Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang > 2005+ Mustang > 2011+ V6 Mustang Tech

Welcome to our Mustang forums where Mustangers come together to hang out, discuss and enjoy their favorite Mustang hobby with fellow Mustang enthusiasts. We invite everyone to read, post, and enjoy our Mustang forum as well as the many other sections of our site.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. By joining our community you gain access to post topics, communicate with members, upload your photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free so why wait, join our Mustang community today! If you have any problems with registration or your account login, please contact support.

2011+ V6 Mustang Tech Forum

2011+ Talk | 2011+ GT | 2011+ V6 | 2005-2010 Talk | 2005-2010 GT | 2005-2010 V6 | Shelby GT500 | Mustang Tech 

Reply   Post New Thread
Unread 12-05-2012   #31 (permalink)
titusdrake is offline PONY Member

titusdrake's Country Flag
Orlando   Florida
titusdrake is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013MustangGT View Post
I would not be able to live with a Mustang knowing it was in a car crash, let alone totaled. Get a new one. Btw was it a GT or a V6?
V6 Grey PP wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2012   #32 (permalink)
2VipeRS is offline MACH I Member

2VipeRS's Country Flag
Bismarck   North Dakota
2VipeRS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Express View Post
I doubt they are going to total a 24K car for 8 grand worth of damage.
If there is damage to the Suspension, make sure they replace it with the Same part number, our cars is not a normal V6, Performance Package cars have a lot of GT and SVT parts under them.
It's definitely more than 8k damage. I had over $5k damage for just a door, front quarter and a headlight damage. In addition to my damage, his includes axle assemblies, wheels, another quarter, door frame (the kicker, since it's unibody and almost impossible to bend back) and who knows how much underbody/frame damage there is.

I hit my deer head on, going the interstate speed limit of 75MPH and I had way less damage and did not put my life in danger. Most often a person is better off just slowing down gradually in a straight line rather than swerving and braking - for the simple fact of saving your life by preventing any chance of a roll over or car from behind slamming into you. I am just glad it turned out ok for your health.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Unread 12-05-2012   #33 (permalink)
FordService is offline OFFICIAL FORD REP.

FordService's Country Flag  View FordService's HomePage
Dearborn   Michigan
FordService is a glorious beacon of lightFordService is a glorious beacon of lightFordService is a glorious beacon of lightFordService is a glorious beacon of lightFordService is a glorious beacon of lightFordService is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrentzero View Post
Well unfortunately on the way home to my house early Monday morning i crashed my mustang . It was about 1:30am and i was heading home, it was a bit slick, about 35 degrees out and as i was entering a corner in a 50mph zone as soon as i went around the bend there was a Nice Big buck standing in the middle of the road!
OUCH! Glad to learn you’re ok. I hope everything gets resolved for you, revrentzero.

Deysha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Unread 12-05-2012   #34 (permalink)
revrentzero is offline Apprentice

revrentzero's Country Flag
Michigan   Michigan
revrentzero is on a distinguished road

Well yes I'm gonna fight the ticket! We'll see what the guy says today.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 12-05-2012   #35 (permalink)
Mustang No.7 is offline PONY Member

V6 Member
S197 Member

Mustang No.7's Country Flag
Pineywoods   Texas
Mustang No.7 is on a distinguished road

Ticket is BS unless there is a witness to back up the charge, what a waste of everyone's time by an overzealous officer. Glad you're ok, regardless of the outcome on the car, in the overall scheme of things, being alive to have a chance at another day is ultimately the most important thing.
Unread 12-05-2012   #36 (permalink)
Strange Mud is offline MACH I Member

Strange Mud's Country Flag
A small town in   Connecticut
Strange Mud is on a distinguished road

reckless driving, you managed to avoid the deer. Argue it was skill that allowed you to avoid it. You knew it was something you were about to hit and decided to avoid it at all costs.

New England Spring Cruise Saturday June 7th

see my threads or PM for details!
Unread 12-05-2012   #37 (permalink)
whirledpeaz is offline PONY Member

S197 Member

whirledpeaz's Country Flag
Cookeville   Tennessee
whirledpeaz is on a distinguished road

Sorry to see that. I've been through a similar situation. I don't think that it will be totaled though. Depends on your insurance company. What are their limits? With State Farm on our 2011 it was 75% IIRC. Was a long exhaustive 4 month journey. In the end the decision was made to total because every time the shop said it was ready I kept finding things wrong. At the time the 401a brick red interior wasn't even available. I hope it goes the way you want it to.

