Ford Mustang Forum banner

Reset Bama X4 tuner

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  145566 
#1 ·
I have a Bama X4/SF4 tuner that a friend gave me after he totaled his 09 GT. He was unable to reflash the stock tune back into it to unlock the tuner so I can use it for my 14 sixer. I'm trying to find the way to factory reset it. SCT claim they'd do it for $150 (plus shipping, then an additional $150 from AM for the tunes for life program). Obviously that's a profit ploy by SCT. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with something like this. I'm thinking there's some sort of registry or bin file I could erase or something while plugged into my computer, but just wanted to check community knowledge. Trying to just buy into the tunes program as opposed to spending essentially the same amount as a new one. Any ideas?

#3 ·
Yep. SCT has it 'fixed'. You have to pay if you want to play :(

#5 ·
Yup. Computer doesn't directly interface leaving no ability to explore the firmware, let alone edit anything. However I did find out that SCT will unlock it for free if the married VIN number was totaled out, (which is the case for me here). All they need is a copy of the insurance claim or a CARFAX report showing it as totaled, and they'll waive the fee. Hopefully that will help anyone else in the future with the same problem. Thanks everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.