Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang > 2005+ Mustang > 2011+ Mustang Talk

Welcome to our Mustang forums where Mustangers come together to hang out, discuss and enjoy their favorite Mustang hobby with fellow Mustang enthusiasts. We invite everyone to read, post, and enjoy our Mustang forum as well as the many other sections of our site.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. By joining our community you gain access to post topics, communicate with members, upload your photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free so why wait, join our Mustang community today! If you have any problems with registration or your account login, please contact support.

2011+ Mustang Talk Forum

2011+ Talk | 2011+ GT | 2011+ V6 | 2005-2010 Talk | 2005-2010 GT | 2005-2010 V6 | Shelby GT500 | Mustang Tech 

Reply   Post New Thread
Unread 04-22-2011   #1 (permalink)
Mountain is offline Made Member

V6 Member
5.0L Member

Mountain's Country Flag
SE   Michigan
Mountain is on a distinguished road
Default 2012 Mustang Production Cease

Ok, first off, I want to porject that I find this EXTREMELY hard to believe for many many reason, but I wanted to bring this to discussion to see if anyone else has been approached about this.

Today I went looking around dealerships at 2012 V6 Mustangs since I am looking to buy within the next 1-2 months. Found a 2012 V6 Performance Package base model in Ingot silver; the options I have my eye on. Very impressed in comparsion tot he base models with 2.73's and 6R80s ive drive before.

Anyway, this dealer was very straight forward with me in pricing, look into all types of incentives i may be eligible for. Also, in my area, this is a Ford dealer that deals a lot with Mustangs; they always have a good stock of GT's, V6's and GT500's. Came away from the situation feeling good. (Russ Milne Ford)

Went to another dealership and overall felt like a different type of customer when talking to the salesman. Just didn't feel as though the guy really cared; the guy seemed to just want me to buy. I had him go through all the incentives I could be eligeable for as well and got pretty much the same results, but somethings didnt corrospond to the other dealers offerings. Also, this guy did not look into as great detail with things. One of the things I was told by the salesman is that his general manager just told him 2012 Mustangs will STOP BEING PRODUCED after job 1.... I asked him about this information further and he said that it was a suprise to him, but his GM just told him and that he has connections as far as Mustang production. (Mike Dorian Ford)

Im pretty sure this is BS and the salesman, knowing I wasn't planning to buy for another month or so, was trying to get me to rush on a Mustang. Just curious if anyone else has been fed this?

I know some people who would know a lot about this as well, but lets see what comes up here.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2011   #2 (permalink)
412horses is offline GT Member

5.0L Member
S197 Member

412horses's Country Flag  View 412horses's 5 photos
Columbus   Ohio
412horses is on a distinguished road

I was given all sorts of misinformation from the original dealership I set out to buy a car from last October. Like the reason my car was taking so long was because I changed the order when in fact they had no allocation and my order was taking the longest of all because they had given me a priority 19 allowing other orders to slip in ahead of me when they were all being put in as 10s. And when the first '12s started hitting dealer lots this dealer even told another board member those weren't real 2012s, they were rebadged 2011s!

There is no limit to what some of these guys will make up.

And you are right, the way you get treated can vary radically dealer to dealer. Some profile you right off the bat as not serious because of your appearance. I'm not sure what was wrong with me that day, I thought I looked okay, LOL, but I had a dealer in the most affluent part of town decide right off the bat I wasn't a real buyer. I had asked about brochures and they were all out. Funny after a few minutes of discussion when he realized I knew what I was talking about and was looking for a car right away he suddenly remembered they had some brochures. I told him no thanks and hoped what they saved on giving out a brochure made up for losing a $35K sale. Amazing.

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Unread 04-22-2011   #3 (permalink)
PoitNarf is offline Made Member

V6 Member
S197 Member

PoitNarf's Country Flag
North   New Jersey
PoitNarf is on a distinguished road

First dealership I went to, a real jerk of a salesman swoops in on me. Let's me do a test drive, then went back in to discuss things. The one I test drove wasn't exactly what I was looking for, and I knew to get that it would have to be ordered. Told him to inquire about ordering one with the GM and he came back telling me that if I ordered one I would not see it for 6 months. Then spent the next few minutes trying to get me to buy the one that I just test drove. I humored him and asked him what he could do for me with the price if I got the one they had, and all he did was point at the sticker price and said "that's the price". Needless to say, I ordered my Mustang through another dealership with a salesman that treated me with respect.

