Ford Mustang Forum banner

Rearview mirror vibrates after windshield replaced

18K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  5.0 Candy REDCS 
#1 ·
Unfortuantely when I took delivery of my car, the windshield had a large deep scratch in it. Hubby said don't mess with it. Do us wives ever listen? He&* no. I had it replaced. Now the rearview mirror vibrates and it's driving me crazy. Any ideas what the heck they could have done to screw this one up? It did not vibrate at all before I had them replace it.

Yes, I know. I should have listened to my husband. Now that I have admitted that, can I have some ideas on how to get it fixed?

#2 ·
It might not be snapped on all the way. These are a tongue and groove design with a big spring washer type thing to hold it tight. Give it a gentle tug and see if it pops off. Actually on second thought just have the glass place mess with it- people have broken windshields messing with mirrors before.

#3 ·
Sounds like they didn't get the mirror attached properly.Make them fix it!

Should be an easy fix & then your husband won't be saying I TOLD YOU SO!

#4 ·
Should be an easy fix & then your husband won't be saying I TOLD YOU SO!
That would be worth my weight in gold!

Thanks guys. I called the dealership, but the service manager had left for the evening. He's supposed to call me back tomorrow. Hopefully I can get this resolved quickly and without having to leave the car. The Focus they gave me left much to be desired.

#5 ·
This could be politically incorrect & or considered sexist!:winks

There is something special about a WOMAN rowing the gears in a HIGH PERFORMANCE vehicle!

I'll not apologize for this feeling!:nono:

#7 ·
Update on the rearview issue

This could be politically incorrect & or considered sexist!:winks

There is something special about a WOMAN rowing the gears in a HIGH PERFORMANCE vehicle!

I'll not apologize for this feeling!:nono:
knk11stang, Thanks for the compliment! I don't consider it sexist at all.

I have an update on the rearivew issue for those that were wondering. The rearview is attached with a tongue and groove design with a big spring. The service manager acutally CAME TO WHERE I WORK to look at it this morning. He took out a ball-peen hammer and started tapping the mirror down. He said it moved about a 1/2" so all should be good. I will see when I go out to lunch, but I actually did see it move down so I am sure it will be fine. I am more impressed that he came to me. I work about 35 minutes from the dealership. If anyone in the Metro Detroit area wants their name, let me know. It has been a great experience with them all the way around from the sale to the service!

#6 ·
I am not sure on the 2012's, but there might be a hex screw in the bottom that holds the mirror to the bracket. Check to see if it is tight.

#9 ·
Glad to hear it got resolved for you,dealerships that take care of their customers are the ones that will continue to get positive reinforcements from customers! some dealers sure try hard to leave customers with a bad taste...
and the poster that commented that it's pretty sexy to see a woman row gears... he's 100% right!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.