Ford Mustang Forum banner

calliper covers yes or no

3K views 25 replies 23 participants last post by  2012bigredstang 
#1 ·
would like your opinion

I have some caliper covers for my 2012 gt vert. Not sure if I want to install them. They are red with 5.0 on the rear and mustang written on the fronts.
What do you all think should I install them or sell them?

Luke from Canada ehh

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
My 2 cents: No way. Tacky as hell, reminds me of those fake Brembo caliper covers that ricers put on. Plus they'd probably trap more heat and just imagine what would happen if one breaks loose.

If you want a color change maybe get the calipers painted next time you need to do a brake job.

#3 ·
If you like the way they look then do it. I pay no attention to the caliper decorations but plenty of people do. They must be liked by someone, otherwise why would a company spend the money & time making them. It really doesn't matter what others think, do what YOU want to do.

#4 ·
I agree^^ I have a full set sitting in my closet for a couple of years & I still can`t bring myself to install them. sarcastic.gif

#6 ·
No . . . . for my car.

For your car? Up to you . . .

good luck with the election!

#7 ·
+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Paint the calipers!

My suggestion is just to paint them. I decided to paint mine instead of spending the cash for the covers. Every fall when I change over to my winter rim/tire set, I just touch up the calipers.

Good luck!

Jedi Dave

Attachments

#11 · (Edited)
with all the extra HP that comes with caliper covers you'll need extra stopping power. I'd suggest just upgrading to Brembo's maybe Reaper will sell you his ugly ones cheap.

to answer your question since your ride is not the red of the caliper covers (assume bright red covers) the two shades of red would look wrong any other color car I'd be OK with them. I'll suggest if you are going to have to sell them to try them 1st since you already have them. I'm sure they are a simple install and you might like it.

#13 ·
would like your opinion

I have some caliper covers for my 2012 gt vert. Not sure if I want to install them. They are red with 5.0 on the rear and mustang written on the fronts.
There must be some reason that you're hesitating and looking for outside help to get past it. Would dissatisfaction or regrets develop later, in the absence of continued encouragement to keep them on?

Norm

#16 ·
I had caliper covers when I had the stock brakes and again when I did the brembo conversion and while they are nice, i wouldn't recommend them unless you can get them for cheap. They are way overpriced for 200 bucks for all four, should be somewhere in the 50-100 dollar range, however i do like how they hide the ugly stock calipers. I just have the rears now and they look nice but if you can I would paint the calipers and would look just as nice.

Attachments

#17 ·
I have them on the rear. I wanted to kinda match the 6 piston StopTechs on the front. I would never put them on the front, especially red ones with a car that color.

#18 ·
If your not tracking the car then there would be not mechanical reason not to. Just if you like them or not. If your tracking the car its not such a good idea because they will retain heat and thats the last thing you want on the track.

#19 ·
Be careful........it's probably a slippery slope. Starts with something small like tacky caliper covers....but before long you've got the goofy Ricer wing on the trunk....24 inch wheels and maybe just for nostalgia some big 'ol fuzzy dice hanging on the rear view mirror inside.

It's your choice and your car...... but I wouldn't put them on.

#23 ·
Too ricey for my taste, but as others have said, to each their own. While I am not a caliper cover fan, I am all for doing things to make your car different from all the others.

#25 ·
Sell, Sell, Sell. You wheels look good they way they currently are. However, its your call.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.