Ordered: 4/11/2011 | VIN: 5/26 | Window sticker: 6/7 | Build date: 6/13 | ETA: 1st-6/24 2nd-6/29 | Arrived at dealer: 6/24 | Took delivery: 6/27

Mods: BAMA 87P Tune, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Street Axle-backs, GT500 Diffuser, Shelby Kicker Sub, Painted Mirror Covers, Adjustable Headrests
Unread 04-22-2011   #4 (permalink)
privatpig is offline Apprentice

privatpig's Country Flag
Columbus   Indiana
privatpig is on a distinguished road

When I got mine in 2009, I wanted a stick. I asked if they could find one and I would check back in a few days. Came back and was told none availible, that he had checked in about a hundred mile radius. I bought the car, one week later I stopped at a dealer no more than 30 miles away, and lo and behold, there sat my EXACT car, and one identical to it......except it was a stick. Learned my lesson, from now on, I do my own leg work and trust NO one.
Unread 04-22-2011   #5 (permalink)
bear60 is offline Rookie

bear60's Country Flag
Dayton   Ohio
bear60 is on a distinguished road

How do I get a copy of the window sticker? :?: I have the VIN and just a build week ( next week).
Thanks.
Unread 04-22-2011   #6 (permalink)
PoitNarf is offline Made Member

V6 Member
S197 Member

PoitNarf's Country Flag
North   New Jersey
PoitNarf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear60 View Post
How do I get a copy of the window sticker? :?: I have the VIN and just a build week ( next week).
Thanks.
Put your VIN # at the end of this URL: http://www.inventory.ford.com/servic...icker.pdf?vin=

Ordered: 4/11/2011 | VIN: 5/26 | Window sticker: 6/7 | Build date: 6/13 | ETA: 1st-6/24 2nd-6/29 | Arrived at dealer: 6/24 | Took delivery: 6/27

Mods: BAMA 87P Tune, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Street Axle-backs, GT500 Diffuser, Shelby Kicker Sub, Painted Mirror Covers, Adjustable Headrests
Unread 04-22-2011   #7 (permalink)
DrS16 is offline Apprentice

DrS16's Country Flag  View DrS16's 11 photos
Windsor - LaSalle   Ontario
DrS16 is on a distinguished road

Sounds about the same as my experience. The first dealership I went to they paged the salesman and it took him 5 - 10 minutes to come and talk to me. At the time I didn't realise that the black Laguna Seca wasn't legal to drive on streets but he told me he could order me one. He asked me for my email address and said he'd get back to me on the weekend but didn't. 4 weeks now.... no response. When I went to the next dealer the salesman told me right away that the Laguna Seca wasn't street legal and that Windsor was only getting one in. He said there was little chance of any customer ordering it because other dealerships were offering them over 100 thousand to get it. I did some research and he was right - Canada received very few and they went in a lottary to see which dealers would get them. At least he was honest so I ordered the Gt with all the options that I wanted without any problems from him. He was straight foreward right off the bat asking me if I still wanted to order a 2012 GT since the wait would probably be anywhere from 8 - 12 weeks. I prefer someone like that that's not just there to make the big sale.
Unread 04-22-2011   #8 (permalink)
Mountain is offline Made Member

V6 Member
5.0L Member

Mountain's Country Flag
SE   Michigan
Mountain is on a distinguished road

This guy, I could tell, other than the production stop with the Mustang, that he was pulling stuff from his ass. I started talking to him about Ford and them moving to a globalized platform and the 2014 Mustang being one with more of a global market and design in mind and he was suprised to hear some of the stuff I was telling him.

Haha, at least I know for sure I will not be comming back to that dealership. Hopefully the PP V6 I test drove will still be around in the comming month at Russ Milne; I really want that one. Thinking of either Angela, Monica or Audrey as a name
Unread 04-22-2011   #9 (permalink)
bear60 is offline Rookie

bear60's Country Flag
Dayton   Ohio
bear60 is on a distinguished road

Thanks. Got the window sticker. I appreciate the help.
Unread 04-23-2011   #10 (permalink)
tycat947 is offline Apprentice

4.6L Member

tycat947's Country Flag  View tycat947's 9 photos
Norman   Oklahoma
tycat947 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
This guy, I could tell, other than the production stop with the Mustang, that he was pulling stuff from his ass. I started talking to him about Ford and them moving to a globalized platform and the 2014 Mustang being one with more of a global market and design in mind and he was suprised to hear some of the stuff I was telling him.

