Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang > 2005+ Mustang > 2011+ Mustang Talk

Welcome to our Mustang forums where Mustangers come together to hang out, discuss and enjoy their favorite Mustang hobby with fellow Mustang enthusiasts. We invite everyone to read, post, and enjoy our Mustang forum as well as the many other sections of our site.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. By joining our community you gain access to post topics, communicate with members, upload your photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free so why wait, join our Mustang community today! If you have any problems with registration or your account login, please contact support.

2011+ Mustang Talk Forum

2011+ Talk | 2011+ GT | 2011+ V6 | 2005-2010 Talk | 2005-2010 GT | 2005-2010 V6 | Shelby GT500 | Mustang Tech 

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
Unread 01-27-2011   #1 (permalink)
5spoke is offline Rookie

5spoke's Country Flag
Athens   Alabama
5spoke is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone had any buyback luck?

Bought a manual 2011 mustang. Quickly developed the shifting problem in second and third gear when cold..ie. when cold no second gear and third gear stiff. Called Ford they said that nothing could be done but should have a fix in 6 months to a year. Told them I was not happy with this, and they should buy back the vehicle or swap it out. With in a hour they made an appointment with the dealer who then changed the fluid to a lighter weight. Problem is better but not gone, now I can shift into second but its still stiff when cold. This wasn't a problem when new. Then tonight I find out that the back quarter panel has been repainted and nobody ever mentioned it to me.

In light of these things has anyone ever had any luck with Ford's buy back program? Starting to feel like I got a lemon between the shifting problem and the repainting.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2011   #2 (permalink)
privatpig is offline Apprentice

privatpig's Country Flag
Columbus   Indiana
privatpig is on a distinguished road

I haven't heard anyone using it. I have a 2009 V6 and 2 weeks after I had it out in the sun, you can see an area on the drivers side of the hood that looks like a putty spot. Can't see it unless your in the sun or incandescent light, but it's there. I bought my car off the showroom floor. Decided it wasn't worth someone trying to fix it and make it worse. Sounds bad about your situation. I would at least talk to the owner of the dealership and let him know how you feel face to face.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Unread 01-27-2011   #3 (permalink)
J Orbit is offline Registered User

J Orbit's Country Flag
0000   Texas
J Orbit is on a distinguished road

wow. well it's been an ongoing saga with the transmission issues for a lot of us and now you say that this new fix didn't work. Awesome. Did I mention that after some paint work at the dealer to repair some bubbles I found a loose bolt rolling around in my fender well? It's a good thing I love every other thing about driving this car and have faith that Ford will take care of us.
Unread 01-27-2011   #4 (permalink)
412horses is offline GT Member

5.0L Member
S197 Member

412horses's Country Flag  View 412horses's 5 photos
Columbus   Ohio
412horses is on a distinguished road

I'm sure the transmission thing is frustrating as hell but I might be a little more understanding on that as an unforeseen issue cropping up that they are trying to fix. However that repainted quarter panel is an entirely different story, pure deception on someone's part. That'd have me seeing red. Anxious to hear how you get things worked out. Good luck!

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
Unread 01-28-2011   #5 (permalink)
Bobby B is offline PONY Member

Bobby B's Country Flag  View Bobby B's 12 photos
Long Island   New York
Bobby B is on a distinguished road

My Mustang does not shift smoothly in freezing weather when the oil is cold. However, when the engine warms shifting is normal. Every manual transmission vehicle I have owned behaves like this.

In my opinion, changing the transmission oil viscosity is not a solution unless you live in Alaska. When the weather warms that lower viscosity oil may be problematic.

As for your dealer, I would not go back there, and I would report that dealer to Ford Customer Relations. Find a dealer who cares.
Bobby B, a patriotic Long Island Senior Citizen who drives a 2011 5.0 Premium GT Coupe, all black, 6-speed MT82, 3.55:1 differential, Bama 87S Tune, 18" diameter wheels, Pirelli P-Zeros, Comfort & Security Packages, spoiler delete.
God, please bless the USA
Unread 01-28-2011   #6 (permalink)
bubbajones is offline Made Member

bubbajones's Country Flag
Houston   Texas
bubbajones is on a distinguished road

New cars routinely have minor paint/body work done after transport. There's a certain amount that's allowable on cars sold as "new."

IIRC, when GM offered their 30 day test drive, the fine print limited such damage to $200, so that might be the magic number.
Unread 01-28-2011   #7 (permalink)
Modshack is offline Made Member

Modshack's Country Flag  View Modshack's HomePage
Greenville   North Carolina
Modshack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5spoke View Post

In light of these things has anyone ever had any luck with Ford's buy back program? Starting to feel like I got a lemon between the shifting problem and the repainting.
Ford will likely not buy back unless instructed to under the lemon laws in your state. They are to be given a reasonable chance to fix whatever problems exist.

