Ford Mustang Forum banner

Swaybars

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Masterang 
#1 ·
I have the opportunity to get 50k mile used GT swaybars for my 2013 V6 on stock swaybars. Was wondering if it was better to sway towards the Boss since my tire size is the same except for the rear. The Boss tires are 255 front and 285 rear.

My tires:
GT500 Nitto Staggered Kit
255/45-18
275/40-18

Stock V6 33mm 22mm
Perf V6/GT 34mm 24mm
Boss 34.5mm 25mm
Eibach 36mm 25mm
Hellwig 35mm 25mm

#2 ·
It depends on how good of a deal you're getting. If you can get either one for the same price, you might as well get the Boss sway bars. But I'm guessing the GT sway bars you're talking about are very cheap, and if that's the case you might as well get them. The difference in performance is unlikely to be worth the difference in cost unless you frequently track this car.

#3 ·
The Boss was made for Track and Street so that's the versatility I'm after.

The GT sway kit is $75 but 50k miles used.
Also there's a GT Track Pack kit under 100 miles used for $250.
GT Track Front is same as the Boss 34.6mm, Rear is same as GT 24mm.

I've got too much to install already. Driveshaft, Shorty headers and Panhard Bar sitting on my floor waiting for the sun to shine in VA. KW V3's on the slow boat from Germany coming in next week. I'll see how the car handles after the coilovers and decide on the sways. Thanks!

#4 ·

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.