Haha, at least I know for sure I will not be comming back to that dealership. Hopefully the PP V6 I test drove will still be around in the comming month at Russ Milne; I really want that one. Thinking of either Angela, Monica or Audrey as a name
With most every dealer I've dealt with in the past, the saleman has much less knowledge about the vehicle than I do. Pretty sad, in my opinion!
Unread 04-23-2011   #11 (permalink)
wolfman11GT is offline Made Member

S197 Member

wolfman11GT's Country Flag
Pella   Iowa
wolfman11GT is on a distinguished road

Good salesmanship takes alot of skill. Product knowledge, communication, people skills.

Unfortunately its one that gets alot of bad apples that for some reason never seem to washout.

1986 Mustang GT 5.0(sold)
1983 Capri RS 5.0(sold)
Unread 04-23-2011   #12 (permalink)
hammergjh is offline GT Member

V6 Member

hammergjh's Country Flag  View hammergjh's 2 photos
Boston's North Shore   Massachusetts
hammergjh is on a distinguished road

I can't even begin to tell you about the continuous stream of bullsh*t I got from my dealership. It was unreal, lie after lie, misstatement after misstatement. It got comical after awhile and I just stopped calling them. Instead I contacted FCS directly and established a working relationship w/ someone there. That has been much more fruitful regarding good information. Plus I use Deysha as confirmation. The 2 sources always jibed and I felt I got the straight scoop.

I got an "ok" deal for an ordered car, about a grand off.

It's taking a long time because of the numerous production delays and my dealer's non-existant allocation. My fault for sticking w/ them this long.

Driving it since 5/09/2011

Add ons: Ford Mustang STB, Epco Rally stripe shifter ball, AFE non-oiled Air filter, Airaid mid pipe, GT500 Splash Guards.
Unread 04-30-2011   #13 (permalink)
88penguins is offline Apprentice

88penguins's Country Flag
Pacific Northwest   Oregon
88penguins is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by privatpig View Post
When I got mine in 2009, I wanted a stick. I asked if they could find one and I would check back in a few days. Came back and was told none availible, that he had checked in about a hundred mile radius. I bought the car, one week later I stopped at a dealer no more than 30 miles away, and lo and behold, there sat my EXACT car, and one identical to it......except it was a stick. Learned my lesson, from now on, I do my own leg work and trust NO one.
When salesmans' claims are concerned, Murphy's Law supersedes Newton's.
Unread 04-30-2011   #14 (permalink)

I went to one dealership just to see if I could fit into a new Mustang comfortably. They pointed me to a 2007 convertible, saying they are all the same. I declined the invitation, and said I want to try a new one, seeing as I might want a NEW one. They set me into a 2009 Shelby (fit well) and said, that's a new one. Then I studied the car, saw there is not a new car sticker, and another guy said, "that's a used one". So I asked for a new one. Someone brought one over, and didn't know how to change the steering wheel to get it out of the way of my legs.

I decided they are just plain dumb, and went to others for real test drives. But then the 2012's came out. After having been on their website, and seeing them in stock, I went back to that first dealer. I asked to see their 2012's. The sales guy said they won't have them for months. The scary part is, HE WASN'T LYING. HE DIDN'T KNOW. Others there were just as uninformed

I walked them to their row of Mustangs, and showed them to them. Then I took a test drive, and they were ready to seal the deal by asking for the keys to my "trade-in", i.e. the car I came in. I declined and suggested they get their sales guys some better training, said I will do some websearching to gain my own understanding of options, prices, etc.

When I made it plain I am a serious buyer, they couldn't even figure out how to respond to an email I sent, telling them it was on its way, to ask for a formal quote.

I went with someone else. I told them I did ordered from another dealer.

Three weeks later, their guy phoned me to ask if I was coming back to finish negotiations on the car I seemed most interested in.

Another two weeks, and still have the same cars on their lot they did when I took the test drive. Can anyone guess why?
Unread 04-30-2011   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammergjh View Post
It's taking a long time because of the numerous production delays and my dealer's non-existant allocation. My fault for sticking w/ them this long.
How does one learn how much allocation the dealer really has? My car has been on order for a month, and Ford's computer still says it is in the ordering process. Maybe it's in the non-allocation process. How can I check? This isn't the kind of question one would bring to Ford directly. They wouldn't want to rat out a low-allocation dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply   Post New Thread

Mustang Photos
Mustang Links    Top Sites    RSS    Link To Us    Add to Favorites    Archive    Terms of Use    Site Rules    Privacy    Contact    Sponsors    Advertise   
AllFordMustangs is not affiliated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company. ©Copyright 2002-2011 All Auto Enthusiasts Network

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162