vibration deceleration V6 Manual mustang 2013 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
vibration deceleration V6 Manual mustang 2013

Hello everyone, I currently have a vibration deceleration with my mustang 2013, looking a little I find a beginning of the article about this problem, but I can not read it full, of course to have the rest you have to pay.
would there be someone who would have more info.

Thanks

TSB #SSM 47614
NHTSA ID # 10148735
OCTOBER 25 2018
Additional Info: How to Fix
Summary: Some 2011 - 2014 Mustang vehicles equipped with a 3.7L V6 engine and MT82 manual transmission can exhibit a vibration felt in the shifter, and / or the seat and steering wheel, on deceleration between 3500 and 2000 engine RPM. This an o??????????????????????

My Dream, My Mustang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019
Rookie

turbobuick86

Probably not what you wanted to hear...

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...48735-9999.pdf

Some 2011 - 2014 Mustang vehicles equipped with a 3.7L V6 engine and MT82 manual
transmission may exhibit a vibration felt in the shifter, and/or the seat track and steering wheel,
on deceleration between 3500 and 2000 engine RPM. This an operating characteristic of the
vehicle and no repairs should be attempted.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Thanks you.

My Dream, My Mustang

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

When it comes time to replace the clutch get rid of the dual mass flywheel, the decel vibration is created from it.
I just don't know who ships to France from the US but about everyone of the online aftermarket Mustang stores has a clutch package for the V6 with a normal flywheel.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019
PONY Member

hi Titi91!
do you feel the vibration in the shifter? I fixed mine the replacing the stock shifter bushing (basically some foam tie-wrapped in a bracket) with the Energy Suspension Polyurethane Shifter Stabilizer Bushing. I now get a growl around 2500RPM instead of the vibration with the added benefit of solid shifts instead of the sloppy feeling stock shifter. All for about $20. I basically wanted firmer shifts from my 6 speed MT82 and that is why i replaced the bushing, but after driving the car for some time i realized that the vibration was mostly gone. YMMV, but it worked for me. The vibration was as bad as feeling it through the floor and the shifter dancing in the console. Dealer said this was normal behavior and all info online says the same. All this is gone and replaced with some noise that could be mistaken for engine noise. Best $20 i ever spent. My Mustang is 2012 V6 with 3.31 gears.

Canadian 2012 V6, MT, Perf.White Pony Package (3.31 gears). Koni Sport Shocks & Struts. Steeda Sport Springs w/HD Mounts, Route 66 SpeedShop 55D rear spring kit. Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace. BMR Adj PHB. BFG G-Force Sport Comp2. Pioneer TS-D6802R Front SPeakers, Clarion 80W/Ch Amp. JL Audio 8 Inch Sub And 175W Amp. GT500 Steering Wheel. 2012+ Tilting Headrests
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page