Ford Mustang Forum banner

found out MGW shifters lives here

944 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  OhSix750 
#1 ·
Got the wild hair to start looking up short shifters for my 13' gt and kept seeing posts about MGW being a great way to go. I went to their web page to check them out. It just so happens they are based out of my home town of Augusta, Ga. I had no idea. That being the case I am now very interested in their shifter. Worth taking a look?

#2 ·
From what I have read, they are one of the best if not the best.

I wonder if they would do the install for you at their shop?

#3 ·
spend the money and invest in one ASAP! you'll wonder how you made it this long with out it. I got a used first edition MGW off my local CL about 1 1/2 yrs ago for my 05' GT, it completely changed the driving experience for the better. one of the best mods for the S197 IMHO. good luck

#4 ·
Call 'em and set up an appointment......they will install it for FREE!!:worship

I spoke to George several times and had an appointment but couldn't wait so I did it myself.......not fun but not too hard......the payoff is FANTASTICLY POSITIVE SHIFTING!!:smile:

Too bad FORD doesn't install 'em at the factory!!facepalm.gif

#5 ·
I plan on calling them tomorrow. A short shifter was near the end of my build list but finding out they are local AND do installs it has now jumped to the top. Im hoping they have some open times so i can get it done on a day off.

#6 ·
I wish I had a Race Spec. I experienced some lock-out on the race track this weekend shifting 2nd to 3rd after exiting a turn and getting on the gas hard!

#8 ·
Called them today. To get a shifter will be around 3+ weeks. And their install apointments are booked full untill september. Good lord.

#10 ·
Yeah - they fill up fast. I waited about 2 months for them to do my install, and when I got there George did the install himself. Didn't take him very long (he's obviously done it many times, knew all the tricks, and has all the right tools) so I knew it was done properly. He was very kind and let me watch so I would know the proper installation procedure. They're busy running a business, so they only do a few installs a week. Definitely worth the wait if you can stand it. :wink:

It would have taken me several hours and lots of cursing trying to do the install in the driveway on jack stands. Glad I waited for MGW to do the (free) installation. And I really love the shifter. I don't drag race anymore, but cruising around I really enjoy the short, crisp shifts. I did have the parking brake button buzz afterward, but its easily fixed (there's a video of the fix on MGW's website).

#9 ·
Their shifters ARE the best. Customer service is excellent. You talk to the owner and designer for any questions. As far as materials, they are bomb proof. Installation is not that bad. Took me 5 hours and a few beers to get it done. I bought the 14 race spec just for clarification.

#11 ·
Decided to get on the list. I have an apointnent set for september for install. Decided who better to take care of it than the guy that makes them? 3 months is lnt that long a wait.....i can do it......errrr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.