Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang > 2005+ Mustang > 2011+ Mustang GT Tech

Welcome to our Mustang forums where Mustangers come together to hang out, discuss and enjoy their favorite Mustang hobby with fellow Mustang enthusiasts. We invite everyone to read, post, and enjoy our Mustang forum as well as the many other sections of our site.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. By joining our community you gain access to post topics, communicate with members, upload your photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free so why wait, join our Mustang community today! If you have any problems with registration or your account login, please contact support.

 

2011+ Mustang GT Tech Forum

2011+ Talk | 2011+ GT | 2011+ V6 | 2005-2010 Talk | 2005-2010 GT | 2005-2010 V6 | Shelby GT500 | Mustang Tech 
 

Reply   Post New Thread
Unread 07-18-2012   #1 (permalink)
enjracing is offline PONY Member

5.0L Member
S197 Member


Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 451 Threads: 153
 enjracing's Country Flag
mooresville   North Carolina
enjracing is on a distinguished road
Default anyone make front sway bar endlinks?

other then the competition one that steeda makes that are great but a bit harsh as far as nvh for the street, does anyone else make some with a stronger shaft and urethane bushings? thanks.
enjracing is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Unread 07-18-2012   #2 (permalink)
Grimace427
Guest


Posts: n/a Threads:
Default

Here is some stuff I found;
Powergrid Front Sway Bar Endlinks - 2005+ - S197 Suspension
Mustang Solutions - S197 Sway Bars - Pedders Suspension
 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012   #3 (permalink)
enjracing is offline PONY Member

5.0L Member
S197 Member


Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 451 Threads: 153
 enjracing's Country Flag
mooresville   North Carolina
enjracing is on a distinguished road
Default

thanks man. i wonder if the adjustable one will add to NVH? that is what i am trying to avoid.
enjracing is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012   #4 (permalink)
Grimace427
Guest


Posts: n/a Threads:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjracing View Post
thanks man. i wonder if the adjustable one will add to NVH? that is what i am trying to avoid.
They retain the factory style ball joint on the ends so I would think no.
 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012   #5 (permalink)
enjracing is offline PONY Member

5.0L Member
S197 Member


Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 451 Threads: 153
 enjracing's Country Flag
mooresville   North Carolina
enjracing is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
They retain the factory style ball joint on the ends so I would think no.
very true. the steeda ones have hiem joints, so they could. cool, i think i will order these. thanks again.
enjracing is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012   #6 (permalink)
T.Wayne is offline GT Member


Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,210 Threads: 47
 T.Wayne's Country Flag
Cincinnati   Ohio
T.Wayne is on a distinguished road
Default Ford Updated

Ford updated the factory design and you must buy 4 new nuts as well. UPR makes some nice ones but like the others you mentioned are not a ball joint style.

T Wayne
T.Wayne is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012   #7 (permalink)
Grimace427
Guest


Posts: n/a Threads:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Wayne View Post
Ford updated the factory design and you must buy 4 new nuts as well. UPR makes some nice ones but like the others you mentioned are not a ball joint style.

T Wayne
I read the change in thread pitch that necessitated the new nuts happened back in '09 or '10 so this shouldn't be too much of a concern.
 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012   #8 (permalink)
T.Wayne is offline GT Member


Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,210 Threads: 47
 T.Wayne's Country Flag
Cincinnati   Ohio
T.Wayne is on a distinguished road
Default Umi

The UMI Endlinks did not seem to make any additional noise. I was not sure when they updated the endlinks. I have a 06 so the old ones started making noise and I replaced them. I would say since you can adjust the Race style endlinks you could dial them in so they could meet your goals. The Teflon lining helps a little but as you stated Heim Joints can start sounding like a bush-hog out of balance the polite acronym is NVH.