Unread 12-05-2012   #38 (permalink)
RickAKATed10 is offline MACH I Member

V6 Member
S197 Member

RickAKATed10's Country Flag  View RickAKATed10's 90 photos  View RickAKATed10's HomePage
Highland   Indiana
RickAKATed10 is on a distinguished road

You're alive and that's all that matters.
Mods: tape stripe delete | 20% tint | Dynomax SS cat-back exhaust (39507) | smoked side markers | Injen intake (PF9022WB)
Unread 12-05-2012   #39 (permalink)
csbassplayer200 is offline Made Member

csbassplayer200's Country Flag
Shiloh   Illinois
csbassplayer200 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrentzero View Post
They gave me a ticket for careless driving.. :I so that the other thing I gotta worry about is getting the points taken off as well.
Unless there was an officer who witnessed it happen, fight that ticket. How the hell do they even make that assessment after the fact with no witnesses in a stated "I attempted to avoid a collision with an object" scenario? Reaching to say the least. A careless driving conviction would hurt your insurance rates big time on any vehicle you drive for a while.
2013 V6 Base, Manual transmission, 101A (tape stripe delete), in the ultra seductive color known as Deep Impact Blue. Airaid CAI, Diabolosport InTune 93 octane canned tune, 3D Carbon Gt500 spoiler, Roush window louvers, Flowmaster Force II Axlebacks. Proud owner since 08/01/2012
Unread 12-05-2012   #40 (permalink)
WhiteBird00 is offline GT Member

WhiteBird00's Country Flag
Jacksonville   Florida
WhiteBird00 is on a distinguished road

I hate to throw a wet blanket on all the "bs ticket" posters but the LEO did not have to see the accident nor have a witness in order to issue a careless driving ticket. The theory is that if you have a single car accident, you were doing something careless such as driving too fast for the road or weather conditions, you were distracted, you zigged when you should have zagged, or some other careless action. In this case they can say that if you had been going slower due to the slippery conditions, the darkness and the curve, you would have been able to stop for the deer without running off the road - especially since you said it was standing there and didn't just jump out in front of you. It will be a very difficult ticket to fight considering the resulting condition of the car. The reason it was careless driving instead of reckless driving is that there is no need for them to prove intent or specific actions, just that there was a preventable crash.
Unread 12-05-2012   #41 (permalink)
Nibis is offline PONY Member

S197 Member

Nibis's Country Flag
Troy   Missouri
Nibis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBird00 View Post
I hate to throw a wet blanket on all the "bs ticket" posters but the LEO did not have to see the accident nor have a witness in order to issue a careless driving ticket. The theory is that if you have a single car accident, you were doing something careless such as driving too fast for the road or weather conditions, you were distracted, you zigged when you should have zagged, or some other careless action. In this case they can say that if you had been going slower due to the slippery conditions, the darkness and the curve, you would have been able to stop for the deer without running off the road - especially since you said it was standing there and didn't just jump out in front of you. It will be a very difficult ticket to fight considering the resulting condition of the car. The reason it was careless driving instead of reckless driving is that there is no need for them to prove intent or specific actions, just that there was a preventable crash.

Good points, but I still say BS, if that were a kid in the middle of the road, the OP would be a hero. If the OP pleads not guilty, then it falls on the state to prove he is guilty, which will cost the state more money than it is worth.
Unread 12-05-2012   #42 (permalink)
racin366 is offline SHELBY GT 350 Member

4.6L Member

racin366's Country Flag
Pompano Beach   Florida
racin366 is on a distinguished road

Its going to be close to totaled I think, hope you have GAP insurance, glad you weren't hurt.
Unread 12-05-2012   #43 (permalink)
revrentzero is offline Apprentice

revrentzero's Country Flag
Michigan   Michigan
revrentzero is on a distinguished road

Just talked to the body shop guy, he say he's going to order new wheels suspension and the axle so that it's in a "driving state" and then they will put it on the hoist and give a further inspection from underneath, there going to fix it, I argued a little bit and its all going to be replaced with oem parts and not aftermarket, ill e driving over there in like 15 mins to talk to the guy personally tho.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 12-05-2012   #44 (permalink)
demento is offline Apprentice

demento's Country Flag
lower mainland   British Columbia
demento is on a distinguished road

Glad your ok, but pray they total it, if they fix it, it will never be like it was new and it will hurt the resale value big time down the road.
Unread 12-05-2012   #45 (permalink)
csbassplayer200 is offline Made Member

csbassplayer200's Country Flag
Shiloh   Illinois
csbassplayer200 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by demento View Post
Glad your ok, but pray they total it, if they fix it, it will never be like it was new and it will hurt the resale value big time down the road.
No and Yes. Will it hurt resale, yes. Will it never be like it was when it was new? No. This is why choosing a good body shop is important.

As for the "LEO didn't need to see anything to issue a ticket" crowd, two words. Due process. This is why red light cameras rarely hold up if contested in court. They hope you wont take the time to fight it.

The fact the insured crashed his car in a single vehicle accident does not mean that it was automatically careless. Avoiding collision with an object is a reasonable explaination as such. Innocent until PROVEN guilty. Hard to prove without an eye witness, unless they are taking testimony from the deer.... They have evidence a crash happened. They have the OP's word that it was to avoid an object in the road. Saying it was careless is nothing but conjecture and speculation. Won't hold up in court.
2013 V6 Base, Manual transmission, 101A (tape stripe delete), in the ultra seductive color known as Deep Impact Blue. Airaid CAI, Diabolosport InTune 93 octane canned tune, 3D Carbon Gt500 spoiler, Roush window louvers, Flowmaster Force II Axlebacks. Proud owner since 08/01/2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply   Post New Thread

Mustang Photos
Mustang Links    Top Sites    RSS    Link To Us    Add to Favorites    Archive    Terms of Use    Site Rules    Privacy    Contact    Sponsors    Advertise   
AllFordMustangs is not affiliated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company. ©Copyright 2002-2011 All Auto Enthusiasts Network

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162