Engine light on - Ford Mustang Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member
 
apocalypto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 269
 
Engine light on

Got the engine light on today,I immediately went to the local auto parts store and had them check the codes. The code given was P0030 (Heater control circuit), which appears to be the O2 sensor? So I parked the car for about five minutes to buy some food, turned the car back on and the engine check light is gone. So my questions are:
1. Is there a possibility that this engine check light will re-appear? and if it does,
2. Does the warranty usually take care of this issue? And finally,
3. How long can I drive it with a faulty O2 sensor?

Thanks!


2012 Black V6 Performance, Pony and Security Package, Tint, Take-off leather seats, GT500 Steering Wheel, JLT CAI, Auto Headlight switch, Quarter Win Louvers.
apocalypto is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013
Banned
 
McCarthy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 182
 
If it's a 2012, it will still be under waranty... Just take it to the dealer?

McCarthy is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member
 
apocalypto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 269
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCarthy View Post
If it's a 2012, it will still be under waranty... Just take it to the dealer?
It has 25K miles on it so it's still under warranty , the reason I asked is because I read somewhere that this sensor is not covered under warranty. i'll call them tomorrow morning either way but just wanted this information beforehand. Thanks.

2012 Black V6 Performance, Pony and Security Package, Tint, Take-off leather seats, GT500 Steering Wheel, JLT CAI, Auto Headlight switch, Quarter Win Louvers.
apocalypto is offline  
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013
Banned
 
McCarthy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 182
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypto View Post
It has 25K miles on it so it's still under warranty , the reason I asked is because I read somewhere that this sensor is not covered under warranty. i'll call them tomorrow morning either way but just wanted this information beforehand. Thanks.
3 years/36k miles bumper to bumper warranty? Doesn't that imply everything is covered? Or do i need to RTFM?
McCarthy is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member
 
apocalypto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 269
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCarthy View Post
3 years/36k miles bumper to bumper warranty? Doesn't that imply everything is covered? Or do i need to RTFM?
LOL! Yeah man, just making sure.

2012 Black V6 Performance, Pony and Security Package, Tint, Take-off leather seats, GT500 Steering Wheel, JLT CAI, Auto Headlight switch, Quarter Win Louvers.
apocalypto is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member
 
apocalypto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 269
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCarthy View Post
3 years/36k miles bumper to bumper warranty? Doesn't that imply everything is covered? Or do i need to RTFM?
Any input on question 3?

2012 Black V6 Performance, Pony and Security Package, Tint, Take-off leather seats, GT500 Steering Wheel, JLT CAI, Auto Headlight switch, Quarter Win Louvers.
apocalypto is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013
Banned
 
McCarthy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 182
 
^ Not a clue. Sorry :/
McCarthy is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013
djwhiplash2001
Guest
 
djwhiplash2001's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
All emissions equipment is covered.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013
PONY Member
 
David Young's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Clinton
Posts: 569
 
Take it to your dealer. I think emissions are covered for 7 or 8 years?

'Little Red'. 2011 V-6 Mustang. Automatic Trans. C&L C.A.I. Ceramic Coated BBK Long Tube Headers and Catted Shorty X-Pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 rear gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. JLT Catch Can. Axle Exchange Aluminum Drive Shaft. Steeda Watts Link. Several more mods...1991 F150 4X4 59,000 miles. Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline  
OFFICIAL FORD REP.
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Dearborn
Posts: 6,465
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypto View Post
Got the engine light on today,I immediately went to the local auto parts store and had them check the codes. The code given was P0030 (Heater control circuit), which appears to be the O2 sensor? So I parked the car for about five minutes to buy some food, turned the car back on and the engine check light is gone. So my questions are:
1. Is there a possibility that this engine check light will re-appear? and if it does,
2. Does the warranty usually take care of this issue? And finally,
3. How long can I drive it with a faulty O2 sensor?

Thanks!
Hey apocalypto,

I recommend you have your vehicle diagnosed at your Ford dealer. Your Service Manager is in the best position to look into this for you. He can check into any warranty, assistance, recalls, or Customer Satisfaction Programs that may apply to your vehicle. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha

FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member
 
apocalypto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 269
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustSrvc View Post
Hey apocalypto,

I recommend you have your vehicle diagnosed at your Ford dealer. Your Service Manager is in the best position to look into this for you. He can check into any warranty, assistance, recalls, or Customer Satisfaction Programs that may apply to your vehicle. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha
Thanks for the suggestion Deysha. The engine check light hasn't re-appeared but i'm taking it in just in case.

2012 Black V6 Performance, Pony and Security Package, Tint, Take-off leather seats, GT500 Steering Wheel, JLT CAI, Auto Headlight switch, Quarter Win Louvers.
apocalypto is offline  
OFFICIAL FORD REP.
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Dearborn
Posts: 6,465
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypto View Post
Thanks for the suggestion Deysha. The engine check light hasn't re-appeared but i'm taking it in just in case.
No problem, apocalypto! Just keep me posted.

Deysha

FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome