Ford Mustang Forum banner

New England Fall Cruise 2016!

4K views 41 replies 11 participants last post by  RoboStang 
#1 ·
It is time for Strange Mud and I to announce the date of the next ride. We are running this one on Saturday November 5th (rain date of Sunday the 6th) in Massachusetts. Mud has a nice route of mostly 4th gear sweepers and we would like you all to come with us for a ride. This route is not as technical as the CT one but it is fun with secluded back roads and a beautiful section of the Mohawk Trail. We will be posting up details later but folks that have been on the MA route before you should know what to expect.

If you have not been on a ride with us you can expect 100+ miles of fun with a bunch of Mustangs. We set a rapid but not insane pace but know you are participating at your own risk. We will be going for a spirited ride on two lane blacktop. There will be a stop for lunch 2/3 of the way through the ride at a good restaurant (maybe even some outdoor seating if the weather is warm enough.

The starting point is the Whately Truck Stop Exit 24 (off I-91). That's all I'll say for now. The exact route is a closely guarded secret. :wink:

So come on out, make a day of it, catch some other great Mustangs and meet some new friends. PM me or Mud or reply to this thread to let us know that you are interested.

Rob

See less See more
#3 ·
Haha. Unfortunately she is tucked away for the long winter by then. The only benefit to living up here and storing it for the winter is that it is like getting a brand new car every spring.

Reactions: 5.0 Coyote
#4 ·
#5 ·
Yes, the route is pretty much set but I might be in for a drive there on Sunday. It looks like it is a two day event! You should really consider joining us on Saturday though. It is a blast.

#6 ·

A quick pop-up run for those on our list. We did 100+ miles and had lunch on the CT River. If you want in on the invite only rides PM your email to Rob or myself looking forward to the MA run at the end of the season . That one is more of a 4th gear sweeper ride and doesn't require the attention that this one did. On that topic I recognized E's tree from the summer CT ride!

#9 ·
Yup...another fun ride through the back roads of CT with great friends driving incredible cars. Can't wait for the next one.

#11 ·
For new kids this one is about 140 miles of mostly* 4th gear sweepers....you will want a full tank of gas at the start (yes they sell gas there!) it is not as intense as the CT route but I have a bunch of nice roads that hopefully won't be full of slow folks.

*Note: There are warning signs about the hairpin turn on the Mohawk Trail.

#12 ·
Looking forward to meeting you Dip!

#14 ·
Bump. 25 days and counting!!!!

#15 ·
The Details Post

OK Folks

Rob and I did a dry run today and it is a good route. It is nowhere near as intense as the CT ride but it is 140 miles of 4th gear black top. Plz note at 140+ miles you will want a minimum of 5/8 of a tank or you will be staring at the "Get fuel now light" for a while......we do start at a gas station.

Saturday Nov 5th (rain date Sunday)

Whately Truck Stop Exit 24 off I91
372 State Rd
Whately MA

we have lunch scheduled at the 1896 House in Williamstown MA and we expect to be back at the truck stop around 3:30-4:00

let us know if you intend to come...hope to see a bunch of you.

#28 ·
If your serious PM me. I can't make Mud's ride but if you do a Saturday deal up at the Dragon and Cherohala Slo2 and myself would be down for that. We can finally get out of eastern NC again now that US-70 is open again.

#17 ·
I wish it wasn't a 13 hour drive out there. I ran the Dragon once a few years ago before I did my suspension work. I would love to do it again. Maybe some day. Enjoy your ride.

#20 ·
Color me jealous.

#22 ·
a couple of reasons (not counting I hadn't tried it)

1: We like to plan the stop around 2/3 of the way through the ride and with the added length of this route it's a bit early

2: Mud really likes the salad with grilled duck at the 1896 house.

#24 ·
We will have to check it out Kevin but I think you will like this place too.

#26 ·
Hmm. I thought it was pretty good. But I'm always up for something new. Maybe we can try the new place next year.

#27 ·
CT Convoy Info

OK friends....one week away!

Rob & I are having two stops to meet folks from CT and convoy up. It makes the dull part better so join us for the ride up.

Hartford CT 131 Brainard Rd the Shell station/DD at exit 27 depart time 8:30

Enfield CT 97 Elm St between McD's and DD at exit 48 depart time 9:00

this should get us to the Final Destination (intended...it's Halloween!) the Whately Truck Stop/Diner 372 State Rd Whately/S. Deerfield around 10:00 to meet/greet/fill the tanks/etc.

Reminders: These rides are at your own risk!

Bring walkie talkies, they can help if you get separated from the group

here is a link for cross-pollination:
New England Fall Cruise 2016 - Mustang Evolution

If anyone wants to get a convoy coming from another direction pick up the ball post/pm other members it will make the hwy part of your ride better

#31 ·
Thanks, we will. See you in the spring!!!!

#33 ·
Based on e-mail and forum(s) responses, we should have 15 to 18 cars!!!! It's going to be a good one!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.