T Wayne
T.Wayne is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012   #9 (permalink)
Sharad is offline Site Sponsor


Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,901 Threads: 154
 Sharad's Country Flag
Fort Myers   Florida
Sharad is a jewel in the roughSharad is a jewel in the roughSharad is a jewel in the roughSharad is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjracing View Post
other then the competition one that steeda makes that are great but a bit harsh as far as nvh for the street, does anyone else make some with a stronger shaft and urethane bushings? thanks.
This is an honest question, not a flame- I wonder what makes you say that the steeda ones are harsh as far as nvh.

I daily drive my '06 GT (120k miles) and when I upgraded to UPR's new adjustable swaybar endlinks with spherical ends, I didn't notice any difference in NVH whatsoever. And I'm pretty anal about my car. The only reason I installed them is because I've been chasing down a front end clunk on my car (turned out to be the factory LCAs) and I wanted to eliminate the factory swaybar endlinks as a variable.

Here's what I installed on my car:
2005-2013 Ford Mustang Sway Bar End Links - UPR Products

^^remember- Made in America, Lifetime Guarantee, and 10% off for AFM members.
__________________

Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
Sharad is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012   #10 (permalink)
enjracing is offline PONY Member

5.0L Member
S197 Member


Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 451 Threads: 153
 enjracing's Country Flag
mooresville   North Carolina
enjracing is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharad View Post
This is an honest question, not a flame- I wonder what makes you say that the steeda ones are harsh as far as nvh.

I daily drive my '06 GT (120k miles) and when I upgraded to UPR's new adjustable swaybar endlinks with spherical ends, I didn't notice any difference in NVH whatsoever. And I'm pretty anal about my car. The only reason I installed them is because I've been chasing down a front end clunk on my car (turned out to be the factory LCAs) and I wanted to eliminate the factory swaybar endlinks as a variable.

Here's what I installed on my car:
2005-2013 Ford Mustang Sway Bar End Links - UPR Products

^^remember- Made in America, Lifetime Guarantee, and 10% off for AFM members.
i could totally be wrong man, but heim joints have caused added NVH in stangs for me in the past, so i am just going off of that. i have no issues going that route if they don't, but i just would hate to install them and then find out that they clunk, pop, or make an added noise/vibration. then i can't send them back. i'm safer with the alternate type.
enjracing is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012   #11 (permalink)
enjracing is offline PONY Member

5.0L Member
S197 Member


Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 451 Threads: 153
 enjracing's Country Flag
mooresville   North Carolina
enjracing is on a distinguished road
Default

even steeda states that their end links will cause added NVH...

Steeda 2005-13 Mustang Front Heavy Duty Endlinks - Made in the USA 555-1051
enjracing is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012   #12 (permalink)
Sharad is offline Site Sponsor


Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,901 Threads: 154
 Sharad's Country Flag
Fort Myers   Florida
Sharad is a jewel in the roughSharad is a jewel in the roughSharad is a jewel in the roughSharad is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjracing View Post
i could totally be wrong man, but heim joints have caused added NVH in stangs for me in the past, so i am just going off of that. i have no issues going that route if they don't, but i just would hate to install them and then find out that they clunk, pop, or make an added noise/vibration. then i can't send them back. i'm safer with the alternate type.
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjracing View Post
even steeda states that their end links will cause added NVH...

Steeda 2005-13 Mustang Front Heavy Duty Endlinks - Made in the USA 555-1051

I can't really comment on Steeda's end links. I haven't tried them. I do always run heim joints on my street/strip cars, so I'm familiar with the NVH you're talking about. But like I said, I honestly haven't noticed any increase in NVH on the UPR endlinks and they've been on my daily driver for almost two months.
__________________

Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
Sharad is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply   Post New Thread



Thread Tools



Mustang Photos
Mustang Links    Top Sites    RSS    Link To Us    Add to Favorites    Archive    Terms of Use    Site Rules    Privacy    Contact    Sponsors    Advertise   
AllFordMustangs is not affiliated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company. ©Copyright 2002-2011 All Auto Enthusiasts Network

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162