ok...where to begin...
1. the main problem if driving on the highway for several (3+ hrs) when i press in the clutch to down shift because im exiting the highway...nothing disengages, i cant put it into gear..i actually got stuck on a circle uphill exit ramp at 11p.m. because i didn't have enough momentum to make it to the top
* i do know that it runs off the brake pressure (pretty sure its the slave cylinder) becuase i have to keep a bottle of brake fluid with me ... top off the brake fluid...pump the clutch several times and im good to go again...
2.i am pretty sure i need to replace the clutch also cuz it slips slight when i punch it untill i hit higher rpms...i bought the car used and about 1 year...maybe 2 later i had to replace the clutch i by no choice of my own ended up getting a OEM clutch
* id like to put at least a stage 1 clutch in, in hopes it is more durable, i dont Race the car on a drag strip but i do dog it a lot, i drive it as if it were a GT lol...i dont have anything major done to it: MGW short throw, BBK cold air, flow master dual exhaust,
id like to do more if i manage to come accross the money
o and i recently replaced all the brake pads and have a squeak that wont go away...the pads are not on crooked they are wearing evenly..ive checked, i used to work on a construction site and i assumed it was the dirt from the site getting between the rotor and the pads but i took all of em off when i checked for even wear and cleaned them all (rotors included) with brake cleaner then drove the car and still had a squeak when i brake
well thats the run down my questions are:
1)why is my brake fluid leaking?
2)what is the different spline for clutch plates ...More the better?
3)i read some where that when replacing the clutch to replace the slave cylinder?
4) do i need to buy any gaskets or anything other then just the clutch/slave cylinder?
5) is there a step by step guide to removing the transmission from the block and and the clutch and putting them back....
6) is this something i can do in my front yard...i have a yard and a gravel drive way...do i need special tools