 colors Silver, Black, Satin Silver, Vista Blue, Laser Red(?), Tropic Green, and Redfire. Then post 2011 I had Race Red.

As you can tell color of the car doesn't really matter to me. The motor and trans is what matters most to me. I have always said as long as the car isn't some odd color like pink, purple, or something bring it on. haha Although for the right price I am sure those colors would be fine as well. haha

I will say I have always said I want a grabber blue since the first time I saw one.

#21 ·
This is kinda crazy. Out of 470 thread views only 49 voters..... haha

#31 ·
Black x2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.