Ford Mustang Forum banner

Help with GT Grill!

746 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  JediDave 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!
I have 2014 Mustang V6. I bought myself 2014 GT Grill, however i realized that grill should come in two pieces (grill itself and grill surround). I got only the grill. My mustang has chrome V6 surround, i decided not to take out my grill because i read on couple of forums that i can break a surround. Has anyone had that problem? Can somebody advice me what should i do?
In a nutshell, can i use GT grille with V6 grille surround?
Thank You

#2 ·
Don't know about interchangeability between v6 and gt, but I pulled my grill, popped off the surround for painting, put back together and reinstalled without breaking anything. You just wrap your fingers in the grill and give it a yank (harder than you might expect). It presses back in place pretty easily.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

#3 ·
makaveli:

I replaced my 14 GT/CS grill with a GT grill w/orange fogs. Yes, you will need to purchase the surround....the gt grill will not fit into the V6 surround. The grill isn't hard to take apart, you just need to take your time. By the way, the job is tons easier if you take the bumper off, which takes an hour at the most. If you want to hook up your fog lights, I have the Raxiom 2013-2014 GT Style Fog Light Kit that I'll sell to you. It comes with the wiring harness, Ford OEM switch, wire tap-red, screws, and zip ties. For 2013-2014, GT fog lamps went to LED technology; they're not cheap. Please PM me for more info. I work some long hours, but I'll get back to you as soon as I can. JediDave

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.