Follow these guidelines (to the letter) for Alabama if you want to build a case:
Alabama Lemon Law Statutes
Unread 01-28-2011   #8 (permalink)

Houston   Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
Ford will likely not buy back unless instructed to under the lemon laws in your state. They are to be given a reasonable chance to fix whatever problems exist.

Follow these guidelines (to the letter) for Alabama if you want to build a case:
Alabama Lemon Law Statutes

What's the name of that site where they had a big party after lemoning their cars?
Unread 01-28-2011   #9 (permalink)
JohnRichard is offline GT Member

JohnRichard's Country Flag  View JohnRichard's 14 photos
Oklahoma City   Oklahoma
JohnRichard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5spoke View Post
Bought a manual 2011 mustang. Quickly developed the shifting problem in second and third gear when cold..ie. when cold no second gear and third gear stiff. Called Ford they said that nothing could be done but should have a fix in 6 months to a year. Told them I was not happy with this, and they should buy back the vehicle or swap it out. With in a hour they made an appointment with the dealer who then changed the fluid to a lighter weight. Problem is better but not gone, now I can shift into second but its still stiff when cold. This wasn't a problem when new. Then tonight I find out that the back quarter panel has been repainted and nobody ever mentioned it to me.

I have a shifting issue only when the car and transmission is cold once the car reaches normal operating temperature I see no issue... to me that is not a lemon just a stiff transmission and to me that sounds better then a sloppy one with low millage…

The back quarter panel is defiantly not a lemon issue… more then likely damaged in shipping or crashed in a test drive or by a lot tech… it should have meant a large discount…

But you should have noticed it before you bought or took delivery… if you can not tell what does it matter... if you can then that one is on you and the dealer not tell you…

If the dealer knew and did not tell you… bad dealer….

Sounds like a post in the local news paper for a week
I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
Unread 01-28-2011   #10 (permalink)
jmatero is offline Banned

jmatero's Country Flag
San Jose   California
jmatero is on a distinguished road

I had a chance to tour the BMW facility in New Jersey where all of the cars arrive and are processed before distribution to dealers. They have a massive body work and paint shop area of the complex. During the tour, we were told that it is VERY common for vehicles to be damaged between leaving the factory and arriving there... and by law, they do not have to disclose repair work done prior to customer delivery if the damage is less than 25% of the car's value.
Unread 01-28-2011   #11 (permalink)

Houston   Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatero View Post
I had a chance to tour the BMW facility in New Jersey where all of the cars arrive and are processed before distribution to dealers. They have a massive body work and paint shop area of the complex. During the tour, we were told that it is VERY common for vehicles to be damaged between leaving the factory and arriving there... and by law, they do not have to disclose repair work done prior to customer delivery if the damage is less than 25% of the car's value.

IIRC Audi has a similar facility in Houston.
Unread 01-28-2011   #12 (permalink)
5spoke is offline Rookie

5spoke's Country Flag
Athens   Alabama
5spoke is on a distinguished road

Problem is if I ever want to trade the car in it is going to be valued as a 2011 Mustang GT Premium that has had body work done, and I paid for a totally clean car.
Unread 03-09-2011   #13 (permalink)
jmatero is offline Banned

jmatero's Country Flag
San Jose   California
jmatero is on a distinguished road

I contacted Customer Relations 5 business days ago describing my multiple transmission/clutch repairs and the fact that my car has been in service 37 days total.

THEY asked ME if I was looking for a refund or exchange after hearing the story. I was given a case number and told that a representative from the re-aquisition department would review my case in order to determine whether the car met the requirements under the CA lemon law. If it didn't, they would call in no more than 5 days and provide instructions on how to get the car fixed. If it does qualify, I'd receive a package in the mail with instructions on how to begin the buy-back/exchange process. Tomorrow is the 5th business day. We'll see what happens
Unread 03-09-2011   #14 (permalink)
Joenpb is offline MACH I Member

Joenpb's Country Flag  View Joenpb's 7 photos
San Diego   California
Joenpb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
In my opinion, changing the transmission oil viscosity is not a solution......
Unless the incorrect fluid was used during manufacturing. I've seen evidence of that in another forum.
Unread 06-02-2011   #15 (permalink)
Losnjenn is offline Rookie

Losnjenn's Country Flag
East coast   North Carolina
Losnjenn is on a distinguished road

I am in the process now for my edge the key to the process is a dealership that stands with you. Make calls to for customer service multiple times and if you are patient and your dealer does all they are told to you can get a buy back. The key is knowing your rights and keeping open communication with the dealer because their recommendation is very important. I was very fortunate that my dealer has backed my 100% and were the ones to actually guide me to the whole buy back process.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Mustang Photos
Mustang Links    Top Sites    RSS    Link To Us    Add to Favorites    Archive    Terms of Use    Site Rules    Privacy    Contact    Sponsors    Advertise   
AllFordMustangs is not affiliated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company. ©Copyright 2002-2011 All Auto Enthusiasts Network

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164