Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang > 2005+ Mustang > 2011+ Mustang Talk

Welcome to our Mustang forums where Mustangers come together to hang out, discuss and enjoy their favorite Mustang hobby with fellow Mustang enthusiasts. We invite everyone to read, post, and enjoy our Mustang forum as well as the many other sections of our site.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. By joining our community you gain access to post topics, communicate with members, upload your photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free so why wait, join our Mustang community today! If you have any problems with registration or your account login, please contact support.

2011+ Mustang Talk Forum

2011+ Talk | 2011+ GT | 2011+ V6 | 2005-2010 Talk | 2005-2010 GT | 2005-2010 V6 | Shelby GT500 | Mustang Tech 

Reply   Post New Thread
Unread 01-04-2013   #1 (permalink)
MustangJohnny is offline Apprentice

MustangJohnny's Country Flag
NOVA   Virginia
MustangJohnny is on a distinguished road
Default Black 2010 GT500 Replica Wheel Waranty Problems

I hate to start another thread revolving around an issue with American Muscle customer service but I feel the need to inform, as well as get this clarified.

The situation:
I purchased the Black 2010 GT500 Replica Wheel and Tire package a little over 1 year ago from American Muscle (November 2011). The wheels were fantastic! Looked great. However, after 7 months or so, the finish on one of the wheels started to chip and flake near one of the lug nut holes. I didn't think much of it at first since it was small. (I accept the fact that I should have contacted them at this point. Failure on my part, I understand) A year after I purchased the package (approx November 2012) that small chip had grown and spread. It had even started to peel down the face of the wheel. And now a second wheel is showing a chip/flake exactly like the first one started out with. I looked into the warranty process for the wheels and found that it was a 1 year finish warranty. Since it was right at a year I was bummed but figured, that's life.

In late December 2012, someone was asking here about these wheels and the quality of them. There was a response by AMDanBailer stating that they have a lifetime structural warranty and a 2 year finish warranty on all of their wheels. Surprised to see a 2 year finish warranty instead of a 1 year, I promptly called AM to check and confirm. I was told that they indeed had a 2 year finish warranty and would cover the cost of un-mounting, re-mounting and balancing the tires. All I would need to do is send pictures of the damaged wheels in, and once they reviewed them, it should be taken care of.

Due to the time of year, and the fact that I was out of town until this week, I was unable to send the pictures in until Jan 1st (I told the rep about this). I hadn't received a response by today (4th) so I decided to call. The gentleman I spoke to, found my e-mail and said that they would e-mail me return labels for the damaged wheels and ship out 2 new wheels today. There was one problem. When I asked about un-mounting, re-mounting and balancing the tires, I was told that I was responsible for that cost. Even when I mentioned that I was told before that AM would cover the costs, he said that apparently I was told wrong. He also mentioned that even though it was past the 1 year finish warranty date, he would still honor it. When I mentioned the post here stating a 2 year finish warranty, again he said that was wrong.

Now I appreciate AM being willing to replace my 2 damaged wheels, regardless of the 1 or 2 year finish warranty. That says a lot. But what I'm confused about is why am I being told two different things? How can one or two people say there is a 2 year finish warranty, and another say it's 1 year? How can I be told that the cost of un-mounting / re-mounting and balancing will be taken care of, and then when I set it up, be told the opposite?

I would just like to know the facts. What should we expect if/when there is an issue with wheels purchased from AM?

