Ford Mustang Forum banner

New Exhaust

816 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  huberoy123 
#1 ·
A good friend of mine had a set of Magnaflow axle back mufflers from his dad's (now sold) GT500. After multiple attempts to sell the mufflers, he offered them to me for free! I wasted no time ordering the lower valence from American Muscle. My friend even helped me install the items to my 2013 GT. They fit great! It took a just around 2 hours to remove everything, modify the bumper, and re-install. The sound is much louder than stock, and MUCH deeper. The highway drone will take time to get used to, but damn it sounds nice!

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
wow, you have quite the eye, eh? LOL . . . not sure how you can tell from that angle . . . . ;-)

I am very surprised you have drone with Magnaflows!!:surprise:

I think it depends on which Magnaflows . . . you are probably thinking of the rectangular ones that are relatively mellow . . . I think he has the smaller cans which are fairly loud and I have seen some other reports of drone

#11 ·
The tips do stick out slightly. Once the sun comes up, I'll try to get a good picture.

#8 ·
It looks like the driver's side exhaust is raised high, closer to the valance. It could just be the camera angle.

#10 ·
I think it is just the camera angle. We spent a lot of time eye balling the gaps. But, It's always nice to have other sets of eyes!

#12 ·
I opened the thumbnail in another tab, blew that up, and it does look like the two sides aren't quite symmetrical. Some of it may be the passenger side not sticking out quite as far as the driver side . . . which could at least partly be an issue with the valance not being perfect either.

Norm

#13 ·
Nice, I like the way they look. Good job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.