Ford Mustang Forum banner

Moisture in rear tail lamps

777 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  EOMFD-Niko 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Sorry if this subject has been beaten to death but i cant find anything on the interweb on the subject for new Mustangs. I just purchased a 2017 GT premium Mustang last week and i really love the car. Its all black everything and beautiful. However, after washing it this weekend I noticed moisture in the rear tail lamps/brake lights. Is this something i should be concerned about or just let it ride? This is my first Ford Mustang so im getting used to its little quirks. My favorite quirk so far is the thump when shifting gears :/. Anyway, id appreciate any advice.

Thanks ,
Dave

#2 ·
I don't know much about the s550's since I don't own one, but water in the light housings is never normal no matter what car you have. I'd say take it back to the dealership and have them get you a new light(s). I also don't know what thump you're talking about lol but I would question ford about it unless you've read that it's completely normal

#3 ·
I also have the thump. I have moisture in my front lights, when I picked up the car the paperwork had a note explaining that moisture can build up in the inside. Apparently they aren't completely sealed to deal with some sort of pressure? When I get back to the states I'll be bringing it to the dealership though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.