Ford Mustang Forum banner

Rattle or Creaky sound from defroster vents near windshield

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Blackpenguin69 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I just bought a 2013 v6 Mustang Convertible. This car has been plagued with squeaks. Some of which I already fixed. I have a unique one coming from the defroster vent area of the dash up on top near the windshield front and center. I added some foam tape on the A-pillar area on the driver side cause I had to move the remote starter earlier today that did nothing though because I still hear the noise in the center of the dash. I also shoved some foam tape between the windshield and the top of the dash but that did nothing. I opened up the dash in the stereo area but it definitely wasn't coming from there. Even tightened the wire to the DC port to prevent the cigarette charger from rattling.

The noise happens as soon as I start moving even at 1 or 2mph slap it in gear and I hear it as soon as I start to roll. Its definitely something lose.

I am running out of ideas.
Should I pull out the cluster and center vents to see if something is moving under the top of the dash?

Anyone had this problem with the 13 Mustangs?

I can wedge more between both A-Pillars on each side but does anyone have any ideas?

See less See more
G
#3 ·
Hello GrabberBlueGuy,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. Have you addressed this with your local Ford Dealer? Your service manager is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

Also, remember most paid repairs done at a Ford Dealer come with a 24 months/unlimited miles warranty. You can schedule an appointment online here.

Deysha

#4 ·
I don't think mine has a noise coming from that area but otherwise has been a total rattle trap. I'm very disappointed in the interior quality of my 2014. It's too bad because other than that I love the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.