Ford Mustang Forum banner

Does installing a CAI on a new mustang avoid the warranty ?

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Blackpenguin69 
#1 ·
What's up beloved Mustang crazies. Quick and a newbie question; I got a '15 ecoboost (that is in the shop to replace the side and up airbags, due to hitting a curb to avoid an accident at 35mph). I want to take the most out of my car.
I am thinking about doing a COBB tune and install a CAI. I understand that if I go for a service at the dealership, while under warranty, I can uninstall the tune in about 15 min or less. The question is: If I install a CAI (not sure yet which one), is that enough for FORD simple avoid my warranty or a CAI upgrade is not something that will botch my warranty? I understand that uninstalling/installing a CAI is not a big deal and it shouldn't take to long to do so...but sure can be a pain in the ass if that is the case...

#2 ·
If aFe has a Dry_ S drop-in filter for your stock air box I'd just do that.

#3 ·
Lets see if I understand

Thanks for your answer and point of view; But lets see if I understand correctly (Sorry...I am new to this world)! Besides buying the aFe filter($62,95) , I have to buy separately the Airaid Modular Intake tube ($105.90) ?

#4 ·
Nope, the drop-in will fit your stock box. The "tube" is optional, it is a better look.

Reactions: Must15
#5 ·
Gotcha!!! One more question...

Thank you so much for the info. That is exactly what I am going to do it and see if there is a bit difference on performance and mpg. Since it seems that you have good knowledge of this things, let me ask you another question; What should I do to make this car sounds louder and like if it has more "power" than actually does, without completely brake the bank and also, like the CAI, doesn't affect my warranty?
I truly appreciate your time to answer.

#6 ·
I just installed Bassani axle-back exhaust, makes the car sound much better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.