Race Red '11 GT Premium

Too many mods to list. To check them out, head over to my blog:
redsmods.blogspot.com
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2013   #2 (permalink)
Blaseleblanc is online now GT Member

V6 Member
S197 Member

Blaseleblanc's Country Flag
Prairieville   Louisiana
Blaseleblanc is on a distinguished road

They even warranty it if you obtain the chips from every day driving? I've had my wheels for about a month and one of them has a paint chip in it... I figured it was from a rock or something, idk. Definitely not curb rash. Is that under warranty?
Current Mods: 19x8.5 Charcoal AMR Rims, Bama Tune 93H, Airaid CAI, FRPP Sport Axle Backs, FRPP 3.73 gears, Boss/CS/GT500 Rear Diffuser, GT500 Rear Spoiler, GT500 Mud Guards, Raxiom Reverse/License LED Lights, OEM Take off Black Charcoal Leather, GT500 Steering Wheel, Auto Headlights, Chrome 3.7 Badges, Quarter Window Louvers, Dark Matter Tint

Future Mods: Matte black GT500 Stripe, Black Billet Grilles, Stillen Front Chin Spoiler, Roush Side Splitters, Painted Mirror Caps
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Unread 01-04-2013   #3 (permalink)

NOVA   Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaseleblanc View Post
They even warranty it if you obtain the chips from every day driving? I've had my wheels for about a month and one of them has a paint chip in it... I figured it was from a rock or something, idk. Definitely not curb rash. Is that under warranty?
Perhaps I should have clarified. The problem wasn't that it was a road chip. That's understandable. The problem is that the finish on the wheel is peeling. I'll see if I can post a pic of one of the wheels. The paint is peeling / flaking away from the rim.

Race Red '11 GT Premium

redsmods.blogspot.com
Unread 01-04-2013   #4 (permalink)
Blaseleblanc is online now GT Member

V6 Member
S197 Member

Blaseleblanc's Country Flag
Prairieville   Louisiana
Blaseleblanc is on a distinguished road

I did read that, but I figured that was just what naturally happened when a chip was left exposed after a long period of time... I'm new to this lol

Try calling and talking to George Gurch. I had a big problem with defective products from AM for Christmas and he hooked me up big time. If anyone can give you the correct info, it would be their Customer Service Supervisor.
Current Mods: 19x8.5 Charcoal AMR Rims, Bama Tune 93H, Airaid CAI, FRPP Sport Axle Backs, FRPP 3.73 gears, Boss/CS/GT500 Rear Diffuser, GT500 Rear Spoiler, GT500 Mud Guards, Raxiom Reverse/License LED Lights, OEM Take off Black Charcoal Leather, GT500 Steering Wheel, Auto Headlights, Chrome 3.7 Badges, Quarter Window Louvers, Dark Matter Tint

Future Mods: Matte black GT500 Stripe, Black Billet Grilles, Stillen Front Chin Spoiler, Roush Side Splitters, Painted Mirror Caps
Unread 01-04-2013   #5 (permalink)

NOVA   Virginia

Here is a photo:
Attached Thumbnails
Black 2010 GT500 Replica Wheel Waranty Problems-image.jpg  

Race Red '11 GT Premium

redsmods.blogspot.com
Unread 01-04-2013   #6 (permalink)

NOVA   Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaseleblanc View Post
I did read that, but I figured that was just what naturally happened when a chip was left exposed after a long period of time... I'm new to this lol

Try calling and talking to George Gurch. I had a big problem with defective products from AM for Christmas and he hooked me up big time. If anyone can give you the correct info, it would be their Customer Service Supervisor.
I remember your thread. I was very happy how AM responded and that's why I was so surprised at the different responses I got from different AM support personnel. I don't see how those finish issues could have been started by a road chip due to the location of the problem. I do all my own work on the car and I even purchased a thin walled socket because I had read that the lug nut holes were rather tight on these wheels. That's all I've ever used. My only guess was the finish wasn't quite complete around the lug nut holes and has started to peel and flake because of that.

Race Red '11 GT Premium

redsmods.blogspot.com
Unread 01-04-2013   #7 (permalink)
JohnRichard is offline GT Member

JohnRichard's Country Flag  View JohnRichard's 14 photos
Oklahoma City   Oklahoma
JohnRichard is on a distinguished road

This sounds like the same issue someone else posted a few days or a week or so ago… Both sound like an internal training problem…
I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
Unread 01-04-2013   #8 (permalink)
AMShaneLesky is offline Site Sponsor

AMShaneLesky's Country Flag  View AMShaneLesky's HomePage
Malvern,   Pennsylvania
AMShaneLesky is on a distinguished road

MustangJohnny,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the two of your Wheel's finishes and about the confusion & miscommunication with our wheel warranty policy. I would be more than happy to clear things up for you!

