Ford Mustang Forum banner

GT Owner wants Six for Daughter

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  RWSRWS 
#1 · (Edited)
UPDATED _ GT Owner wants Six for Daughter

Hello All:

I own a '13 Premium GT with a couple of mods - nothing performance wise.

Looking for a S197 for my daughter as a present for graduating college in 4 years with a tremendous GPA.

Looking for an 11-15 automatic with low, low mileage and under $20K

Lots of choices out there.

Not looking for any performance.

Any specific year to target or avoid?

Other than the hood bubbling issues, pinion seals and lower control arm bushings, is there anything else to consider?

THANKS!

RWSRWS

See less See more
#2 ·
Thats a great gift for a well deserving daughter. I would want some kind of documentation on sevice records.

#5 ·
I found Sync to work fine once I got a newer phone.

Some people have had issues with drain holes getting plugged and water finding its way inside the cabin. I guess you would have to look at the holes and look for any signs of water damage inside on the carpet, maybe give it the smell test.

#6 ·
Got my 2013 V6 Premium (manual though) with 13,482 miles for 18k out the door. Lower control arms will probably need replacing, as almost all S197's will, but if you get one still in warranty, it will be covered. Other than that, get good service records and a trusted mechanic to look over it. In all likelihood though, any very low mileage newer mustang will be pretty solid.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#7 ·
Water pumps have been know to fail early on some 3.7's, very easy to replace yourself. The 3.7L was used in the Lincoln for a couple years before it was used in the Mustang. The 3.7 is really just a 3.5 that's been bored out to 3.7. The 3.5 has been used for years. Our 2014 Edge has a 3.5L in it. These v6's are bullet proof and have read on many Mustang Forums for many years, only 1 or 2 engine failures of the V6. :grin:

#12 ·
+1 on the water pump. The only thing to truly fail on my 3.7 in 84k mi.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

#8 ·
I must add: Most v6 Mustangs came with a 2.73 rear gear ratio. This was done so Ford could sale the v6 Mustang as, "over 300 horsepower and over 30 miles per gallon". I wasn't happy with my 3.31 rear ratio, it was the only factory choice for the rear end. I changed to 3.73 gears and am now very happy with them :)

#9 ·
#10 ·
Get her a yellow or red ecoboost '15 stang. With a stripe. Girls love that ****

#11 ·
Sounds like a thumbs up so far from everyone !

RWSRWS

#13 ·
Other than the hood corrosion on my '13 v6, the only problem I've had is the rear pinion seal leaking - which was covered under the power-train warranty, so not a big deal, really. I absolutely love my 3.7 Mustang: admirable mileage, comfortable on long trips, and...well, it's a Mustang! I'd highly recommend a 2013-2014 3.7 Premium. All the extra bells & whistles are really, really nice.

#14 ·
under 20,000 miles, under $20,000.

put a deposit on this MCA Edition with 5,700 miles

it has the reverse sensing system and pony projection lights

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/688170980/overview/

The sister Ford dealer will do the TSB for the lower control arms, and replace the burp tank hose as Mud advised me last week.and most likely Silverhorse quarter window replacements.

going to add a NAV system, Dynamat, redline leather armrest covers, GT500 axelbacks (yes it's a six)

Any other suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

RWSRWS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.