Ford Mustang Forum banner

And it broke....

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Mike X-PH 
#1 ·
I was so stoked on this car, first time Mustang owner, never have had so much fun driving.

Since Friday when starting the car it would show the wrench and say "hill start not available" and "traction control not available". Turning the car off and back on resolved it and good for a few days, so figured maybe just a fluke. Then since yesterday did it upon every start. Hooked up obd and pulled p0234 and p2610. An overboost and performance timer warning?

Dropped at the dealer this morning. They just called me and said they can't figure it out and want to keep it overnight. Not a problem is not my daily driver. But at the same time leaves a bad taste in my mouth for a car with less than 1300 miles to be in the shop.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I was so stoked on this car, first time Mustang owner, never have had so much fun driving.

Since Friday when starting the car it would show the wrench and say "hill start not available" and "traction control not available". Turning the car off and back on resolved it and good for a few days, so figured maybe just a fluke. Then since yesterday did it upon every start. Hooked up obd and pulled p0234 and p2610. An overboost and performance timer warning?

Dropped at the dealer this morning. They just called me and said they can't figure it out and want to keep it overnight. Not a problem is not my daily driver. But at the same time leaves a bad taste in my mouth for a car with less than 1300 miles to be in the shop.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Let's see, you have a car whose on board computer systems are 8 times more powerful than the last space shuttle that was launched.......almost 1 million pages of troubleshooting guides (as compared to 1990 when their were 640,000 pages)..........and the shop is seeing something that it has most likely never seen before, cannot readily determine the cause and you're disappointed?

Ok, I understand.......................................and appreciate your thoughts

#4 ·
Same thing happened to me. I was driving on the HW when I got the same message. All of my electronics were acting up including the driving modes. Pulled off the HW and stopped at a Ford dealer. Turned off the car and went to get a someone to look at it. They started the car up and everything was back to normal. That was three months ago and it hasn't happened again. Hopefully it was a fluke.

#5 ·
Not sure if all the systems are exactly the same between the S197s and the S550s when it comes to TC and drivetrain, but I would also get failures of the hill start and AdvanceTRAC systems. After paying a dealer to replace the ABS wheel speed sensors (40 days out of warranty) the problem reoccurred.

I found that my positive battery lead was pretty badly caked with corrosion. I removed it, neutralized it with baking soda and water and slapped it all back together and the issue has not returned now after 3 months.

The car is my daily, with several hundred miles per week, so it doesn't seem like a coincidental fix SO FAR. If you haven't checked your battery leads, you might as well just give them a glance.

#6 ·
Yuppers, weak current from the battery can scare the pure living shinola out of a computer. I got things like those wacky computer codes happening to my 2007 about 8 years ago before I started regularly cleaning out my cowl rain drains which helps prevent water in the SJB.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.