Ford Mustang Forum banner

Blower Motor

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  2011KonaV6 
#1 ·
I want to take out the blower motor and check for leaves and clean it. Is it easy to get to, under the glove box? Is it easy to take out? Or should I take it to a mechanic?

Thanks.

#2 ·
Have you changed your cabin air filter lately?

Reactions: freewayflyer
#3 ·
I still have this problem. There is a high pitched sound inside the car. If I turn the air conditioner off it goes away, dead silent. Is it safe to assume there is an issue with the blower motor?

Next question, maybe there are leaves in it(?) how to I remove the blower motor ??

[Fyi, Yes I have replaced the air filter, it is clean, so that ain't the issue right now]

#4 ·
Which Air filter? The engine air filter, or the cabin air filter? If the cabin airfilter is properly in place, it very unlikely that leaves got sucked into the HVAC system.

#5 ·
I don't believe that the blower motor is all that difficult to remove. It's behind the glove box: you can see it if you look under the dash on that side. Three or four bolts, I think. But if the blower motor is indeed causing the high-pitched sound, it might be time for a new one. On older cars I've owned, I could pull a noisy blower motor & apply some household oil to the shaft, which would usually buy me 6 to 8 months of time before having to buy a new one.

#7 ·
Its 2 wiring harnesses you pull apart and 3 screws. Its easy to replace but kinda awkward to get to. Ive had to replace mine 3 times. Bought Motorcraft OEM from Amazon and 2 went bad in a few months. Amazon was GREAT about sending me replacements. They even refunded the money and sent me a free one.

Never saw any leaves in there though, I think you should look at the cabin filter under the hood

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.