Ford Mustang Forum banner

What have you done with/ to your car today?

13K views 94 replies 60 participants last post by  crjackson 
#1 ·
The last forum I participated in had a thread called "What have to done to your car today?" People talked about just what the title implies. Everything from a good wax job to major mods. It was an ongoing thread and, by the time I joined that forum, it was several years old and covered dozens of pages. I see a lot of threads here that could fall under that general heading. I think the Mustang forum should have something like that.
Anyone else?

#4 ·
Technically, nothing today. Last week, I installed Steeda Charge Motion Delete Plates and a Ford Racing GT500 Throttle Body. I did some 2010 OE Style Black Wheels 3 weeks ago. Now I am just waiting to install an SLP Line Lock Kit and put my Nitto 305/40 R18 on the car and light'em up.

Attachments

#7 ·
Tuesday I installed a set of factory -style alloy pedals plus a matching dead pedal I got on sale from LMR. The gas and brake pedals were pretty easy. Because the reviews said the 3M tape on the gas pedal was a bit weak I also used epoxy. The dead pedal was a bit more involved. Had to pull the door sill trim, then the kick panel as well as pull up the carpet so I could access a 13 mm bolt to mount the d/p to.
Anyway, it looks great and the d/p makes it more comfortable as well.

#8 ·
Gonna grease the LCAs tomorrow.
Also mash the gas pedal at least once or twice a day.

#9 ·
Mine is just sitting in the garage...BUUUT I have these waiting to go in!

Attachments

#10 ·
Snow mostly gone here now and streets are mostly dry, so got the stang out last night for first test drive after installing an Exedy Mach 500 clutch, flywheel and SR Performance Braided Stainless Clutch Line.

All went really well. Clutch was quiet, very precise and buttery smooth, . Going to drive the prescribed 500 miles though before hitting it real hard .

#12 ·
Installed new napa chassis parts ball joint $100. Each guaranteed for life to replace those that where on my new frpp LCA that I bought last year that only lasted 15K km.

Attachments

#13 ·
this week mon/tue drove her to work wed she has been sleeping in the driveway due to the snow storm we had here

Hopfuly I'll get to drive her and clean her up next week (IF it doesn't snow here again)

#15 ·
This thread is a good idea. A lot of car/truck/bike sites have similar threads. I`ll insert just one word in the thread title if the OP does not mind, & that word is "with". That will encompass pretty much every interaction you could have with your car.

#16 ·
Ordered BMR Watts Link and have the parts out and waiting on rod end seals,, Vorshlag Brake Duct Kit, and enjoying driving the car. Gold GTO 6.0 was really fun to race against.

#21 ·
Last week, bled the brakes and filled with Motul RBF600. Uninstalled the ProCal tune and installed a Bama 93 Octane race tune.

This week, installed the passenger side harness connects for my Schroth quickfit harness, driver's side was done last year. Tried out my HANS device to make sure it fit. Installed the Bama 91 Octane performance tune. The race tune wasn't all that pleasant for daily driving. Swapped over to my newly purchased 18x10 SVE Drift wheels with Bridgestone RE-11 285/30.

#22 ·
Its Friday! Today a Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer, auto glass cleaning with Invisible Glass (looking for better recommendations to polish the windows) & interior vacuum. Massage a little Black Magic into the tires. Window cleaning to remove dachshund nose marks. Then we're vampire.gif off to Alice Cooper! Feed my Frankenstein! >:)

#23 ·
Installed the quad exhaust

Attachments

#24 ·
Over the past two days, I've installed the Roush Axle Back round tip exhaust, Brembo50 55D springs (rear only) and bolted on a set of Velgen VMB7 wheels (20x9 and 20x10.5) wrapped in 255/35R and 305/35R Nitto NT555 G2's.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Muscle car

Oh, and I ordered the Steeda Sport springs (linear), Koni STR.T dampers, Steeda Upper Strut Mounts, Steeda Adj Panhard bar, Steeda Panhard Bar Brace, and a Steeda CAI/SCT X4 tuner package.

#25 ·
Got my car out of storage, had to jump start it, then drove it home. Good to have it back home in the garage. Tomorrow I'll wash, wax and detail clean it. I put a trickle charger on it, we'll see if the battery is still good. I am not sure how long it was dead and if it froze this winter. The battery is 5 years old so it doesn't owe me any thing. I have really missed this car.

#26 ·
I installed LED's to map lights, truck light, license plate, rear side markers and LED smoked 3rd tail light, what a difference, for little money it made a huge difference. I also put in smoked front turn signals and smoked rear markers. gives me the look I wanted.
Also I'm cleaning it very detailed, I just bought it 2007 V6 coup with pony package, upgraded dash and leather, i'm cleaning engine, trunk area, jacking it up and spray painting all dull, rusted black again.