As many of you know it is very simple to get the Auto headlight feature in a vehicle that did not come with it stock. You must simply change out the switch. It was mentioned that the only drawback being that you would not be able to adjust the delay, since it isnt built into the messege center like vehilces that came factory equipped. Follow the steps below and you should be able to set the delay timer for any amount of time up to 3 minutes. NOTE:
The time delay can be programmed through the message center using the message center buttons (if equipped) or using the following steps. NOTE:
Steps 2 through 5 must be carried out within a 10-second period.
1. Start with the ignition switch off and the headlamp switch in the AUTOLAMPS ON position.
2. Place the headlamp switch in the OFF position.
3. Place the ignition switch in the RUN position.
4. Place the ignition switch in the OFF position.
5. Place the headlamp switch in the AUTOLAMPS ON position. The exterior lamps turn on at this point.
6. Wait the desired amount of time and place the headlamp switch in the OFF position (maximum of 3 minutes). The exterior lamps turn off and the autolamp time delay is now set.
Worked like a charm for me. Took all of five minutes to swap switches and program it.