Normally, our Wheel Warranty policy requires the purchaser to cover the costs of mounting & balancing and shipping of the damaged wheels back to AM. Dan was trying to hook you up by covering the whole cost, but must have not communicated with you about returning/warrantying the wheels through him, via PM. Otherwise, our Customer Service Reps just go by our standard policy.

The Wheel Warranty policy covers damaged finishes for up to 1 year from the purchase date. Dan was mixed up with his terms, so I'll make sure he has everything straight after today. Either way, we'll still honor our warranty because of all the hassle you've had to go through. I know it can be really frustrating to get mixed information and feel left in the dark. That's certainly not the way we want returns/warranty claims to go!

As far as mounting & balancing goes, we'll be able to reimburse you after the process is finished. You'll need to get the original tires off of the damaged rims before you send them to us. Make sure you keep the UPS receipt, too. Meanwhile, we'll have the replacement rims on their way to your residence. Once they arrive, get them mounted & balanced and send me a PM with a picture of your receipt. At that point I'll have the receipt amount from the shop and UPS credited to your ASAP!

Hopefully this clears everything up for you. Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with. I'd be happy to help!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.257.1770 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Unread 01-04-2013   #9 (permalink)

NOVA   Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
MustangJohnny,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the two of your Wheel's finishes and about the confusion & miscommunication with our wheel warranty policy. I would be more than happy to clear things up for you!

Our Wheel Warranty policy covers damaged finishes for up to 1 year from the purchase date. Dan must have been mixed up with his terms, so I'll make sure he has everything straight after today. Either way, we'll still honor our warranty because of all the hassle you've had to go through. I know it can be really frustrating to get mixed information and feel left in the dark. That's certainly not the way we want returns/warranty claims to go!

As far as mounting & balancing goes, we'll be able to reimburse you after the process is finished. You'll need to get the original tires off of the damaged rims before you send them to us. Make sure you keep the UPS receipt, too. Meanwhile, we'll have the replacement rims on their way to your residence. Once they arrive, get them mounted & balanced and send me a PM with a picture of your receipt. At that point I'll have the receipt amount from the shop and UPS credited to your ASAP!

Hopefully this clears everything up for you. Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with. I'd be happy to help!

Shane

Shane, this proves why you guys have the best customer service in the business. I continue to order from you guys for this very reason. If there ever is a mix up between reps, you guys clarify it and take care of the customer. It means a lot that you are willing to replace the wheels and cover the costs even if it's past the warranty. Thank You!

Race Red '11 GT Premium

redsmods.blogspot.com
Unread 01-04-2013   #10 (permalink)
AMShaneLesky is offline Site Sponsor

AMShaneLesky's Country Flag  View AMShaneLesky's HomePage
Malvern,   Pennsylvania
AMShaneLesky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangJohnny View Post
Shane, this proves why you guys have the best customer service in the business. I continue to order from you guys for this very reason. If there ever is a mix up between reps, you guys clarify it and take care of the customer. It means a lot that you are willing to replace the wheels and cover the costs even if it's past the warranty. Thank You!

Thanks for understanding Jon! As you know, sometimes things slip through the cracks or a simple miscommunication is made, but contact Dan or I and we'll do anything we can to straightened things out. I'm glad I could help keep you as a life long customer!

Shoot me a PM with your order number so I can make a note for my Customer Service Reps. This will help the whole process move along more smoothly.

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.257.1770 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply   Post New Thread

Mustang Photos
Mustang Links    Top Sites    RSS    Link To Us    Add to Favorites    Archive    Terms of Use    Site Rules    Privacy    Contact    Sponsors    Advertise   
AllFordMustangs is not affiliated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company. ©Copyright 2002-2011 All Auto Enthusiasts Network

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162